What's new

TTP Murdered 11 foreign mountaineers at Nanga Parbat base camp.

They choose unarmed victims without protection

no ...angry mulla thirsty of foreign blood will kill all..
why spare foreighners sat on a accessible road..and kill some in far flung area?

If it means anything to them, please let them now that we have sympathy for the families of those who died and we are ashamed
that once again, Pakistan has failed to protect Chinese friends -- but please also tell them that no one is safe in Pakistan, except the terrorists and those who cultivated the terrorists to begin with

Thank you for your sympathy and I will tell them.
Me, myself is not a mountainer but aslo a mountain lover. I feel really sad and don't know what to say.

no ...angry mulla thirsty of foreign blood will kill all..
why spare foreighners sat on a accessible road..and kill some in far flung area?

You understand their thinking better - you understood the route they took better as well
-- It workers are many, the mountaineers few and unarmed, without guards

Thank you for your sympathy and I will tell them.
Me, myself is not mountainer but aslo a mountain lover. I feel really sad and don't know what to say.

To be honest with you, no one knows what to say, senseless, cruel but it is Pakistan today - just please know that we are ashamed

Fact remains that kashmiris never wanted to be Indians ... still don't...

Fact remains that using your own punjabi and assorted illiterate pakistani youth drunk on religion to ''help kashmiris'' has brought you here.

The braindead decision of using your own illiterate youth as cannon fodder and shooting practice for indians has and had nothing to do with what kashmiris want, it was all about what YOU want. Heck your ''freedom fighters'' killed and continue to kill enough of real kashmiris who fail to take orders from pindi.

Fact is that when these illiterate brainwashed religious fanatics were killing indians you guys were shouting yourselves silly praising the freedom fighters. This is YOUR doing, your delusional belief that kashmir is some special case, there are hundreds of places on earth infested with dissent, get over your obsession.

You understand their thinking better - you understood the route they took better as well

what I understand is this isn't a random angry mullah attack...
simple as that...

Jundullah are a terrorist group who used to operate against Iran in their Sistan-Baluchestan province. I guess their insurgency has been crushed there. But now maybe they have now found new allies in TTP.

TTP restricted to the North and West in their operations, Jundullah were in Baluchistan - both form a nexus and trek in mountains of Kashmir to kill foreign tourists? baath kuch hazam nahi hui.

Jundullah are a terrorist group who used to operate against Iran in their Sistan-Baluchestan province. I guess their insurgency has been crushed there. But now maybe they have now found new allies in TTP.

We crushed them so quickly , we didn't give them a chance to flourish. Of course their gang leader was referred to as a "rebel" on Al Jazeera, Al Arabiya and VOA and given a platform to do interviews and such.

I have no Idea what's going on with Pakistan, but the internal security services need to wake up, before Pakistan goes into a civil war.

Fact remains that using your own punjabi and assorted illiterate pakistani youth drunk on religion to ''help kashmiris'' has brought you here.

The braindead decision of using your own illiterate youth as cannon fodder and shooting practice for indians has and had nothing to do with what kashmiris want. Heck your ''freedom fighters'' killed and continue to kill enough of real kashmiris who fail to take orders from pindi.

Pakistan has ceased support of Kashmir many times..
there was no support during Benazir Bhutto times and recently during Zardari time....but that didn't make Indian Kashmir peaceful?
that indicates kashmiris themselves are fighting against India...
while Pakistani Kashmir is as peaceful as Switzerland....because they want to be with us..

There is no random angry mullah attack - Islamist enemy plan their attack, they train - indeed some were trained by you know who

your mind is stuck in afghan soviet war era...
back then mujahideen were trained in Pakistan...not anymore....

TTP restricted to the North and West in their operations, Jundullah were in Baluchistan - both form a nexus and trek in mountains of Kashmir to kill foreign tourists? baath kuch hazam nahi hui.

As I said their insurgency was crushed in Iran. The remnants may have found refuge with the TTP. They are sectarian terrorists and Northern areas have a significant Shia pop.

Chief Secretary and IG GB, suspended after Nanga Parbat attack: Nisar
Sunday, 23 June 2013 14:26

ISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan said Inspector General Police and Chief Secretary Gilgit-Baltistan have been suspended after Nanga Parbat incident, in which gunmen killed 10 people including nine foreign tourists.

Speaking in the National Assembly, he strongly criticized the apathy on part of security institutions in thwarting such acts of terrorism. He, however, said that there was no question of point scoring.

He said that the Chief Secretary and IG Gilgit-Baltistan have been suspended and an inquiry would be carried out against them. He told the house that gunmen entered the base camp in security forces' uniform and gunned down three Chinese, five Ukrainian and a Russian tourist by forcing them out of their huts.

Nisar said that a Chinese tourist was recovered from the base camp. "I talked to Chinese ambassador who asked whether Chinese tourists were militants' target. I told him Pakistan was the target of the attack," Nisar said. He said that the attack was aimed at giving the message to the world that Pakistan was an insecure country.

He said in view of the militants strategy to launch attacks at sensitive places by using security forces uniform, it has been decided that no army personnel would enter the Red Zone in Islamabad without being searched. He said that nobody would be able to stop only six terrorists if they enter the parliament in uniform.

He said the incident took place at the base camp of Nanga Parbat which is away from Ferry Meadows. He said as per the initial reports, the terrorists' were disguised in Gilgit Scouts' uniforms. He said the terrorists hired the services of two local guides, one of them has been martyred and other is in the custody and being interrogated.

The Interior Minister said it were the military security agencies who responded to this incident quickly and now they are also cooperating the civil security agencies.

The Interior Minister proposed the House to convene a separate National Assembly session on security matters and discuss the pros and cons in detail, so as to formulate a comprehensive security policy to confront the challenges.

Leader of the Opposition Syed Khurshid Ahmad Shah condemned the killing of twelve persons in Gilgit-Baltistan and said terrorists want to single out Pakistan. He said opposition will never exploit such incidents and we all will collectively overcome the menace of terrorism.

Shah Mahmood Qureshi also condemned the attack and said that we cannot imagine that such places like Ziarat and GB will be targeted. He said that we need to change our political mindset to eliminate the scourge of terrorism.

The PTI leader said this incident can affect our relations with China and Russia. He said the transition phase in Afghanistan in terms of NATO withdrawal and Presidential elections has started affecting Pakistan. He said in this realm Pakistan needs to focus on the national security policy and change its paradigm. He assured his party's full support to government in this regard.

Mahmood Khan Achakzai proposed the House to write letters expressing sympathies with bereaved families of foreigners.

To be honest with you, no one knows what to say, senseless, cruel but it is Pakistan today - just please know that we are ashamed

I really don't know why the terrorists want to attack mountainers?They are one of the world most respectable and peaceful people with pure hearts who only have mountains in their eyes. Why?Why?

I really don't know why the terrorists want to attack mountainers?They one of the world most respectable and peaceful people with pure hearts who only have mountains in there eyes. Why?Why?

See the article I just posted --

As I said their insurgency was crushed in Iran. The remnants may have found refuge with the TTP. They are sectarian terrorists and Northern areas have a significant Shia pop.

I got that, what's surprising is the area of attack, is this a new trend we are about to witness in the months to come?

Back
Top Bottom