What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

Bro i got some questions in my mind. get ready, im going to ask them... ;)
when are they planning to finish the detailed design? what sub systems Turkey should develop for the jet, according to you?
as i know, there is plan for AESA in 2023, also BVR and WVR missiles will be presented. i mean what is left that will require much time to finish this project? im just curious..

Bro, You know Our time schedules on aerospace projects are mostly delayed. If We consider TF-X as one of the most critical/complicated project of all, Predicting a time from now is impossible but Schedule is planned to reveal a flying prototype until 100. anniversary of Turkish Republic which is 2023.

Development of a jet is a must for Turkey ? Yes Brother without any doubt. Turkish industry has advanced enough to develop almost all parts of electronics/electro-optics, missiles, avionics and mission computers/canalized infrastructure to develop one of the most critical sub components at present. What remained is to have a stealth and modern airframe that Turkey has all property rights over it because You know Even If Turkey orders one of the best fighter (F-35), USA don't allow us to own source codes. We can't integrate our subsystems on them. IFF is a big problem since We have likely enemies inside/outside of NATO which may use same/similar IFF. To identify them as foe, You should develop your own threat bank over devices. We did it on F-16's but I don't know If USA allows us to use same threat bank on F-35. Integration of Turkish missiles/bombs on a foreign aircraft requires permissions/updates on interfaces which takes time and money as well. In additions, We are not allowed to use our fighters over Cyprus. If We consider such embargo like items over billion $ purchase, It became a MUST for us to develop our own fighter.

What's left to develop ? Bro, Turkish industry have already been rehearsing development of many subsystems which is going to be a part of TF-X. Ozgur F-16 mission computer project, Cruise missiles, AA missiles, lighter/intelligent MFD's, lighter avionics, LED/OLED/AMOLED screen projects, ASelPod 3rd generation targetting pod, new generation EW projects/sensors, communication devices, advanced link systems, AESA radar, radar transponders, chips...etc

but Engine will be foreign. We should concantrate canopy development for example. Landing gears are also a different part of our defficiency but I believe Alp aviation which is producing F-35 landing gear, can produce a similar one for TF-X as well. I think We can reach satisfactory level national contributions in mid level.

Alp-3.jpg

Bro, You know Our time schedules on aerospace projects are mostly delayed. If We consider TF-X as one of the most critical/complicated project of all, Predicting a time from now is impossible but Schedule is planned to reveal a flying prototype until 100. anniversary of Turkish Republic which is 2023.

Development of a jet is a must for Turkey ? Yes Brother without any doubt. Turkish industry has advanced enough to develop almost all parts of electronics/electro-optics, missiles, avionics and mission computers/canalized infrastructure to develop one of the most critical sub components at present. What remained is to have a stealth and modern airframe that Turkey has all property rights over it because You know Even If Turkey orders one of the best fighter (F-35), USA don't allow us to own source codes. We can't integrate our subsystems on them. IFF is a big problem since We have likely enemies inside/outside of NATO which may use same/similar IFF. To identify them as foe, You should develop your own threat bank over devices. We did it on F-16's but I don't know If USA allows us to use same threat bank on F-35. Integration of Turkish missiles/bombs on a foreign aircraft requires permissions/updates on interfaces which takes time and money as well. In additions, We are not allowed to use our fighters over Cyprus. If We consider such embargo like items over billion $ purchase, It became a MUST for us to develop our own fighter.

What's left to develop ? Bro, Turkish industry have already been rehearsing development of many subsystems which is going to be a part of TF-X. Ozgur F-16 mission computer project, Cruise missiles, AA missiles, lighter/intelligent MFD's, lighter avionics, LED/OLED/AMOLED screen projects, ASelPod 3rd generation targetting pod, new generation EW projects/sensors, communication devices, advanced link systems, AESA radar, radar transponders, chips...etc

but Engine will be foreign. We should concantrate canopy development for example. Landing gears are also a different part of our defficiency but I believe Alp aviation which is producing F-35 landing gear, can produce a similar one for TF-X as well. I think We can reach satisfactory level national contributions in mid level.

Alp-3.jpg
seems like they are almost ready.. Turkey can start to produce for themself first, and prove its effectiveness in trainings with foreign countries... It will be a game changer, if they develop their own engine.. even knowing that Turkey is going to develop their own engine soon, all those engine producers, will cut their price to win on export variants.. i cant wait to see those years...

seems like they are almost ready.. Turkey can start to produce for themself first, and prove its effectiveness in trainings with foreign countries... It will be a game changer, if they develop their own engine.. even knowing that Turkey is going to develop their own engine soon, all those engine producers, will cut their price to win on export variants.. i cant wait to see those years...

