What's new

Truck artists from Pakistan in Kolkata, this year Durga Puja

1- Bijon Setu massacre (1982)
2- Hindu Muslim Riots (1964)

Recently a nude picture in an English daily lead to communal violence. Things don't happen in Kolkata, yeah right.

Ohh man....u r digging net and found 2 crap piece.......... if I start digging the net I'll find 102 such things about your place. If you have nothing to contribute about the article ...... spare this thread!!

Ohh man....u r digging net and found 2.......... if I start digging the net I'll find 102 such things about your place. If you have nothing to contribute about the article ...... spare this thread!!

I didn't have to dig anything I only Googled Kolkata communal violence and pasted the results. You are the one making absolute statements, not me :coffee:

(Plus you started it with the quip on direct action day)

I didn't have to dig anything I only Googled Kolkata communal violence and pasted the results. You are the one making absolute statements, not me :coffee:

(Plus you started it with the quip on direct action day)

In a better thread, you made a pathetic statement on post#3 There are numerous hate threads running live. Plz comment there. If you can't comment better than that, spare this thread!!

In a better thread, you made a pathetic statement on post#3 There are numerous hate threads running live. Plz comment there. If you can't comment better than that, spare this thread!!

why shouldn't I? its not ad hominem when a similar act of hooliganism has happened mere days ago and widely reported in media.

why shouldn't I? its not ad hominem when a similar act of hooliganism has happened mere days ago and widely reported in media.

Did that happen here ?.... you are proving your point pulling out incidents which occurred 30-40 years back.
Do you know here the parties such as VHP, RSS, Bajrang Dal, Shiv Sena like extreme parties are not present.

Kuch bhi comment, just for the sake of abusing a country. Ok which city are you from? Let me google it. I am sure there was never ever any kind of violence in your city, will just check once.

see the beauty :P

TheBus.jpg

Truck4-640x401.jpg

truck_art_pakistan_21.jpg

driver dekhta kaise ho ga bahir

Truck3-640x512.jpg

Its art and poetry as well :D

Dil barahey frakohat (heart is for sale)
qeemat sirf ek muskurahat(price is just one smile)

5177785542_cec81e5fc2_z.jpg

na milha ha na milhey ga muje araam kahein
mein musafir hoon meri suba kahein shaam kahein

trucks-42.png

manzal ki talash mein kyoon phir rha ha rahee
itna azeem ho ja k mazil tuje khud pukarey

3677967-c94a827648b281fe2f5378ae261b15bf.jpg

muje apne mulak pakistan se pyaar ha

love-Pakistan-truck-art.jpg

@Raja.Pakistani ...... I am sure dude....... this truck art will draw a lot of people this year! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaah i grew up watching these trucks honking all over the highways of Karachi-Pakistan.

IMG_0978%20Pakistani%20truck%20front%20bumper,%20grille%20%28+%29.jpg

256_p_folk_museum_pakistani_truck.JPG

bus2.jpg

decotora2.jpg

Truck.jpg

Pakistani_Truck.jpg

ohh man you made me emotional when i saw these pics.As a person from Peshawar we used to see these trucks all over the place trying to get to GT road because there was no motorway at time.Those ten different kind of horns are still buzzing my ears.You really get to know the importance of this art when you are away.I watched a video there was a Polish guy who bought and decorated the truck in Pindi and took it to Poland by road.

No offence but I fail to see the art in "Truck art". And no am not saying this cause me as a Indian will obviously hate everything Pakistani.

Probably a part of Mamta's appeasement policies, as if photos of her as a "pious Muslim" plastered all over Kolkata wasn't enough.

No wonder you are fan of Zaid.

Truck Art Project
Documenting Pakistan's Decorated Vehicles

Pakistan Truck-Art Tour of NZ
Artie will be stationed outside the Depot Artspace until the exhibition ends on Thursday the 20th.

Truck Art Tour of New Zealand May / June 2013

The Event: Pataka Art + Museum, Porirua, Wellington. 9 – 23 May, 2013 & Depot Gallery, Devonport, Auckland 1 – 20 June, 2013
Painting Pakistan Proud – Truck Art comes to New Zealand.

Peter Grant’s photography showcases truck art and its riotous colour, with Karachi artist, Younus Nawaz, painting and decorating a ‘Kiwi’ vintage ambulance.

- June 20 Pack up Depot exhibition

Members of the public and media will not only be able to see this fantastic mobile work of art but they will also be able to see the genuine truck-artist at work and have a taste of Pakistani culture with a cup of Chai Tea.

An interactive visual and cultural experience, Painting Pakistan Proud has something for everyone. Over the journey of the project, the ambulance will become a unique mobile work of art. The exterior will be painted in the latest art truck techniques; inside the vehicle will be a photo exhibition of Pakistan truck art. At the Pataka gallery, people can watch Younus create the strikingly beautiful mobile art that dominates the roads of Pakistan. The project will then take to the roads of the North Island, to Devonport, Auckland, visiting town centers, galleries and schools on the way.

Truck Art
Truck art tradition goes back many centuries to the decorated camel trains of the Silk Road. After Pakistan split from India in 1947, Karachi was the only port in the region. Trucks were sent from here on long-distance journeys to northern Pakistan and Afghanistan, and the largely illiterate drivers, being lonely, started to paint their vehicles with images depicting their ambitions, dreams, beliefs, politics and popular culture. Truck companies developed the ‘Silk Road style’ by embellishing their vehicles in ever more flamboyant ways to attract customers. The custom has since spread to all modes of transport in Pakistan – from rickshaws to buses, carts, bicycles and boats.

First materials were metal features, wooden carvings and paint; over the years artists have added reflective plastic stickers, flags and LED lights. A new, undecorated Bedford truck costs about $10,000. (all estimates & rates are in NZ dollars) A complete decoration job, which can take up to three months, can cost a further $16,000. Artists are paid between $6 and $12 a day.

Pakistani drivers take great pride in their intricately patterned trucks and buses. And these vehicles – and the lives of their owners and artists – contrast starkly with media images of sectarian violence in this politically unstable country.

Tribal and truck art business woman Anjum Rana will help the artist and run the workshops in New Zealand. Awarded the UNESCO award in 2008 for her work with truck art, Anjum has done more than anyone else to promote truck-art at home and beyond Pakistan. You can see her shop website ...::::Tribal Truck Art:::...... Anjum Rana has organized a number of vehicles painted truck-art style round the world; among them were a cab for the Luton Musem in London which was displayed at the Olympics, a VW for Amman children’s museum a Landcruiser for King Hussien, a rickshaw for the transport museum in Delhi and a school bus for the Rafiq Hariri foundation in Beirut.

Pakistan Truck-Art Tour of NZ | Truck Art Project

[Bregs];4691072 said:
Pakistan truck are one of the most decorated n beautified in transport industry all over the world, they are decorated like brides

decoration cost they pay more then original cost of truck . as we say 2000 ka bycle or 2300 ki sajawat :lol:

Back
Top Bottom