What's new

The apostates of Pakistan

Prosecution of Ahmadis in India ... Wikipedia

If you are so worried about them then I am sorry to inform you that hands of Indians are not clean either

We don't have something like ordinance XX in India. And you guys know how Abdus Salam was harassed even after winning noble prize. Even someone follow heretic sect, they have all right to live. In Bangladesh only literature and missionary activities of Ahmedi is banned but Pakistan went far ahead.

captain jacksparrow. Instead of uselessly arguing here with us, why dont you educate your self by reading some indepth history of mirza ghulam ahmed and why his sect is considered non muslims. Then come in this thread and argue with us. The OP who written such a long article is a moron of first degree, he did the same thing, instead of reading what mirza ghulam ahmed did that can not b ignored he started preaching that we should let go and accept ahmedis as muslims. So all wo advocate these need to take some history lessons.

I know what you are up to so forget it

a flame war ;)

now the guy has ran off you know this must be the tenth time a thread like this has been opened i am getting tired of telling indians about this........

and to those baba,s you r saying do you mean sufi,s bcz you pray to them like this YA ALLAH APNAY NAIK BANDAY KAY SADQAY MAIRI YEH DUA QABOOL FARMA..... and if you mean islamic scholars in case of black magic cases or any other reading you visit a right scholar who has better understanding of the QURAN and HADITH but only those that you know r right not normal people sitting in the bench and ofcourse people visit the molvi in masjids too for this

somebody call the mod to close the thread this topic has been discussed to death atleast senior members should know about this now but i guess he is senior member for trolling:p:P it will only become flame bait from now on

a flame war ;)

now the guy has ran off ...

Ahem!

I'm not a Muslim and hence I'm not aware of the technicalities of Islam, not to say that Muslims are but , anyways.

However, I'm a human being and I know one thing for sure that it's not for me to pass judgements on another's faith.

Great Article about Nobel Prize winner Dr. Abdus Salam and discrimination he felt in Pakistan because of being an Ahmedi.

Abdus Salam | BottomNews

In 1986, the Director Generalship of UNESCO fell vacant and nominations were solicited. Salam wanted to be considered but Pakistan nominated Lt. General Yaqub Khan, a retired army officer. The Pakistani general received only one vote. A French member, when pressed by her government to vote for the Pakistani candidate, resisted, protested and then resigned, saying “An Army General will run the UNESCO over my dead body”

exclusive%20inside.jpg

One was the son of a head clerk in the education department; the other, daughter of a small contractor, orphaned at 7, both from the Indo-Pak subcontinent won the Nobel Prize in 1979. Abdus Salam and Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu (a.k.a Mother Teresa).

Prof Dr. Abdus Salam, the first and probably the last Pakistani to receive a Nobel Prize, preferred to remain a Pakistani national all his life, whereas a scholar of his stature could have honored any country of the world by adopting its citizenship. He remained the citizen of a state which ensured that he be dishonored posthumously. In November 1996 when the great scientist was buried at Rabwah (renamed Chenab Nagar through a Punjab Assembly resolution passed in 1998)his tombstone read “Abdus Salam the First Muslim Nobel Laureate”. Needless to say, the police arrived with a magistrate and rubbed off the ‘Muslim’ part of the inscription. Now the tombstone says the nonsensical: Abdus Salam the First Nobel Laureate. Unfortunately the State, in this part of the world decides as to who is and who is not a Muslim.

The other recipient, the frail, short statured lady, looking after the leprous of Calcutta, who adopted the Indian nationality in 1948, was a catholic. Mother Teresa received a State burial. The gun carriage that carried Mahatma Gandhi and Pandit Nehru’s bodies’ was used to carry Mother Teresa to a service in Netaji Stadium. Tens of thousands of people lined the streets, for she was an internationally acclaimed Indian citizen and not an infidel.

When in 1952 Dr. Salam came to Government College Lahore as head of the Mathematics department, he was refused an official residence. When in an interview, he requested the Education Minister Sardar Abdul Hameed Dasti, to look into this problem; the Minister categorically told him that if the job did not suit him, he could leave. Later Professor Sirajuddin, the Principal asked him to take charge of the college football team, an assignment he always resented as it was against his temperament and sheer wastage of time for a person who would spend 14 hours a day in academic work at Cambridge. During Christmas holidays he was invited by Professor Wolfgang Pauli, the 1945 Nobel laureate in physics, who was visiting India, to come to Bombay. He went to India for a week and on his return was charge sheeted for not seeking prior approval before leaving. This shocked him as he was used to European freedom of movement. However, later the Director Public Instruction intervened and the period of his visit was treated as leave without pay.

After receiving the Nobel Prize, Dr. Salam came to Pakistan. In December 1979, on his arrival in Lahore, Peshawar and Islamabad, he was received by junior army officers who were military secretaries to the provincial governors and the ‘President’. The convocation at the Quaid-i-Azam University in Islamabad summoned to bestow upon him the honorary doctorate of science was cancelled because of the warning from the students belonging to the right-wing Jamaat-i-Islami to disrupt the function, and the venue was shifted to the hall of National Assembly. In Lahore, his lecture arranged to be held at the campus of the Punjab University, had to be moved to the senate hall in the city because certain groups had demonstrated earlier and threatened to murder Dr. Salam. The University of Punjab refused to honor him with a degree. The Government College did not even invite him to visit its precinct.

