What's new

The curious case of Indian Punjabis

Save all the troubles of arguing, the point is UK just divided and weakened one of the strongest and elite group of our subcontinent.

Just as someone mention earlier, Punjab was the last state that still resist British empire, and guard the last hope and respect of subcon.

It was almost certain the British partition back in 1947 were carefully conspired and revenged against Punjabis, and set out the route for their next invasion.

The west are evils.

monkeys and humans have 99% common DNA. But the 1% makes a huge difference. Similarly the "DNA" of te muslim mind and Hindus mind is so different that you and them are not the same. That's the premise of Pakistan's founding. Another way to look exactly what you say is . Its ironic that your countrymen with who have nothing in common stand behind you, fight for you, are happy at what makes you happy and angry or sad about the same things and who have thrown in their lot and vested their interest in yours and are geographically so far apart can form a nation , but those who are just like you and live a stones throw away hate you and lose no opportunity at causing harm to our country just because you are of a different religion should be given preference by you and not see them as enemy

how can u say that sir when we have more muslims in india than pakistan . u r saying its in our DNA to discriminate against them

Save all the troubles of arguing, the point is UK just divided and weakened one of the strongest and elite group of our subcontinent.

Just as someone mention earlier, Punjab was the last state that still resist British empire, and guard the last hope and respect of subcon.

Yes Pakistani Punjab should join India, Punjab will be back as one entity then:)

Almost without fail every single Indian equates Pakistan with Islamic fundamentalism, it's so sad they are so insecure and angry.

They also go mental when one of their own talks about a contentious issue, completely gang up on him, this is Indian freedom of speech in action, agree or shut up!!!

i am just stating it as a fact nothing else. The guy who is suppossed to be the commander of 3 forces, the president.... Abdul kalam

Billoinaire/Really rich---- lets start with azim premji
that stupid fellow said something about 1 or 2 % Sikhs. India has 2% Sikhs and yet one of them is our pm.
Pakistan not allowing non Muslims as pm is plain discrimination. Go look at your passport , look at what you need to sign and how you insult bandaid in that govt document. You can't even mention India and Pakistan in the same breath when it comes to treating minorities well.

monkeys and humans have 99% common DNA. But the 1% makes a huge difference. Similarly the "DNA" of te muslim mind and Hindus mind is so different that you and them are not the same. That's the premise of Pakistan's founding. Another way to look exactly what you say is . Its ironic that your countrymen with who have nothing in common stand behind you, fight for you, are happy at what makes you happy and angry or sad about the same things and who have thrown in their lot and vested their interest in yours and are geographically so far apart can form a nation , but those who are just like you and live a stones throw away hate you and lose no opportunity at causing harm to our country just because you are of a different religion should be given preference by you and not see them as enemy

do u really think lalu prasad yadav, modi, mamata banerjee etc take decisions keeping punjabis interests at their heart... they do not i do not expect them to

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

So, what do you intend to do?

What would u do sir????

how can u say that sir when we have more muslims in india than pakistan . u r saying its in our DNA to discriminate against them
no you can see that in India Hindus are a majority but we never discriminate Muslims. There they are in majority and non Muslims are severely discriminated against and even Muslims lime ahmadis are insulted. My DNA comment was just to say that we are different and nothing about discrimination itself

How was Aurangzeb a bigot?
He actually included more Hindus into his government then Akbar. He was also the first ruler in a almost a 1000 years to unite all of India.
I feel the only reason Hindus like Akbar was because for all intents an purposes he had given up Islam. Which just shows Hindu bias against Islam.

Auranjeb reinstated the Jizya . Regardless of how legitimate Muslims considered it , it was still a burden of oppression for the Hindus and historically Auranzeb was well aware of the fact. Guru Tegh Bahadur was executed and his sons slain ( eldest sons died in battle while the younger two were bricked alive in a wall --for refusing to change their faith ), The Jatts revolted under Auranjeb's policies , So did the Marathas ( Shahaji Bhosle was an administrator at the Sultan of Bijapur's court , it took Shivaji -his son an open revolt after Aurangzeb lured him to court, humiliated him because of his faith and placed him under house arrest .
Revolt against all Muslim rulers was because of the difference of faith between the elite ruling class of medieval times and the common folk , the vast majority of whom were Hindus.

