What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

Actually what I mean is other countries can be assigned with specialized parts.

If they have something that Turkey doesn't have I don't see why not. Or even if they have just production means but not knowhow they can still get workshare if not major knowhow to offset their financial commitment.

Lol at this logic.

I think we should build a Balkan engine...10% from Bulgaria,10% from Greece,10% Albania,10% Romania ,10 % Serbia,10% Bosnia,10% Croatia,10% Montenegro,10% Macedonia,10% Kosovo...et voila !! Balkan 5th generation jet engine !

:lol:
But what if everybody has the same 10% knowledge, you still end up having a 10% fighter. :(

If they have something that Turkey doesn't have I don't see why not. Or even if they have just production means but not knowhow they can still get workshare if not major knowhow to offset their financial commitment.
You got it.

Stop trying to slow down a Balkanite jet engine !

With that kind of backing you can very well build microjet enginess to power rc jet models or tactical UCAVs.

Isn't it the age of UCAVs coming up after all.

Not into humour i guess ?

Both ways. Engine size scales down by the amounth of backing you get. Smaller ones are easier to make. How small depends on how much backing naturally. On the other hand isn't the F35 considered the last fighter jet by some people in the industry. I would say the last American manned fighter jet.

If we add 10% of know-how from Egypt and another 10% from Pakistan, plus even fraction percentages from other Muslim countries we end up with almost 100% of know how and that is what I have implied by teaming up.

Which one of them have the tech for single crytal fan blades ? or made research about it...or the knowledge about making titanium turbine blades..or have experience with TBC of the blades ? or even designed a turbine engine...

What you are saying is utopia.

There are understood to be about nine companies interested in the programme, including Lockheed Martin, Shenyang Aircraft Corporation, Dassault, BAE Systems, and Saab. Those interested are required to respond to the RfI by 20 March.

The SSM is expected to issue a request for proposal (RFP) for the TF-X in the third quarter of 2015, with local defence industry sources telling IHS Jane's that this may culminate with the selection of a winner before the end of this year.

Janes

Turkey issues RfI for ambitious TF-X fighter project - IHS Jane's 360

Last edited:
Which one of them have the tech for single crytal fan blades ? or made research about it...or the knowledge about making titanium turbine blades..or have experience with TBC of the blades ? or even designed a turbine engine...

What you are saying is utopia.

Fans are made as blisks nowadays, single crystal blades belong to power turbine domain. Just a disambiguation.

Last edited:

Turkiye bro. :D

Some can, the UAE and SA for example have some very interesting JV with European and American firms. Do not underestimate the other Muslim countries in general. I am talking about a team work that can bear a lot of fruits.
I wasn't implying the engine for TF-X in particular but jet engines in general. Pakistan could make nuclear bombs and mastered the nuclear cycle on its own, Egypt made missiles in the 50' 60' and warplanes on its own too, they had jet engines that they have sold to India in the 60', and there are many other known and unknown achievements...

I am not underestimating Muslim countries but setting lights on truths unfortunatelly. You can't do everything with money. Technology requires hard working, qualified engineering capability along with experience and time as well. Expectation is great but How realistic ? One day in future When Muslim countries reached knowledge enough to build own gas turbines to power up own platforms, It would be the day Our strategic platforms will compete with others but Today, We have to bow our heads to order foreign engines. In this circumstances, It is a must to take permission When You wanted to export them. Egyptian made missiles, Pakistani nuclear bombs or Malaysian silicon chip production facilities don't change those truths. Turkey is inside of top-6 at strategic detector production capability, or one of a few country which is able to produce Gallium Nitrat or GaN based transistor or chip technology...(I can list other achievements that put Turkey in top strategic technology ruler country) but None of them help us to produce own designed gas turbines so Don't mix the points with eachothers.

There are only like 10 manifacturers around the world that can produce a turbine engine fit for use on military helicopters or planes. The main drive for undertaking such a hard feat is having a sizable market and like it is for France maintaining independance and technological edge. Turkey needs independance if we don't want to be a plaything of powerful nations. Turkey can also cater to some other nations who want independance from the major manifacturers. We can either give work shares to some other countries and share the cost or go solo and take it easy.

Turkiye bro. :D

I am not underestimating Muslim countries but setting lights on truths unfortunatelly. You can't do everything with money. Technology requires hard working, qualified engineering capability along with experience and time as well. Expectation is great but How realistic ? One day in future When Muslim countries reached knowledge enough to build own gas turbines to power up own platforms, It would be the day Our strategic platforms will compete with others but Today, We have to bow our heads to order foreign engines. In this circumstances, It is a must to take permission When You wanted to export them. Egyptian made missiles, Pakistani nuclear bombs or Malaysian silicon chip production facilities don't change those truths. Turkey is inside of top-6 at strategic detector production capability, or one of a few country which is able to produce Gallium Nitrat or GaN based transistor or chip technology...(I can list other achievements that put Turkey in top strategic technology ruler country) but None of them help us to produce own designed gas turbines so Don't mix the points with eachothers.

I am not mixing any points , I know how turkey is advanced , but I also know of the latent possibilities other Muslim countries have. I f you had visited any foreign university in your life, you would have seen so many Muslim professors in so many advanced fields you won't believe your eyes. So I am talking about facts and what other Muslim countries can provide in a team work that Turkey can not.

I think our jet must have thrust vectoring nozzles...

And i think PAK FA's nozzles are far better... F-22 has only 2 way nozzles (up & down) but PAK FA has 360 degrees nozzles... With this nozzles our jet will have a superb agility...

3d thrust vectoring increases manueverability but obscures stealthness because they are round shaped.F-22 has 2d tvns and they are like shark teeth to increase the stealth.

3d thrust vectoring increases manueverability but obscures stealthness because they are round shaped.F-22 has 2d tvns and they are like shark teeth to increase the stealth.

If sharp shape is needed for stealthy then what about this lind of a shape ?..

For up-down & right-left...

nozzle.jpg

Something like this...

1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom