What's new

TTP Murdered 11 foreign mountaineers at Nanga Parbat base camp.

You are trying to say India committed this murder. Are you dreaming?

no dude i am not dreaming m damn sure just talked to the guy who lives in chillas and owns hotel at fairy meadows said Taliban thingy is just bull sh*T and this killing happend just to defame pakistan's image and indians love to do such things against pakistan

Please be reasonable - they get paid to do this job - what you are suggesting is like going to the surgeon and the surgeon telling you "hey, you got to participate in your own surgery"

Please understand that in time there will be an accounting - if you think people think poorly of the army,you ain't seen nothing yet --and the external situation by then may be very different, perhaps a lot more hostile - if these village boys had any sense they would understand that they have a good thing going and they are risking it all - perhaps there may be individuals inside the institution who will be asking if this decision is worth their future.

Once that questioning starts, the end result will be a very different army, be rest assured of that.

army is paid for fighting wars with foreign armies...not for policing the country....

people like you and @Leader arw confused...
first you want army to stay away with civilian affairs then you want army to do police job...
first make up your own mind what role yoy want army to take..
there was no terrorism in any martial law ad worse terrorism during civilian rule...so who fails to keep law and order?
civilians.....not army...

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you ask this question from your Govt. and TTP, other freedom groups and there Sympathizer's .....I don't want to derail this thread. :wave:

THE TRAIT OF PDF: HEALTHY DISCUSSIONS END TO OFF TOPIC'S :pissed:

that area doesnot have any freedom group taliban thingy ,, if you dnt know Sh*t about the ground realities better avoid this discussion

trend of foreign tourists was changing from India to pakistan after the rape cases in india i havent seen such number of foreigners in northern areas in last 7 years , and the talibans took the responsibility of killing i dont knowz whoz objectives talibans completing :mad:

As a matter of fact despite the international bad publicity of the Delhi rape case, inbound tourists increased 5% in India compared to last year.

army is paid for fighting wars with foreign armies...not for policing the country....

people like you and @Leader arw confused...
first you want army to stay away with civilian affairs then you want army to do police job...
first make up your own mind what role yoy want army to take..
there was no terrorism in any martial law ad worse terrorism during civilian rule...so who fails to keep law and order?
civilians.....not army...

I think it's not so much that ou are confused, you merely attempt evasion -- like the Islamist line about revenge for drones, but then you have experience with such things. Anyways, it's not important what I or leader think, what you do not seem to be grasping is that consequences will arise for Army due to it's dereliction of duty.

Blame civilians , blame any one you care to, in the end the people hold the army responsible.

But since you would rather the police handle this then perhaps the necessary funding should come from the army budget, after all, since no foreign army is attacking us, we can do will far fewer army personnel and their golf clubs, what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
TTP claims responsibility for killing tourists in Gilgit-Baltistan

By Tahir Khan Published: June 23, 2013

567250-TTPtalibanehsanullahehsanafp-1371976541-302-640x480.jpg

File photo of Ehsanullah Ehsan. PHOTO: AFP

ISLAMABAD: The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claimed responsibility on Sunday for the killing of nine foreign tourists and their guide in Gilgit-Balitistan.

The incident took place near a camp base, where the tourists were staying.

TTP spokesperson Ehsanullah Ehsan called The Express Tribune and said the group’s faction named Junud-e-Hafsa carried out the brutal attack.

He said the killing was revenge against the US drone attacks and killing of TTP chief Waliur Rehman Mehsud.

“This will tell the international community about our feelings and sentiments against the killing of our fighters,” he said.

Government officials said five Ukrainians and a number of Chinese were killed. One Pakistani also died and one Chinese survivor has been recovered.

The climbers were staying at a first camp, around 4,200 feet from Nanga Parbat, one of the highest mountains in the world, in the Diamer district of Gilgit-Baltistan.

TTP claims responsibility for killing tourists in Gilgit-Baltistan – The Express Tribune

This is a dark day for chinese mountaineers.
Yangchunfeng and Raojianfeng,two of chinese greatest mountain climbers who were the first Han chinese conquered K2 and were believed being the first han chinese to conquer all world's 14 highest peaks in the future ,didn't die in a mountain but in a terrorist attack.
All chinese mountaineer were shocked.

