What's new

Truck artists from Pakistan in Kolkata, this year Durga Puja

decoration cost they pay more then original cost of truck . as we say 2000 ka bycle or 2300 ki sajawat :lol:

Bro then only big transporters will be able to afford it here, but how came in Pakistan each n every truck is beautified

[Bregs];4691731 said:
Bro then only big transporters will be able to afford it here, but how came in Pakistan each n every truck is beautified

its culture of truck owners and drivers bro . they do it and plan it before they even buy a truck .

Aaah i grew up watching these trucks honking all over the highways of Karachi-Pakistan.

IMG_0978%20Pakistani%20truck%20front%20bumper,%20grille%20%28+%29.jpg

256_p_folk_museum_pakistani_truck.JPG

bus2.jpg

decotora2.jpg

Truck.jpg

Pakistani_Truck.jpg

FINE DETAIL WORK.....MUST BE BIG TIME TAKING.....HOW MUCH TIME ,IT TAKES TO FINISH TRUCK

Beautiful art what a pleasing n soothing sight to eyes to watch these truck trucks on different environment of highways, hell lot of hard n minute work n money spent too :yahoo:

Aaah i grew up watching these trucks honking all over the highways of Karachi-Pakistan.

IMG_0978%20Pakistani%20truck%20front%20bumper,%20grille%20%28+%29.jpg

256_p_folk_museum_pakistani_truck.JPG

bus2.jpg

decotora2.jpg

Truck.jpg

Pakistani_Truck.jpg

its culture of truck owners and drivers bro . they do it and plan it before they even buy a truck .

Amazing passion this even truck looks like roaming brides on highways

New Zealand photographer and filmmaker Peter Grant on Pakistani Truck Art.

You can visit his website too its by the name of Truck Project am just pasting few pics from here you can see amazing art going to New Zealand

Peter Grant | Truck Art Project

cbp_5860.jpg

img_1243.jpg

Are the truck drivers mad???:cuckoo:

Waste of money( though I appreciate the art, it is not financially viable).

No offence but I fail to see the art in "Truck art". And no am not saying this cause me as a Indian will obviously hate everything Pakistani.

Probably a part of Mamta's appeasement policies, as if photos of her as a "pious Muslim" plastered all over Kolkata wasn't enough.

Everything is hand made and is a a very difficult task.

4554d7.jpg

I am more concerned about attacks from Hindu Extremists.

Truckers have an almost love-affair obsession with their trucks, after all they provide for their livelihood and spend all their lives in them and take great pride in a decorated truck.

Then there are these comments written on the trucks sort of like how we put signatures on our posts. Something unique to the trucker's personality. It's a whole thing, you shouldn't dismiss it.

Not getting into the aesthetics of the whole thing, because beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and cross cultural differences are bound to be there. But just looking at it mechanically as a gearhead, wtf is that forward sloping thing jutting out in front above the cabin? Goes against all the accepted automotive wisdom of aerodynamics. Something that would add hugely to drag and hike up fuel costs. The whole world puts wind spoilers over truck cabins sloping backwards away from the wind. Why would Pakistani truckers make it slope forwards into the wind. It would in effect act like a huge wind sail.

The trucks seems to have a lot of blind spots and as the poster before me mentioned, it will hike up the fuel costs due to lop sided areodynamics. There is a trend in my area to decorate auto-rickshaws. I know a guy who put a 15,000 rupees audio system in his auto-rickshaw...but inside the city limits too much 'art' can invite traffic fines.

Not getting into the aesthetics of the whole thing, because beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and cross cultural differences are bound to be there. But just looking at it mechanically as a gearhead, wtf is that forward sloping thing jutting out in front above the cabin? Goes against all the accepted automotive wisdom of aerodynamics. Something that would add hugely to drag and hike up fuel costs. The whole world puts wind spoilers over truck cabins sloping backwards away from the wind. Why would Pakistani truckers make it slope forwards into the wind. It would in effect act like a huge wind sail.
these bedford trucks are driven in hills. they may be travelling at max 40-50kmph. my guess!

found this:
http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/wheels-fan-clubs/109085-bedford-trucks

They look like Indian Sufi place of worship more than a mode of transport. What about air resistance, dynamics? Such a design will give lesser mileage, plus auto mobile companies spend million $s in testing pedestrian safety. How authorities in Pakistan even allow such vehicles to ply on road? Neons/LEDs are distraction for other drivers on road. Most importantly its so easy to smuggle banned goods beneath these fancy decorations.

I appreciate the art, and love the treatment.

Back
Top Bottom