What's new

Three killed as Syrian shell strikes Turkish town

Your logic is: "My terrorists are better than yours."

Before making any decision, we must be sure who was behind this bombing.

I am sure that a person would be compassionate with whom raped his wife, daughters, and sisters, slaughtered their families, cut off food, medicine and water from them, cruelly tortured them. Jut put yourself in their shoes.

Your logic is: "My terrorists are better than yours."

Before making any decision, we must be sure who was behind this bombing.

Correction, not my logic..I am just stating the fact that at some degree the best way to deal with cruelty is to make them taste the same medicine

Correction, not my logic..I am just stating the fact that at some degree the best way to deal with cruelty is to make them taste the same medicine

Are you including the innocent civillians to that "them" of yours? Because they are suffering too...

Are you including the innocent civillians to that "them" of yours? Because they are suffering too...

In almost every military conflict, unfortunately civilians suffer..But on this issue, you should decide who to blame..Which side is responsible for civilian sufferings? FSA or the regime?

In almost every military conflict, unfortunately civilians suffer..But on this issue, you should decide who to blame..Which side is responsible for civilian sufferings? FSA or the regime?

If you use sucide bombing as one of your tactic, of course civillians will suffer. And you can not justify that with "in every conflict..." BS.

Sorry.

Neither of them are trustworthy.

If you use sucide bombing as one of your tactic, of course civillians will suffer. And you can not justify that with "in every conflict..." BS.

Sorry.

Neither of them are trustworthy.

it may be BS to you, but its my opinion..

On the topic,
Do FSA have artillery to shell Turkish soil? A month ago i remember i read a news about France providing artillery to FSA

On the topic,
Do FSA have artillery to shell Turkish soil? A month ago i remember i read a news about France providing artillery to FSA
Thats totally BS, if they had no air plane would fly from the different airport located in north syria (idlib, aleppo region), it's a typically treacherous way the minority alawi regime is known to behave

With all due respect, stop your sectarianist approach to this issue..Its disgusting

Why don't we arm Turkmen mob? Can't we establish a puppet Turkmen state in Syria just like Republic of Hatay?

With all due respect, stop your sectarianist approach to this issue..Its disgusting
In turley u have a secular system so what u are saying might be appropriate, here in syria every thing is taken alawi, all the military, inteliggence, economic are all taken by alawi. They are like an occupation forces. When u have 80% of the military are alawi, despite beeing less than 10%, there is a problem and big one

Turkey says struck targets in Syria

Turkey's military struck targets inside Syria on Wednesday in response to a mortar bomb fired from Syrian territory which killed five Turkish civilians, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan's office said in a statement.

A mortar bomb fired from Syria landed in a residential district of the southeastern Turkish town of Akçakale on Wednesday, killing a woman and four children from the same family and wounding at least 13 other people.

A cloud of dust and smoke rose up over low-rise buildings as residents ran to help the wounded. Others, infuriated by the increasing spillover of violence from Syria's civil war, took to the streets shouting protests against the local authorities.

Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu phoned UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon to brief him about the incident and also spoke with senior military officials and Syria crisis mediator Lakhdar Brahimi, his ministry said in a statement.

Davutoğlu signaled over the weekend that Turkey would take action if there was a repeat of a mortar strike which damaged homes and workplaces in Akçakale last Friday.

"It (latest mortar round) hit right in the middle of the neighbourhood. The wife and four children from the same family died," Ahmet Emin Meşhurgül, local head of the Turkish Red Crescent, told Reuters, adding he knew the victims personally.

"People here are anxious, because we got hit before. Security forces tried to convince people to empty the neighbourhood near the border, but now we've been hit right in the middle of the town," he said.

A Reuters witness saw three police officers among the wounded being taken to hospital.

Erdoğan long cultivated good relations with Assad but became a harsh critic after Syria's popular revolt began last year, accusing him of creating a "terrorist state". Erdoğan has allowed Syrian opposition fighters to organize on Turkish soil and pushed for a foreign-protected safe zone inside Syria.

Gunfire straying over border

Syria's worsening bloodshed has increasingly affected border zones, with stray bullets flying into Turkish territory.

"Over the last 20 to 25 days there have been very heavy clashes on the Syrian side. We have felt the effects of these in Akçakale," Labor Minister Faruk Çelik, an MP for the province where Akçakale is located, told parliament.

In April, Turkey reported an incident to the United Nations in which at least five people, including two Turkish officials, were wounded when cross-border gunfire struck a Syrian refugee camp in Kilis, further west along the frontier.

Turkey beefed up its troop presence and air defences along its 900-km (560-mile) border after Syria shot down a Turkish reconnaissance jet in June. But residents in Akcakale said there was still not enough security.

"People here are rising up, there is no security. People were chanting for the local governors to resign," local resident İbrahim Halil Arslan told CNN Turk television.

"Everybody here is so anxious. We keep our children locked at home, and we are trying to live under this psychological pressure," he said.

Washington sees Turkey as the pivotal player in backing Syria's opposition and planning for the post-Assad era. But Ankara has found itself increasingly isolated and frustrated by a lack of international consensus on how to end the conflict.

Turkey is also sheltering more than 90,000 refugees from Syria and fears a mass influx similar to the flight of half a million Iraqi Kurds into Turkey after the 1991 Gulf War.

Turkey says struck targets in Syria

As you can see, i've stated a reason why i called it BS. If you have nothing to say against it other than "it is my opinion", it will remain as BS to me and to majority of Turkey as well.

We shall bring PEACE! through 155mm artillery shells :) :devil:

I've seen TCG Yıldırım(F243) and TCG Salihreis(F246) today it was sooo exciting :D

We shall bring PEACE! through 155mm artillery shells :) :devil:

I've seen TCG Yıldırım(F243) and TCG Salihreis(F246) today it was sooo exciting :D

Turkey should do real military situation test of all the new product of their defence industry

As you can see, i've stated a reason why i called it BS. If you have nothing to say against it other than "it is my opinion", it will remain as BS to me and to majority of Turkey as well.

Your reason is not valid for anything..Civilian sufferings in Syria is the utmost result of Syrian regime`s acts..Cause and effect that is..And using such poetric words as "it will remain as BS to me and to majority of Turkey as well" wont change the fact

Back
Top Bottom