What's new

The Arab civilisation then and now

The author of the article is claiming every thing which include Indian inventions.

Just a correction, Abbasid power started shatter with the rebel behaviour of their Turkic soldiers and establishment of Muslim Persian dynasties, then their political and military power heavily lost with the arrive of Seljuks, they were vassals of them, so the Mongols were the final blow to a mere shadow of old Abbasids.

chill bro the islamic civilisation isz our history too and we should be proud of it whether the first centres were arabic..

There are 3 kinds of people on the planet:
Some of them are Arabs,some 'think' that they are Arabs and the rest don't know that they are actually Arabs.:lol:

just kiddin'

On topic:Article was to lengthy to read,but I think the author suggests almost every thing and civilization has somehow an Arabic background.Am I right here?

Arabs civilizations were never of any importance and most inventions during the Islamic period were made by Persians or based on Indian or Greek science.

There are no so called Persian invetions. There were no science achievements during Persian era. All of them only and only flourished under Arab rule. I don't think Arab or Indians would adopt Arab or Indian....etc science accomplishments they achieved in the USA.

Arab Scientists:

Abu al-Qasim Khalaf ibn al-Abbas Al-Zahrawi (936–1013), (Arabic: أبو القاسم بن خلف بن العباس الزهراوي‎) also known in the West as Abulcasis, was an Arab physician who lived in Al-Andalus. He is considered the greatest medieval surgeon to have appeared from the Islamic World, and has been described by many as the father of modern surgery.[1] His greatest contribution to medicine is the Kitab al-Tasrif, a thirty-volume encyclopedia of medical practices.[2] His pioneering contributions to the field of surgical procedures and instruments had an enormous impact in the East and West well into the modern period, where some of his discoveries are still applied in medicine to this day.[3]

List of Arab scientists and scholars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arabs civilizations were never of any importance and most inventions during the Islamic period were made by Persians or based on Indian or Greek science.

Ever heard of the Kingdom of Andalusia ? They were Arabs and Berbers who settled there led by an Arab Monarchy - the Ummayyads ! Besides the good thing about those times were that Muslims weren't nearly engaged in this 'You're an Arab', 'I'm a Persian' and 'Hes an Indian' nonsense, as we are now !

There are no so called Persian invetions. There were no science achievements during Persian era. All of them only and only flourished under Arab rule. I don't think Arab or Indians would adopt Arab or Indian....etc science accomplishments they achieved in the USA.

Yes, there were Persian inventions. Even in Pre-Islamic times. You should look at the science in Achaemenid or Sassanid time. Even the Islamic science was a continuation of Sassanid science. For every Arab scientist you name, I can name hundred of Persian scientist. Joseph A. Schumpeter:

Persian-speaking Iranians made great contributions in the formation of Islamic intellectual history. A great portion (and most of the best) of medieval Muslim philosophers, physicians, ethicists, scientists, Islamic jurists, historians, and geographers were Persian-speaking Iranians. [....] A great many medieval islamic contributions to economic analysis, I will argue, were made by Persian-speaking Iranians writers: philosophers, ethicist, scientists, theologians and the writers of ''mirror of princes.''

Don't know about greek, but if not for Arabs India would have still been in the stone age. Arabs
opened up India to the modern world of civilization.

Don't know about greek, but if not for Arabs India would have still been in the stone age. Arabs
opened up India to the modern world of civilization.

So you want to state that the only function of Arabs was to pass on old-Greek, Persian and Indian science to the west? Thats right.

Yes, there were Persian inventions. Even in Pre-Islamic times. You should look at the science in Achaemenid or Sassanid time. Even the Islamic science was a continuation of Sassanid science. For every Arab scientist you name, I can name hundred of Persian scientist. Joseph A. Schumpeter:

I have never heard of a Persian invention during Persian eras. Most scholars and scientists in Arabic rule were Arab and the rest flourished under Arab rule. Moreover, if you want to discuss Arab civilizations before 2000 years, I am ok with it. Just read about Egyptian, Nabatines, Syrians, Babylons...etc. Who are the ANCESTORS of today Arabs in those countries. I am sure you will find volumes of inventions and achievements that would make human kind more proud that they are from this race. :bunny:

I have never heard of a Persian invention during Persian eras. Most scholars and scientists in Arabic rule were Arab and the rest flourished under Arab rule. Moreover, if you want to discuss Arab civilizations before 2000 years, I am ok with it. Just read about Nabatines, Syrians, Babylons...etc. Who are the ANCESTORS of today Arabs in those countries.

