What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

my friend...

If your basic is engineering.... you will understand that technically steam turbine is far different than gas turbine, particularly for military use...

Indonesia still way long to produce military turbine. We dont even have a clear roadmap or program to produce turbine for civilian aircraft. Currently only US, France, UK, German, Russia and Japan can produce their own engine.

What do we need is made a cooperation with Turkey to run Turbine program for military use, so we can use it also for our IFX. But this offcourse require an assistant from Prat Whitney, General Electric, Roll Royce or MTU Aero Engine

I know that already bro, I just said that " the potential company to produce aircraft engine", I didnt say that it has already had the capability to design and make a turbojet or turbofan. PT Nusantara Turbine itself is a subsidiary of PT Dirgantara Indonesia (aircraft maker), so it is not some thing that comes from nowhere. It has the capability to overhaul military aircraft engine as well as for civilian aircraft one, beside producing industrial turbine. It is part of a big plan. One of former PT Dirgantara also said that to me. Of course we need cooperation with western/ Russian/ Japanese company to make jet engine. What is in my mind is that we can licensed built the engine for IFX first, and if we can do it, it will be a huge leap.

Talking about turbojet and turbofan development in Indonesia, it is currently being developed through our cruise missile program. So start from that first, and we also already have industrial infrastructure for mass producing it.

Last edited:
I have inspected ASELPOD some time ago and i found it inferior to it's foreign counterparts.ASELPOD was weighing around 200 kg and had a resolution of 512x512 or 640x512 i don't remember it exactly but LITENING G4 had a resolution of 1024x1024.I don't know how much is it for SNIPER XR but many say it is better than LITENING.ASELPOD is good for a starter but what do you think about it? @xxxKULxxx @xenon54 @Combat-Master @cabatli_53

I have inspected ASELPOD some time ago and i found it inferior to it's foreign counterparts.ASELPOD was weighing around 200 kg and had a resolution of 512x512 or 640x512 i don't remember it exactly but LITENING G4 had a resolution of 1024x1024.I don't know how much is it for SNIPER XR but many say it is better than LITENING.ASELPOD is good for a starter but what do you think about it? @xxxKULxxx @xenon54 @Combat-Master @cabatli_53
@cabatli_53 were giving some informations and compare about it before.. it would be interesting to discuss it again.. As i know(if not wrong), Aselpod can target from 20km away, how about others?

Aselpod uses 3rd generation 3-5µm wavelength thermal Quantum well infrared detectors (like latest generation equivalents) which has a resolution of 640x512pixel (As far as I know, Sniper XR also uses same resolution detector) and Weight is also similar with competitors. Litening G4 uses more capable detector than our Aselpod but It is the latest technology Israel/USA reached at present (They are working on ~2480x2480 resolution). Serial production are done to produces QWIP detectors which has a resolution of 640x512 at present and There are serious efforts to improve capabilities of related technology on subcomponents like CdZnTe base technology. Aselsan/University collaboration is working on many other projects to be used on similar detectors, While SWIR and NIR type of imager technology is also being developed simultaneously. For ASelpod like E/O, There is a seperate project to develop a capable gallium nitrite based detector which is able to work from VIS to MWIR wavelegths to take bigger resolution images from higher altitudes. Step by step...

Aselsan didn't give any altitude performance of AselPod but It is just underlined that Lantirn pods restrict the operational capabilities of Turkish fighters. TurAf fighters with Aselpod will be operational on higher altitudes.

As far as I know, Litening pod automatically shut down itself When aircraft climed 25000+ft. It is enhanced to 40000ft altitude on Litening 2.

You can watch the impressive clear images and zoom capabilities of AselPod in that video.

Untitled-3.jpg

Uuu beybi... So twin engine will be awesome :D

It started to look like 5th gen. even more... :D

Yes.. It's called the TFX program.. Turkish Indigenous Jet Fighter Program (TFX)

TX would equal to Tejas project
FX would equal to your AMCA program

---
TAI's Machine facility
Main airframe component for the F-35 Lightning II
UWrkKR6.jpg

Structural component for Hurkus
lFikW01.jpg

This mean TX will be a light Combat Aircraft/Trainer Aircraft to replace T-38 and will have a different configuration than FX ?

It looks likely but i have no iade about how it will be since that there isn't an information about it.

This mean TX will be a light Combat Aircraft/Trainer Aircraft to replace T-38 and will have a different configuration than FX ?

Jet Trainer Aircraft and Fighter Aircraft Conceptual Design Project

Objective : Performing the “Conceptual Design” study to design and produce prototypes by using domestic capabilities at maximum possible extent for modern platforms that meets Turkish Armed Forces needs and will substitute the existing Turkish Air Forces T-38 Trainer Aircrafts and F-16 Fighter Aircrafts which are required to be replaced from 2020's.

Scope : Maximum utilization of existing domestic opportunities and capabilities is aimed. In addition, determination of the critical technologies during the development and production phases of the aircraft and arrangement of the industrialization requirements will be coordinated within the context of this Program.

Project Model : In country development.

Prime/Sub Contractor : Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI)

Contract Date : 23 August 2011

Conceptual Design activities completed by September 29, 2013.

Jet Trainer Aircraft and Fighter Aircraft Conceptual Design Project

picture is here:

A Trainer/light attack Variant will be a good supplement for Air Superiority Variant and could be exportet to States which can not afford the Air Superiority Variant!

Hopefully that hey choose the 2 engine fighter aircraft, because it shoudl reach the max speed very fast and should have a redundant system, if one engine stops working.

Back
Top Bottom