What's new

The greatest Indian woman in history.

@omar just care to look at other ladies who r considered to be greatest. dont malign ur country's image just by adding foolish comments here.:no:

sonia-gandhi.jpg

Another foreigner ruling india. Go ahead inferior indians kiss her white feet. you know you want to :rofl:

Belawadi Mallamma

220px-Belawadi_Mallamma.JPG

She Fought Both Marathas & the British ... I consider her as Great as she Fought against the Greatest Ever Hindu King Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj... & Defeted his Army ...

She was from Bailhongal, Belgaum District, North Karnataka, Karnataka, India. Belvadi Mallamma was the first woman who formed a women's army to fight against the British and the Marathas in 17th century.

She Fought against the Maratha commander Dadaji Raghunath Nedkar while defending her husband's kingdom...

Well the Story Goes like this

In the battle Shivaji Maharaj's soldier cut the leg of horse on which she was riding and she fell. When she rose and began fighting Shivaji's troops rushed and arrested her.

They took her to Shivaji. He praised her and said "I made a mistake Mother Kindly forgive me, I don't want your kingdom", then released her. :cry: & returned her Kingdom

Look How Humble was the Great Hindu King ...

Rani Durgavati

Rani%20Durgavati.JPG

Durgavati was the daughter of the Rajput Chief of Mahoba. She was intelligent and her skills at archery and riding were legendary. She excelled at sports and often joined her father in hunting trips. On one such a trip Durgavati witnessed one of the heroic aspects of Dalpat Shah, the son of Sangram Shah who was the ruler of Garha. Durgavati wished to marry Dalpat Shah but her father was not prepared to marry his daughter, a princess of the famous dynasty of Chandelas to Dalpat Shah a man of low birth and belonging to the tribe of Gonds. But eventually, he agreed for the alliance as he recognized the valour and heroism of Dalpat and Sangram Shah.

Soon after the wedding, Dalpat Shah was made the king and Durgavati became the queen of Garha. They led a happy life together and a son was borne to them who was named Bir Narayan.

But unfortunately Dalpat Shah died due to illness when Bir Narayan was jut three years old. Putting aside her grief, Durgavati began to rule the kingdom as regent for Bir Narayan. She proved to be an able ruler and a fair administrator. She soon won the respect and support of her subjects. At this time Baz Bahadur, an Afghan leader launched an attack on Garha. Durgavati met the challenge boldly and instilled confidence in her soldiers. She led her troops bravely into the battlefield and emerged victorious. Baz Bahadur returned to make several unsuccessful attacks on Garha all of which were bravely foiled by Rani Durgavati. In spite of these victories, the wars had drained all the wealth out of Garha and left an empty treasury. To regain all the lost wealth, Durgadevi ordered raids to be conducted on petty chiefs of the land. Soon the empty treasury of Garha was overflowing with wealth. The growing prosperity of Garha attracted the attention of the Mughal emperor Akbar and he decided to annex it. He sent Asaf Khan, the Mughal governer general of the eastern provinces with a large army and ordered him to invade Garha. On knowing this Rani Durgavati rallied her armies, mounted her elephant and bravely led her men out to meet Asaf Khans’s vast armies. Rani Durgavati fought the imposing Mughal troops with utmost courage and confidence. Asaf Khan’s army was no match for her and was completely routed. However, it was replaced by fresh troops to launch a more powerful attack. The Rani’s army was exhausted and less enthusiastic as compared to the Mughal forces. Luck further deserted her as the skies darkened and rain began to pour down from the skies. She still fought valiantly and inspired her men with bravery. Bir Narayan was wounded and she sent him away to safety and continued the fight. Some time later she was badly wounded and decided to retreat and continue the fight from her fortress. Unfortunately this plan of hers was foiled. To reach the fortress she had to cross a river that had been dry when she first crossed over it but was now full of water from the rain. It was impossible for her to cross that overflowing river in such a short time. Realizing that the enemy was fast closing upon her, she made a decision. She spoke out to the skies saying that she was going to make her sacrifice, that she wished to die in honour rather than to live in disgrace. Saying so, she pulled her dagger out and stabbed herself. She ended her life like a brave Rajput queen and hence lives on as a legend in the list of the bravest warriors of India. :cry:

Indira_Gandhi.jpg

Works:-

1.Started a comprehensive WILDLIFE CONSERVATION programme.

2.Ended insurgency in Punjab and liberated Bangladesh.

3.Gave India weapons of mass destruction in total secrecy.

4.Started Green Revolution

5.Several key infrastructure and defense projects undertaken.

5.Nationalized Banks for greater security of assets.

Not to me. Not after what she did with the Golden temple.

Ok. But no one is perfect.

I would say that no other single woman had more impact on the lives of more Indians for as many years as this one woman did.

And I count our entire 5000 year history in that.

Ok. But no one is perfect.

That's a very generic statement to hide her hubris at handling a conflict at the holiest shrine of one of India's most revered minority communities.

As far as having an impact on the lives of the common Indian is concerned, I don't see any.

Her slogan of 'Garibi Hatao' was just that.

I'd rather prefer Sarojini Naidu or Rani Laxmibai over Indira Gandhi any day.

@Nairsaab, just ignore him sir. He is a pure entertainer, he is has proved it in other threads too.

sonia-gandhi.jpg

Another foreigner ruling india. Go ahead inferior indians kiss her white feet. you know you want to :rofl:

First of all , We don't care if a foreigner rules India if he or she happens to be less corrupt than Indians. Secondly , you don't understand the concept of citizenship do you? She is an Indian citizen even though she was born outside. Talking of inferior , you are the one with inferior brains if you can't understand this simple concept. How hypocritical can you be , if a Pakistani is ever made the governor of a state in the US , you Pakistanis would be jumping with joy , but you are so against a foreign born citizen ruling another country. People like you have small minds , it will be great if Pakistani is rid of people like you.

Indira_Gandhi.jpg

Works:-

1.Started a comprehensive WILDLIFE CONSERVATION programme.

2.Ended insurgency in Punjab and liberated Bangladesh.

3.Gave India weapons of mass destruction in total secrecy.

4.Started Green Revolution

5.Several key infrastructure and defense projects undertaken.

5.Nationalized Banks for greater security of assets.

She Didnt Ended it But Started it... & Add an another one to the List ... she Declared emergency in India making the Worlds biggest Democracy into a Dictatorship...

I can also understand her Passion for reducing Indian population so much that she along with her Stub Born Son Sanjay Forcefully Sterilized thousands of Indian Youth Making them impotent for life...

Back
Top Bottom