No, I just provide you with a quote by one of the most respected historians, and you still keep hanging on this: most scientists were Arabs. No, most of the best Islamic scientists were Persians and spoke Persian.

6000 BC) - The modern brick. Some of the oldest bricks found to date are Persian, from ca. 6000 BC.
(~5000 BC) - Invention of Wine. Discovery made by University of Pennsylvania excavations at Hajji Firuz Tepe in northwestern Iran.
(5000 BC) - Invention of Tar (lute), that led to the development of the guitar.
(3000 BC) - The ziggurat. The Sialk ziggurat, according to the Cultural Heritage Organization of Iran, predates that of Ur or any other of Mesopotamia's 34 ziggurats.
(2000 BC) - Peaches are a fruit of Iranian origin, as indicated by their Latin scientific name, Prunus persica, from which (by way of the French) we have the English word "peach."
Tulips were first cultivated in ancient Persia.
(1700 BC) - The windmill.
(1400 BC) - The game of Backgammon appears in the east of Iran.
(1400 BC to 600 BC) - Zoroastrianism: where the first prophet of a monotheistic faith arose according to some scholars, claiming Zoroastrianism as being "the oldest of the revealed credal religions, which has probably had more influence on mankind directly or indirectly, more than any other faith".
(576 BC to 529 BC) - Under the rule of Cyrus II the Great, the Cyrus Cylinder was issued. This is considered to be the first universal declaration of human rights, predating the Magna Carta by one millennium It was discovered in 1879 in Babylon and today is kept in the British Museum.
(576 BC to 529 BC) - Under the rule of Cyrus II the Great, Cyrus frees the Jews from Babylonian captivity. See Cyrus in the Judeo-Christian tradition.
(521 BC) - The game Polo.
(500 BC) World's oldest Staple (fastener).
(500 BC) The first Taxation system (under the Achaemenid Empire).
(500 BC) The first courier post. Also called the "Royal Road".
(500 BC) - Source for introduction of the domesticated chicken into Europe.
(500 BC) - First cultivation of spinach
An ancient ice house, called a yakhchal, built in ancient times for storing ice during summers.
Spoon crafted in 550BC.
(400 BC) - Yakhchals , ancient refrigerators. (See picture above)
(400 BC) - Ice Cream.[22]
(250 BC) - According to archaeological digs, the Parthians created the world's first batteries. Their original use is still uncertain, though it is suspected that they were used for electroplating.
(250 BC) Original excavation of a Suez Canal.
(271 AD) - The teaching hospital
(700 AD) - The Cookie.
(762 AD) - Designing Baghdad: The original city was based on Persian precedents such as Firouzabad in Persia. The two designers who were hired by the caliph al-Mansur to plan the city were Nowbakht, a former Persian Zoroastrian, and Mashallah, a former Jew from Khorasan.
(864 AD-930 AD) - First systematic use of alcohol in Medicine: Rhazes.
(1000 AD) - Introduction of paper to the west.
(935 - 1020) - Ferdowsi writes the Shahnama (Book of Kings) that resulted in the revival of Iranian culture and the expansion of the Iranian cultural sphere.
(980 - 1037) - Avicenna, a physician, writes The Canon of Medicine one of the foundational manuals in the history of modern medicine.
(1207 AD - 1273 AD) - Rumi writes poetry and in 1997, the translations were best-sellers in the United States.
Algebra and Trigonometry: Numerous Iranians were directly responsible for the establishment of Algebra, the advancement of Medicine and Chemistry, and the discovery of Trigonometry.
Qanat , subterranean aqueducts.
Wind Catchers , ancient air residential conditioning.
"Virtually all European scholars claim Arabic music has Persian origins

The Arab civilizations made a lot of contributions to the world, similar to the Greco-Roman & other civilizations. From the Islamic point of view all of mankind is related to Adam & Eve. However, this does not imply that the whole world arose from Semitic tribes, what it does imply is that all of these different ethnicities share common descent.

The article in the first post of this thread mostly refers to migratory patterns among ancient humans. That is why they get traced back to the Middle East, it does not mean that Indo-European & other tribes arose from Semitic ones.

There were many great pre-Islamic civilizations across the world, just as how there were many great civilizations after the arrival of Islam.

Arabian Artifacts May Rewrite 'Out of Africa' Theory | Modern Humans & Exodus from Africa | Human Origins & Stone Tools | LiveScience

Newfound stone artifacts suggest humankind left Africa traveling through the Arabian Peninsula instead of hugging its coasts, as long thought, researchers say.

Dude civilizations are either successors of older civilizations or parellelly influenced each other, there is no such thing as culture stealing., did they had a civilization ? yes.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom