What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

I keep repeating; the experiences other developers had will not necessarily be repeated in our case. The everage computer you can buy off the shelf today has more processing power than the supercomputer of two decades ago.

Did you know why the stealthy plane F-117 Nighthawk has all those non aerodynamic surfaces! Because their computers couldn't crunch the data of curved surfaces.

True. Well, if anything, Turkey wouldn't embark on this journey if it wasn't possible. So I shouldn't be so skeptical/worried. Let's go then! When will the first prototype enter production? Design freeze?

PS: talk about a domestic engine is stupid. What do you mean foreign engines mean it's not indigenous? There are only 3-4 countries in the world that can produce jet engines this size. Just 2 who can make airliner jet engines. So producing a first JET FIGHTER is already a gigantic achievment. Don't be an extremist. Turkey won't produce a first rate jet engine for at least 20 years, if then. Look at China, they have 20 times the engineers Turkey does, and they haven't even been able to do it. So give it time, and a country of 80 million doesn't need to do 100% of everything indigenously. 90% is awesome as is.

True. Well, if anything, Turkey wouldn't embark on this journey if it wasn't possible. So I shouldn't be so skeptical/worried. Let's go then! When will the first prototype enter production? Design freeze?

PS: talk about a domestic engine is stupid. What do you mean foreign engines mean it's not indigenous? There are only 3-4 countries in the world that can produce jet engines this size. Just 2 who can make airliner jet engines. So producing a first JET FIGHTER is already a gigantic achievment. Don't be an extremist. Turkey won't produce a first rate jet engine for at least 20 years, if then. Look at China, they have 20 times the engineers Turkey does, and they haven't even been able to do it. So give it time, and a country of 80 million doesn't need to do 100% of everything indigenously. 90% is awesome as is.

90% native production is acceptable; it only means 10% slavery. We have a leadership who does not accept that 10% slavery. And that leadership is ready to put their money where their mouth is. And all we have to do is take the challenge and go for it. This is not only a defence industry challenge it is also a matter of national pride. Unlike many nations who have dependant territories around the world we as Turks don't have such lasting achievements to rest upon. We need to record some achievements and scores. It is this kind of strong leadership that gets nations to new heights and we will take advantage of it.

No engine for 20 years, you wish. But you will have to wish harder as our leadership is going for 100% independence before another decade runs out.

No engine for 20 years, you wish. But you will have to wish harder as our leadership is going for 100% independence before another decade runs out.
So you believe we will be able to produce a Jet engine before 2020?

Just a misreading, ok let me aske the question again do you believe we will be able to produce one before 2025?

20 years from now takes us to the year 2035. Tell me if you don't believe we will have built a usable fighter jet engine by then. Which is by the way 12 years after we fly our first jet fighter.

20 years from now takes us to the year 2035. Tell me if you don't believe we will have built a usable fighter jet engine by then. Which is by the way 12 years after we fly our first jet fighter.
I tell you 2023 is way too optimistic, developing a 5th gen stealth fighter from scratch in 7 years would be a world record, im not saying we cant, im just saying the deadline is unrealistic.

I tell you 2023 is way too optimistic, developing a 5th gen stealth fighter from scratch in 7 years would be a world record, im not saying we cant, im just saying the deadline is unrealistic.

If it is hard to believe then belive in something easier, like a trainer jet. 2023 is the first flight not the completion. If I had the money I would invest in it myself. Look at that Sierra Nevada couple they are another mission impossible being realised in front of our very eyes.

Volvo aero manufactures jet engines may be Turkey can get some sort of help or a joint venture.

90% native production is acceptable; it only means 10% slavery. We have a leadership who does not accept that 10% slavery. And that leadership is ready to put their money where their mouth is. And all we have to do is take the challenge and go for it. This is not only a defence industry challenge it is also a matter of national pride. Unlike many nations who have dependant territories around the world we as Turks don't have such lasting achievements to rest upon. We need to record some achievements and scores. It is this kind of strong leadership that gets nations to new heights and we will take advantage of it.

What wish lo? I'm saying, there are just a handful of nations that can do it. Sure Turkey could with a lot of effort design and build an F414 like engine, but certainly no F119 or F135 engine. These are just cold hard facts. Look at Russia, which is decades ahead, with it's trouble with the PAK-FA engine. I'm a big supporter of these efforts, but I'm no blind fanboy. I'm realistic. The europeans have to scrap together big consortia to make the jet engines (Eurojet), but some people think Turkey can just do it out of thin air.

• Do we see that the Kale 3500 turbojet engine for the SOM cruise missile is alive and kicking right now? Yes we do.
  • Is the Altay tank getting closer to mass production by the day? Yes it is.
  • Have the Sierra Nevada Company started a subsidiary in Ankara just the other day? Yes they have.
  • Are there works already started for turbine engine development? Yes there are.
  • Are many companies head hunting for engine development as we speak? Yes they are.

The only major hurdle in the development of a high performance jet engine is the turbine blades. We will make them.

Last edited:
Do we see that the Kale 3500 turbojet engine for the SOM cruise missile is alive and kicking right now, yes we do. Is the Altay tank getting closer to mass production by the day, yes it is. Did the Sierra Nevada Company start a subsidiary in Ankara just the other day, yes they did. Are there works already started for turbine engine development, yes there are. Are companies head hunting for engine development , yes they are. The only major hurdle in the development of a high performance jet engine is the turbine blades. We will make them.

What this requires is the composition formula and alloy / carbon fibre industry. Building one would take time and then the product to eventually evolve into a production grade would require high cost and time. Cost might not be an issue but time is a problem.

Surely Turkish Brothers are capable of attaining the knowledge and expertise.

Back
Top Bottom