What's new

The greatest Indian woman in history.

WTH is Mayawati's pic doing here ?

We should be glad she's not in power anymore. Waiting for the same thing to happen to that mad woman Mamta :)

For me its a no contest.

Indira Gandhi.

indira-gandhi-ji.jpg

Only and only Indira Gandhi.

Only and only Indira Gandhi.
Yeah if it weren't for her part in the "emergency" fiasco she probably could've been the best IND PM ever, though it depends on one's opinion I'd say Shastri/Vajpayee are my alltime favs in that category.

Yeah if it weren't for her part in the "emergency" fiasco she probably could've been the best IND PM ever, though it depends on one's opinion I'd say Shastri/Vajpayee are my alltime favs in that category.

Its about greatest Indian Women in History. And Indira Gandhi suits the most.

As they say, There is a woman behind every successful man.

So, all women who have helped create the greats in India are equally great for me.

How can someone forget Chhatrapati Shivaji's mother? No one can argue that Jijamata had the greatest role in making Shivaji the man her was. This is just a small example and you can find tons of such examples.

I would consider Jijamata over ANY of these women. She made the Shivaji we know and everyone knows how that changed India. :)

220px-Shivaji_jijamata.JPG

P.S. We cannot rule out their contributions just because they were behind the scenes.

For me it has to be Rani Durgavati she fought the mughals with the smallest of the army and threw them back more than 3 times

The greatest women in Indian history according to me are Ramabai Ranade, Savitribai phule due to their work related to women education

the third is Indira Gandhi and fourth is Rajmata Jijabai Bhosle

The greatest women in Indian history according to me are Ramabai Ranade, Savitribai phule due to their work related to women education

the third is Indira Gandhi and fourth is Rajmata Jijabai Bhosle
I think if you take the modern day post independence era IG fits the bill however if you're going into history books then Lakshmibai & lots of other women can have this honor.

I salute you.
.....you r an idiot...

@topic: She's not only the greatest woman in India. But the world.......we will not forget your sacrifices for the betterment of the less fortunate. Such courage is rare.

A true saint.

Back
Top Bottom