Although it was embarrassing for General Zia, he had to welcome the great scientist and had to be seen with him on TV. However, those sections of Dr. Salam’s speech were clipped where he had said the kalima or used an Islamic expression. It was Dr. Salam’s good luck that one of the believers did not go to the court under Zia’s own laws to get the country’s only Nobel laureate sent to prison for six months of rigorous imprisonment.

A year later in January 1981, when he was in India, five universities gave him honorary degrees, including the Guru Dev Nanak University of Amritsar where he delivered the convocation address on 25 January 1981 in Punjabi, and the university, on his request brought to Amritsar four of his old teachers who had taught him in Jhang and Lahore. The Prime Minister, Mrs. Indira Gandhi, invited him to her residence, made coffee for him with her own hands, and sat on the carpet throughout the meeting near Salam’s feet saying that was her way of honoring a great guest. Later in his tour of several Latin American countries including Brazil, he was received everywhere at the airport by the head of the state. (K.K. Aziz, 2007)

In 1986, the Director Generalship of UNESCO fell vacant and nominations were solicited. Salam wanted to be considered and everyone was sure that he would be elected. But the rule was that a candidate must be nominated by his own country. Pakistan nominated Lt. General Yaqub Khan, a retired army officer. Both Britain and Italy offered to nominate Salam if he agreed to become their national. He refused. The Pakistani general received only one vote. A French member, when pressed by her Government to vote for the Pakistani candidate, resisted, protested and then resigned, saying “An Army General will run the UNESCO over my dead body” (K.K.Aziz, 2007).

Salam died, full of honors and laurels from across the world, on 21 November 1996, in Oxford. His brother, who lived in Lahore, asked the government if it would like to provide protocol on the arrival of the coffin. There was no response. He was buried in Rabwah, at the foot of his mother’s grave.

The scientist Dr. Salam had a vision. He wanted to bring about a change in the social and educational sectors of an impoverished society. He wanted to change the culture of backward areas like Jhang by creating opportunities for the downtrodden yet intelligent children of the area. He endowed the schools and madrasahs of Jhang with hefty grants and scholarships. He envisioned these to act as centers of learning, peace and harmony. Perhaps the late Dr. Salam wanted to begin with Jhang as a model district.

However, this was not to be. The self-destructive trends in our society patronized by the state of which Dr. Salam himself was a victim engulfed us. Jhang, today is the epicenter of sectarian violence in Pakistan. The militant organizations Sipah-e-Sahaba and its offshoot Lashkar-e-Jhangvi are centered here. According to the Jhang police, the Taliban and al-Qaeda network is also expanding in Jhang.

We never realized that the vacuum created by lack of education and enlightenment is always filled by ignorance and extremism. Can we still prioritize the power of discourse over the discourse of power? A proposition which Dr. Salam advocated throughout his life!

Waseem Altaf is a human rights activist.

However, I'm a human being and I know one thing for sure that it's not for me to pass judgements on another's faith.

yaar baat ko samjho there r certain rules to be a muslim just like its with jews and christians.. and they dont follow them how then can they be called muslims i and couple of members over here have already told you on the faith

yaar baat ko samjho there r certain rules to be a muslim just like its with jews and christians.. and they dont follow them how then can they be called muslims i and couple of members over here have already told you on the faith
i 100% agree with you that there are rules to be followed what i dont understand is how can some one prosecute someone else just because he interprets his thinking of god differently , nobody answered me when i asked why then all these per fakirs & saints mazars are almost worshipped , how come jallaluddin mohammad akbar is called a muslim & his generations as he himself started deen e ilahi ...kindly do answer

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...0vCgDg&usg=AFQjCNFX2tr8Rkc9ixA-_D2x9pDlb6fQ8w

all these per fakirs & saints mazars are almost worshipped , how come jallaluddin mohammad akbar is called a muslim & his generations as he himself started deen e ilahi ...kindly do answer[/url]

Well, fact is: to be a Muslim you have to follow the basic tenants of Islam; the 5 Pillars. If you don't follow these 5 pillars your not a Muslim. Apart from that, people have different interpretation of Quran and Hadith, but that doesn't make them non Muslim. Also, did you know this Din I Ilahi thing is dead? As a matter of fact, most Subcontinental Muslims don't even know anything on this.

i 100% agree with you that there are rules to be followed what i dont understand is how can some one prosecute someone else just because he interprets his thinking of god differently , nobody answered me when i asked why then all these per fakirs & saints mazars are almost worshipped , how come jallaluddin mohammad akbar is called a muslim & his generations as he himself started deen e ilahi ...kindly do answer

check post 20 there is a method to how people pray on their graves and post 27 and akbar after that din e elahi fiasco once again became a muslim when riots happened against him thus he became a muslim again and when he started the deen e elahi riots happened bcz he went against islam

well I knew one thing . If some body don't believe the Holly prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) is the last prophet or don't believe in Quran by no means can be considered a Muslim

I know CaptainJacksparrow is in mood of trolling today. In your last 24 hours posts, all I find is trolling and the sensitive threads that you feel will literally burn the members and they will start fighting with each other.

@topic

For me the logic is simple, Believe in God, believe in the final Prophet and believe in every single word of the Holy Qur'an. You are a Muslim. Have a doubt in one principle mentioned above... You are either non-Muslim or going away from the boundaries of Islam (depending upon your intentions)

Back
Top Bottom