What's new

Terrorist and killer Narendra Modi on TIME 2012 list is a shame

Even those who do not support the BJP should vote for him in Time 100 most influential list because he is an Indian just like us.

has justice been served to any of these victims of communal riots ????????

Yes a lot of people has been sentenced for burning Hindu Pilgrims in the Sabarmati express, and the cases for Post Godhra riots are going on, many have been sentenced and more will be sentenced in the near future.

- The Godhra train burning (Hindi: गोधरा कांड) was an incident that occurred on 27 February 2002 in which 58 people were killed in a fire in a train near the Godhra railway station in the Indian state of Gujarat.[2] Most of the people killed were Hindu pilgrims and activists returning from the holy city of Ayodhya.[3][4] Victims included many women and children. Investigations and court rulings on the case later established that the fire was caused by arson by radical Islamist mobs and 31 people were convicted for the crime.

- The Best Bakery murder trial received wide attention after witnesses retracted testimony in court and all accused were acquitted. The Indian Supreme Court, acting on a petition by social activist Teesta Setalvad, ordered a retrial outside Gujarat in which nine accused were found guilty in 2006.[75] A key witness, Zaheera Sheikh, who repeatedly changed her testimony during the trials and the petition was found guilty of perjury.[76]

- After a local court dismissed the case against her assailants, Bilkis Bano approached the National Human Rights Commission and petitioned the Supreme Court seeking a retrial. The Supreme Court granted the motion, directing the Central Bureau of Investigation to take over the investigation, transferring the case out of Gujarat and directing the central government to appoint the public prosecutor.[77][78] Charges were filed in a Mumbai court against nineteen people as well as six police officials and a government doctor over their role in the initial investigations.[79] In January 2008, eleven men were sentenced to life imprisonment for the rape and murders and a policeman was convicted of falsifying evidence.[80]

-Nine people were convicted of killing a Hindu man and injuring another during group clashes in Danilimda, Ahmedabad on 12 April, while 25 others were acquitted.[83]

- Eight people, including a VHP leader and a member of the BJP, were convicted for the murder of seven members of a family and the rape of two minor girls in the village of Eral in Panchmahal district.[84][85]

- On 9 November 2011, a court in Ahmedabad sentenced 31 Hindus to life imprisonment for murdering dozens of Muslims, by burning a building in which they took shelter.[90] 41 other Hindus were acquitted of murder charges due to lack of evidence

Please. That seems a slighting indirect reference to Indian Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jains, all who are not Hindus.

These are citizens of our country with equal rights as you and I, and to which many of my personal friends belong. Your statement reads harshly to me. I am sure you did not intend to cast slurs on fellow citizens.

Jains,Buddhists,Sikhs are included in this list.Dont come around with "secular jargon" here.

That statement of yours is pure assumption, hearsay, and conspiracy theory.

The man has been acquitted by all the courts as well as by all the impartial enquiries, even the one constituted by the SC of India.

I ask you, then, what else do you base your assertion upon other than hearsay and conspiracy theories?

He was never brought to trial, so he cannot have been acquitted, as his apologists keep trying to make us believe. The Supreme Court appointed Special Investigation Team is one of several enquiry teams working on the Gujarat riots, and it has said that there is no prosecutable evidence against Modi. A far cry from stating that he is innocent.

And it is not prejudicial to the efforts of the other teams. You are already aware that Amit Shah, who played a vital role at the time, has been slowly brought closer and closer to criminal involvement; this is with reference to the Gujarat riots, not with reference to his involvement with encounter killings of Sohrab Sheikh. The man is culpable at various levels.

If you think that it is easy to prove a case of criminal conspiracy against an installed Chief Minister, especially one about whom negative evidence in the shape of the mobile telephone service provider logs has mysteriously vanished after they were referenced, then you are being naive.

I base my distrust and dislike of Modi on simple but telling facts. These are known to all of us. Some choose to ignore them for political reasons. Some choose to see them as they are, and to demand an impartial and fair investigation, and to become increasingly doubtful at every manoeuvre and clever dodge to avoid such an enquiry.

One last point; the word Sire is used towards a sovereign or a father. As the father of one child, a daughter, and as a resident and citizen of a democratic republic, I am regretfully unqualified for that honorific.

So like I said, how do you think India-Pakistan relations would go if Narenda Modi became the PM of India?

We are not touching Pak with a bargepole. They are capable of imploding on their own,we are just building dams and hydro projects in kashmir.

So who do you want to become our next pm

The well-established political process of our country will decide that. my wanting or not wanting someone hardly matters. My faith is on the process, not on individuals.

As far as likes and dislikes are concerned, let us see who is the PM before liking or disliking him - or her.

He was never brought to trial, so he cannot have been acquitted, as his apologists keep trying to make us believe. The Supreme Court appointed Special Investigation Team is one of several enquiry teams working on the Gujarat riots, and it has said that there is no prosecutable evidence against Modi. A far cry from stating that he is innocent.

And it is not prejudicial to the efforts of the other teams. You are already aware that Amit Shah, who played a vital role at the time, has been slowly brought closer and closer to criminal involvement; this is with reference to the Gujarat riots, not with reference to his involvement with encounter killings of Sohrab Sheikh. The man is culpable at various levels.

If you think that it is easy to prove a case of criminal conspiracy against an installed Chief Minister, especially one about whom negative evidence in the shape of the mobile telephone service provider logs has mysteriously vanished after they were referenced, then you are being naive.

I base my distrust and dislike of Modi on simple but telling facts. These are known to all of us. Some choose to ignore them for political reasons. Some choose to see them as they are, and to demand an impartial and fair investigation, and to become increasingly doubtful at every manoeuvre and clever dodge to avoid such an enquiry.

One last point; the word Sire is used towards a sovereign or a father. As the father of one child, a daughter, and as a resident and citizen of a democratic republic, I am regretfully unqualified for that honorific.

Sir, i can summarise all of your post in a few words as below:

I HOPE THAT ONE DAY MODI WILL BE CONVICTED OF THE CRIMES I ASSUME HE HAS COMMITTED. BASED ON THIS ASSUMPTION OF MINE, HENCE, I IMPLORE YOU TO DESIST FROM VOTING FOR THE MAN.

...I hope you can see through the 'assume' part.

Hoping that you can, I now urge you to provide me with one solid reason to convince me to hold my vote hostage to your assumption.

absolutely nothing to stop the killings..........

And you know that,,,how ?

link1, link2, link3

Again, the riots were of such magnitude and spontaneity that it is virtually impossible to pre-empt them..the only hope was in reducing the casualties as much as possible and he did a credible job with the limited resources at his disposal.

No.

The rule of law, equality of citizens irrespective of caste, creed or religion, justice for all, upholding of the oath of office to the constitution sworn by politicians on appointment to office.....these are the things that matter.

I would like to see India remain what makes her so special, not descend to the level of those in a daze who don't know what to do to govern themselves, and start crying for a leader to take their decisions. If you think about it for a moment, I am sure you will agree.

yeah but if someone makes trouble they also have to be punished regardless of caste/creed or sect.we cant keep on sucking upto people and pardoning their sins because of their numbers.

Back
Top Bottom