Bro, If you ask me, Making a partnership with an X country like Sweden/SAAB(They have also a stealth fighter project. Best timing) to develop TF-X for example %50/50 shares is more cost effective. What We are looking for is to design/development a stealth airframe. SAAB/TAI can collaborate to develop such a stealth frame and use them in accordance with own requirements without having any difficulty/restrictions. After last SSIK meeting, Sweeden pulled back Armenian genocide agreement which was accepted in 2010. Who can knows the reason of it? :D

Bro, If you ask me, Making a partnership with an X country like Sweden/SAAB(They have also a stealth fighter project. Best timing) to develop TF-X for example %50/50 shares is more cost effective. What We are looking for is to design/development a stealth airframe. SAAB/TAI can collaborate to develop such a stealth frame and use them in accordance with own requirements without having any difficulty/restrictions. After last SSIK meeting, Sweeden pulled back Armenian genocide agreement which was accepted in 2010. Who can knows the reason of it? :D
Bro, Sweden is also first European country accepted Philistine independence recently.. After German ThyssenKrupp bought Kockums, they saw that Actually Germany wanted to destroy its Rival. Germany mentioned that they want to change the whole infrastructure to build small boats or small submarine.. This is what the real face of EUropeans.. Sweden forced German company to sell back all the Know how to SAAB. Turkey did a smart move and was on the right place at the right time... ;)
Germans look to sink Swedish sub maker - The Local

Saab Maneuvers To Buy Swedish Submarine Maker | Defense News | defensenews.com

it looks like a work by amateur in DS Catia software , surface quality doesnt match with professional one. :rolleyes:
I know it from a close friend doing master in Aeronautics ,they used to draw something such as hobby .:enjoy:

It must be a work in progress. It is not a photorealistic rendering.

It must be a work in progress. It is not a photorealistic rendering.
i can clearly say it is a amateur work ,not a professional one . It also seems like tried to be rendered, it wouldnt be so in a professional work in middle of progress ,there would stay some curves,some mappings on surfaces or something else.

i can clearly say it is a amateur work ,not a professional one . It also seems like tried to be rendered, it wouldnt be so in a professional work in middle of progress ,there would stay some curves,some mappings on surfaces or something else.

Prrrobably it was not intended to be seen as it looks like a shadow to me.

I have to be honest. I fully support this and hope it happens. But we have to be reasonable. Turkey doesn't have much experience in aerospace. The ATAK is helping a lot, but it's a tilt rotor, and wasn't designed by us. The basic frame I mean.

To develop a full fledges stealth fighter without experience is a very tall order. Sure, with outside help a lot is possible. But I doubt the time frame and budget mentioned. The idea is good though, tens of billions can be spend inside TR, and perhaps one day even exported. That's what 1st world countries are made of.

Typo detected...

True. I forgot about the trainer. But see, BAE is also a major SUBcontractor, but people doubt they could be a prime contractor. Indeed Turkey is taking all the right steps, but designing an entire stealth fighter might be too much for now. It's a very privileged clup of superpower who can make their own stealth jets. Even fighter jets of the 4th gen. Even though I wonder how the F Saab makes the Gripen, tiny country. But I hope I'm wrong, and in cooperation with the Koreans and Japanese we might pull it off!

Shameful thinking.

Last edited:
Prrrobably it was not intended to be seen as it looks like a shadow to me.

Typo detected...

Shameful thinking.

The Gripen isn't a stealth fighter though. It's at best a modern and more agile f-16. And they have a long history of developing and producing fighter jets. But hey, I hope it works. I hope it won't be a silly money draining prestige project.

The Gripen isn't a stealth fighter though. It's at best a modern and more agile f-16. And they have a long history of developing and producing fighter jets. But hey, I hope it works. I hope it won't be a silly money draining prestige project.

I keep repeating; the experiences other developers had will not necessarily be repeated in our case. The everage computer you can buy off the shelf today has more processing power than the supercomputer of two decades ago.

Did you know why the stealthy plane F-117 Nighthawk has all those non aerodynamic surfaces! Because their computers couldn't crunch the data of curved surfaces.

Last edited:
If it uses foreign engines, then it is not indigenous. It will just be a joke plane like the Iranian F-313.

And like Gripens and Chinese ones and the KFX and all those that don't come with a national engine?

We do have the hope to power it with a national engine though.

Back
Top Bottom