What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

2 years from now the first flight is very ambitious.

edit: this is for Hürjet, not TF-X. So maybe thats a bit more realistic then.
They already announced that ''Hürjet's maiden flight will be in 2022,'' few years ago... So, It is not something new. Of course I expected some delays because you know they changed the engine, but it looks like there is no problem about that.

Note, Hürjet is so important right now. After Americans kick us out of F-35, our old jets most probably gonna be replaced with Hürjet. With its new engine, Hürjet will be a ''Gripen class'' jet.

Last edited:

Damn, they've upped their animation skills!

They already announced that ''Hürjet's maiden flight will be in 2022,'' few years ago... So, It is not something new. Of course I expected some delays because you know they changed the engine, but it looks like there is no problem about that.

Note, Hürjet is so important right now. After Americans kick us out of F-35, our old jets most probably gonna be replaced with Hürjet. With its new engine, Hürjet will be a ''Gripen class'' jet.

I disagree, a powerful engine does not maker Hürjet a Gripen-class jet. It simply lacks the offensive and defensive avionics.

It remains an advanced jet trainer with some offensive capabilities.

Damn, they've upped their animation skills!

I disagree, a powerful engine does not maker Hürjet a Gripen-class jet. It simply lacks the offensive and defensive avionics.

It remains an advanced jet trainer with some offensive capabilities.
So you mean they did not upgrade the avionics after they replace the engine with EJ-200? It would be a huge waste... So I believe (It is just my opinion of course) Hürjet will not gonna be just a ''jet trainer'' anymore... I am sure all body and all avionics changed also.

And if you think, all this engine ''replacement'' thing happended after F-35 crisis. The reason behind it was simple, first we didnt wanted to use american engine anymore. And secondly we wanted to have a light fighter jet as a close gap solution until our Stealth jet become ready.

So you mean they did not upgrade the avionics after they replace the engine with EJ-200? It would be a huge waste... So I believe (It is just my opinion of course) Hürjet will not gonna be just a ''jet trainer'' anymore... I am sure all body and all avionics changed also.

And if you think, all this engine ''replacement'' thing happended after F-35 crisis. The reason behind it was simple, first we didnt wanted to use american engine anymore. And secondly we wanted to have a light fighter jet as a close gap solution until our Stealth jet become ready.
Major changes such as changing flight characteristics are not possible at such an advanced stage. Such things are usually frozen in the pre-conceptual studies or conceptual design phase.

Major changes such as changing flight characteristics are not possible at such an advanced stage. Such things are usually frozen in the pre-conceptual studies or conceptual design phase.
Disappointment... so it will be a waste for EJ-200.

Disappointment... so it will be a waste for EJ-200.
No, not really. Why do you think that?
An engine like EJ-200 is what this class of aircraft supposed to have. Check KAI T-50, Yakovlev Yak-130 and Saab/Boeing T-X for other examples. All have similar engines to the basic EJ-200.

Last edited:
No, not really. Why do you think that?
An engine like EJ-200 is what this class of aircraft supposed to have. Check KAI KFX, Yakovlev Yak-130 and Saab/Boeing T-X for other examples. All have similar engines to the basic EJ-200.
Well because you know, EJ-200 is more powerful than jf-17's and Gripen's engines...
Gripen: 12,100 lbf
EJ-200: 13,500 lbf
JF-17: 11,105 lbf
So I hoped for a real jet I suppose, something like Gripen... Thats why I'm disappointed. But anyway we just cant always get what we want.

Well because you know, EJ-200 is more powerful than jf-17's and Gripen's engines...
So I hoped for a real jet I suppose, something like Gripen... Thats why I'm disappointed. But anyway we just cant always get what we want.
That is not something to be disappointed at. Instead you should be proud the right management choices are being made. Turkey does not have the resources to work on two advanced jets simultaneously. It is better to take things slow and succeed than to overestimate our own resources and capabilities and risk losing everything.

Hürjet with Ej-2000 and Özgür Project avionic and weapon suitcase it would be great 4th gen aircraft.

Hürjet with Ej-2000 and Özgür Project avionic and weapon suitcase it would be great 4th gen aircraft.

Simply ... there won't be any EJ200 für Turkey. I'm 100% sure, Germany won't agree to sell this multinational engine given the current bumpy Turkish-German relationship.

Simply ... there won't be any EJ200 für Turkey. I'm 100% sure, Germany won't agree to sell this multinational engine given the current bumpy Turkish-German relationship.

We are on the way to normalize the relationship. No need for exaggerations.

This jet could get to be used as a technology demonstrator for the TFX. I'm sure that they will be able to integrate any sort of gadgets. Why won't they be able update the avionics? If it because of lack of space then the second pilot area could be used, it is not difficult i'm sure. I don't know the specs but surely an AESA radar can be fitted, there should be no problem with power or lack of space in the nose cone. What 'm trying to say is that I don't see why any sort of offensive and defensive capabilities are not possible. If you can give drones the capability then you can do it to light/trainer type jets. The important part is having the source codes and permission and an open interface (not to sure of the term) to integrate whatever you like.

Gripen NG has more powerful engine, f414 ;)

What about the latest export report?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom