What's new

Taliban praise India for resisting Afghan entanglement

oh boy why is pakistan the epicenter on every conversation anyway what the taliban have said is that they are happy india is not involving itself in the country too much and pakistan doesnot want to use afghanistan a stable afghanistan is what we want but we also know that it is not possible with us army staying there with nato and we also know that it wont work under karzai too bcz he has no control and is ofcourse extremely corrupt we also know that the pushtuns wont tolerate a non pashtun leader and the non pushtun wont tolerate a pushtun leader since afghanistan is divided in pushtuin and non pushtun areas and pushtun support the taliban thats why they are a major talk point in afghanistan. what we want is a government that is not anti pakistan

Taliban praise India for resisting Afghan entanglement

taliban-fighters-670-afp.jpg

KABUL: India has done well to resist US calls for greater involvement in Afghanistan, the Taliban said in a rare direct comment about one of the strongest opponents of the hardline group that was ousted from power in 2001.

The Taliban also said they won’t let Afghanistan be used as a base against another country, addressing fears in New Delhi that Pakistan-based anti-India militants may become more emboldened if the Taliban return to power.

The Afghan Taliban have longstanding ties to Pakistan and striking a softer tone towards its arch rival India could be a sign of a more independent course.

Direct talks with the United States, which have since been suspended, and an agreement to open a Taliban office in Qatar to conduct formal peace talks have been seen as signs of a more assertive stance.

US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta this month encouraged India to take a more active role in Afghanistan as most foreign combat troops leave in 2014. The Taliban said Panetta had failed.

“He spent three days in India to transfer the heavy burden to their shoulders, to find an exit, and to flee from Afghanistan,” the group said on its English website.
:laugh:

“Some reliable media sources said that the Indian authorities did not pay heed to (US) demands and showed their reservations, because the Indians know or they should know that the Americans are grinding their own axe.”:tup:

There had been no assurance for the Americans, Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told Reuters on Sunday.

“It shows that India understands the facts,” he said.

India is one of the biggest donors in Afghanistan, spending about $2 billion on projects ranging from the construction of highways to the building of the Afghan parliament. It has also won an iron ore concession in a $11 billion investment.

But New Delhi has avoided involvement in bolstering Afghan security, except for running courses for small groups of Afghan army officers at military institutions in India.

“No doubt that India is a significant country in the region, but is also worth mentioning that they have full information about Afghanistan because they know each other very well in the long history,” the Taliban said.

“They are aware of the Afghan aspirations, creeds and love for freedom. It is totally illogical they should plunge their nation into a calamity just for the American pleasure.”

India backed the Northern Alliance during the civil war and was frozen out of Afghanistan once the Taliban took over in 1996 until their ouster by US forces. It has since developed close ties with Kabul, prompting Pakistani fears of encirclement.

Pakistan has strong traditional links with the Afghan Taliban and other militant groups. Islamabad denies that it uses them as proxies to gain leverage in Afghanistan ahead of any settlement to the war, or in case civil war breaks out after foreign troops leave.

Vikram Sood, a former chief of India’s intelligence agency, said the Taliban statement held an implicit warning for India.

“It’s more a gentle reminder asking India not to mess around in Afghanistan after the Americans leave,” he told Reuters.:unsure:

Taliban praise India for resisting Afghan entanglement | DAWN.COM

===============
whats that?
Taliban suddenly learning table manners?
they realise that the is world that exists beyond their own behind? :yahoo: good for them. I hope the Americans also learn a thing or two from this development because they have been residing most of their time in their own backyard :lol:

on the other hand it seems the Taliban are preempting the Indian possible move. maybe at the right price or bargain it will accept American offer that "it cant refuse".
but until then, India can claim the appreciation medal from Taliban :yahoo:

For all the love, are Indians willing to accept a few thousand Afghan refugees, since we have millions of them and who knows there may be few hundred Talibans as an added bonus.......should turn out to be all honky dory. :)

Genius, the soviets were up for your a$$ and we saved it! they aren't refugees they are living in their own territory, you have never trained our armed forces actually the request was rejected! war supply lines were closed for the killing of your soldier and if you are giving us the credit that's OK!