This is a dark day for chinese mountainers.
Yangchunfeng and raojianfeng,two of chinese greatest mountain climbers who were the first Han chinese conquered K2 and were believed will climb all world's 14 highest peaks one day ,didn't die in a mountain but in a terrorist attack.
All chinese mountainer were shocked.

If it means anything to them, please let them now that we have sympathy for the families of those who died and we are ashamed
that once again, Pakistan has failed to protect Chinese friends -- but please also tell them that no one is safe in Pakistan, except the terrorists and those who cultivated the terrorists to begin with

I think it's not so much that ou are confused, you merely attempt evasion -- like the Islamist line about revenge for drones, but then you have experience with such things. Anyways, it's not important what I or leader think, what you do not seem to be grasping is that consequences will arise for Army due to it's dereliction of duty.

Blame civilians , blame any one you care to, in the end the people hold the army responsible.

But since you would rather the police handle this then perhaps the necessary funding should come from the army budget, after all, since no foreign army is attacking us, we can do will far fewer army personnel and their golf clubs, what do you think?

no...
these are nit diversions...mere facts..
army fighrs foreign threats.....I don't see induan or afghan army attacking Pakistan...so army is doing their job.
Afghans used to gang up an attack army posts...but the border us now shelled regularly and that type of firieign threat has been dealt with...
Providing security to foreign tourists is a civil government and police job...not army job...that fact remains..

In Pakistan army gathers intelligencevabd do good at that....A threat eminating from a foreign chain of command is intercepted and passed on to civilian institutions which fo nothing...

until the time we dont blame police and civilian indtitutes for not ha.dling rampant terrorism...the problem will persist...

Army can only intervene after a law change and civilian government asking them to do so which they havent...

If it means anything to them, please let them now that we have sympathy for the families of those who died and we are ashamed
that once again, Pakistan has failed to protect Chinese friends -- but please also tell them that no one is safe in Pakistan, except the terrorists and those who cultivated the terrorists to begin with

i dont know why they didnt attacked the chinese making Karakoram Highway just few miles away from the diamir side seems it was a target killing

i dont know why they didnt attacked the chinese making Karakoram Highway just few miles away from the diamir side seems it was a target killing

They choose unarmed victims without protection

GB Chief Secy, IG suspended after Nanga Parbat attack, Nisar tells NA
ISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan said Inspector General Police and Chief Secretary Gilgit-Baltistan have been suspended after Nanga Parbat incident, in which gunmen killed 10 people including nine foreign tourists.

Speaking in the National Assembly, he strongly criticized the apathy on part of security institutions in thwarting such acts of terrorism. He, however, said that there was no question of point scoring.The minister applauded army jawans for their efforts following the incident.

He said that an inquiry would be carried out against the IGP and chief secretary. He told the house that gunmen entered the base camp in security forces’ uniform and gunned down three Chinese, five Ukrainian and a Russian tourist.

Nisar said that a Chinese tourist was recovered from the base camp. “I talked to Chinese ambassador who asked whether Chinese tourists were militants’ target. I told him Pakistan was the target of the attack,” Nisar said. He said that the attack was aimed at giving the message to the world that Pakistan was an insecure country.

The interior minister said that no army personnel would enter the Red Zone in Islamabad without being searched. He said that nobody would be able to stop only six terrorists if they enter the parliament.
GB Chief Secy, IG suspended after Nanga Parbat attack, Nisar tells NA - thenews.com.pk

Wait a minute...is the camp site of the killing really that far? No one has reached there till now?

Looks like it was really a remote area, how did the terrorists get that far in the middle of the night? You would have to be pretty determined to do something like this.

Which one do you prefer?

Both of the tactics have their pros and cons...

Currently, we are doing nothing except waiting for 2014...then maybe we'll analyze the situation post withdrawal. We are just drifting away....

no brother, 2nd one is complete disaster, it wont be an army but some confused NGO + Charity in uniform and will still get all the trash and criticism from people. remember the story of father, son and their mule?

bringing in army to quell uprising & militancy in a country / empire is a serious and last resort and when it comes its job is very specific and mandate very short, it has to kill enough to bring all those threatening the state (along with their apologists) to a table once they promise that they dont need language of a weapon to behave.

see that Armies in Bahrain, Turkey and Iraq (Sadam era) were never confused in dealing with the dissent & militancy I dont see any fellow Muslim bringing Islam & morality (of killing own muslim people) over those military operations. and what was the result? the army's job was done and they were back sending enough "angry brothers" to the journey of afterlife.

Back
Top Bottom