What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

The original engine requirement for TF-X was two F-135 engines. Two fricking F-135s!

Ahhh, good old days...
Sorry bro but this has never been the case. Some amateurs on forums may have uttered that kind of wishes but there has never been any official plans of such nonsense since F-135 engines are not for sale.

Sorry bro but this has never been the case. Some amateurs on forums may have uttered that kind of wishes but there has never been any official plans of such nonsense since F-135 engines are not for sale.

Nonsense ???

I literally talked with Air Force Lt. Col. who wrote the proposal himself in 2014. I even know the exact date because I had a meeting with Kenan ŞENER that day.

Sounds more like a wish.

Correct. But it is understandable. Air Force really wanted something less dependant on tanker aircraft with extended range and combat radius. If we succeed with this engine program, I'm 100% sure that they will start working on a more powerful engine right away.

@mete bro you know this stuff. Tr motor claims they will turn on engine 2026. İs this possible? Does ts1400 engine give us that much experience?

Back
Top Bottom