That is historically documented. One or two contradictory accounts or even instances cannot cloak the atrocities done in the name of religion.

And it is here that you are categorically wrong! No group has greater prominence. Everyone is equal under the law, a minority can go just as far as a Muslim. The only limitation is that a non Muslim cannot be the prime minister, but they can be in parliament.
I think this is fair considering that in America even if you are a citizen, but you were born outside the USA you cannot become president.

Why do we then see hardly any prominent person in Pakistan who is of a different faith. The % of minorities is no excuse , it simply shows that the conditions prevalent in Pakistani society have not been conducive for their growth in population and affluence for the last 60 years .

Is it really? what percent of the population are Sikhs? 1%? 5%?
this is rather ridiculous to say that you expect a tiny percent of the population to hold high office

Not even one Police Chief ? Not even one scientist ? In India even a Parsi , is spotted in high positions. Do you know the % of Parsis in India ? Must be less than 0.001% .

At least the Sikh Diaspora worldwide is living testament to how industrious and hardworking the sikh community is , so its like I said --very much an anomaly.

Lets compare to India, with its 15% Muslim population
how many Muslim PMs do you have? how many Muslim generals, how many Muslims billionaires?

We have at least 3-4 Muslim presidents , several Muslim vice presidents , billionares ( Aziz Premji ) several other personalities --very much prominent but that's no comparison given that Indian Muslim population is about 150-160 millions.

You can compare the Sikh population in India . Its 1.9% of the total population. Now compare the prominence of Sikhs here --in the Army , civil services , Industry , Polity etc etc

This is the 3rd time I am saying this but its still true
the points you are bringing up have more to do with anti Islam and anti Pakistan bias in your secular India, than any reality on the ground.

Its the truth which may seem like Anti-Pakistan bias but that does not make it any less true. Not anti-Islam bias for sure but anti-fundamentalism bias.

While I salute you for being so inclusive I will have to say that India is facing extreme problems with home grown fundamentalist and extremists. So to me it is really strange to get a lecture form some who doesn't have his own house in order.

It's like being told I live in a dirty room by someone who also lives in a very dirty room.

You are free to talk about India's problems but considering the state of our country , the peace , development and acceptance ..I would say we are indeed ahead.

Besides , If I were an American or any other nationality would you lend me your ears more willingly ? Try to see my points beyond nationality .
Regards,

that stupid fellow said something about 1 or 2 % Sikhs. India has 2% Sikhs and yet one of them is our pm.
Pakistan not allowing non Muslims as pm is plain discrimination. Go look at your passport , look at what you need to sign and how you insult bandaid in that govt document. You can't even mention India and Pakistan in the same breath when it comes to treating minorities well.

Wow I can feel how wonderful Indians are, I mean calling me stupid for no reason. What a great example of tolerance.

We were having a civil discussion, If you can't join in without acting like a monkey then please refrain from commenting.

do u really think lalu prasad yadav, modi, mamata banerjee etc take decisions keeping punjabis interests at their heart... they do not i do not expect them to

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

What would u do sir????
p
lalu mamata etc have job to do. That is take care of their state. But when there is a war you will find Indians of all states fight as k e ans support each other. Enough of your nonsense now.

Wow I can feel how wonderful Indians are, I mean calling me stupid for no reason. What a great example of tolerance.

We were having a civil discussion, If you can't join in without acting like a monkey then please refrain from commenting.

Its still civil :)

p
lalu mamata etc have job to do. That is take care of their state. But when there is a war you will find Indians of all states fight as k e ans support each other. Enough of your nonsense now.

yeah like the war on sikhs in 1984 and on muslims in godhra. they do support each other otherwise how come there is no justice?????

Almost without fail every single Indian equates Pakistan with Islamic fundamentalism, it's so sad they are so insecure and angry.

They also go mental when one of their own talks about a contentious issue, completely gang up on him, this is Indian freedom of speech in action, agree or shut up!!!
agree or shut up is better than agree or be killed as Salman taseer found out. So we are not too far off to equate Pakistan with muslim fundamentalism

yeah like the war on sikhs in 1984 and on muslims in godhra. they do support each other otherwise how come there is no justice?????
what war on sikhs.. Can you show me any articles on that.
and in godhra s Muslims bunt alive Hindu saints

Back
Top Bottom