i dont want to get a useless debate but plz read history soviets were slaughtering your people and ofocurse it was a problem for us bcz the soviets were right in our back yard buit guess what we trained your freedom fighters who fought them and we took in refugees in amount of millions that are so ungrateful that they should be thrown back

I know you can't answer what I asked; there are no Indian terrorists in Balochistan if you claim provide prove, we can't eat the resources our self their investment is much needed at this time. War has causality for a prosperous Afghanistan we have given millions of sacrifices and will give until we achieve it!

war was brought upon you your prosperity was lost the moment afghanistan was attacked by america and now when they leave ytou will end up having the worst civil war ever and my bet is the taliban will win that

This part is totally out of topic, and I say if you don't change Pakistan's foreign policy you would keep blaming everyone and will keep sacrificing other provinces as well.

we have changed the foriegn policy the supplies are stopped no headway is being made their and we are dealing with iran

For all the love, are Indians willing to accept a few thousand Afghan refugees, since we have millions of them and who knows there may be few hundred Talibans as an added bonus.......should turn out to be all honky dory.

they wont last tehs econd they cry bcz a few bangladeshi come in their country we have been harbouring these guys for over 40 years:p:P:p:P

Greater involvement doesn't come in days, Taliban should wait and they too know that India is the most popular country in Afghanistan!

Exactly. In any case what an unaccountable terrorist group like Taliban says has no meaning and no bearing on anyone's decision making. Maybe Mullah Omar read the Afghan - India strategic pact news with his bad eye.

You are ignorant of economics. Just some American aid and GDP growth will swing from 3% to 7%.

i would rather have the growth zero rather then talking america,s money and being its slave slowly but surely the growth will return on our own basis

You are ignorant of economics. Just some American aid and GDP growth will swing from 3% to 7%.

i would rather have the growth zero rather then talking america,s money and being its slave slowly but surely the growth will return on our own basis

LOLL, they think they are being so clever.

'Maybe if we say something good about India, America and the rest of the world will think we are allies. This is a brilliant idea!! MUHAHAA!!!' LOLL..

I am sure they know about the massive army India is training for the Karzai Government.

Exactly. In any case what an unaccountable terrorist group like Taliban says has no meaning and no bearing on anyone's decision making. Maybe Mullah Omar read the Afghan - India strategic pact news with his bad eye.

how can you say that terrorist yeh but they are have control of huge area of afghanistan and us is constantly saying to have talks with afghanistan meaning that us has acknowledged that the taliban are a powerful character in the country and without their say things wont happen the tlibna have ten times more power then the mayor of kabul karzai
so call them terrorist call them anything but they have a big say bcz they forced amrica like country to change its no negotiation with terrorist theory

It is in the interest of India to see Afghanistan from its own two eyes and ask Uncle Sam to please keep his spectacles with himself and strengthen the line of communication with Taliban, that in my has already been established.

This is the point, India needs to ponder and ask itself, whether it feels adventurous.

“He spent three days in India to transfer the heavy burden to their shoulders, to find an exit, and to flee from Afghanistan,” the group said on its English website.

'Maybe if we say something good about India, America and the rest of the world will think we are allies. This is a brilliant idea!! MUHAHAA!!!' LOLL..

I am sure they know about the massive army India is training for the Karzai Government.

:what::what::what: ok that is so wrong that i dont even want to discuss it but will guide you to go to the afghan and us defence to see just what the taliban really are

For all the love, are Indians willing to accept a few thousand Afghan refugees, since we have millions of them and who knows there may be few hundred Talibans as an added bonus.......should turn out to be all honky dory. :)

The same way India accepted millions of east pakistanis as refugees in your glory days. Want some ?

Dont throw stones sitting from a glass house.

:what::what::what: ok that is so wrong that i dont even want to discuss it but will guide you to go to the afghan and us defence to see just what the taliban really are

The same way India accepted millions of east pakistanis as refugees in your glory days. Want some ?

Dont throw stones sitting from a glass house.

i think you guys did sent some back as mukti bahnis but off topic so honkrey dory

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom