What's new

SURPRISE! Bal Thackeray going to the land down under!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not not trying to get Spark to be on the side of Pakistan.

I'm just saying that the guy sounds like a dumb ***.

Anyways, he was just a regional leader who had no major significance at the national level.

Now he is 86 and may not live more. He may not deserve respect but he certainly does not deserve dis-respect.

Bal Thackeray 'stable'; we are hopeful, Uddhav says| Nov 15, 2012, 12.00 PM IST

MUMBAI: The health of Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray, who was in a critical condition last night, is "stable" now, party spokesman Sanjay Raut said on Thursday morning.

"Balasaheb is stable now. Need not worry. He is responding to doctors' efforts," Raut, a Rajya Sabha MP, said.
Doctors attending to Thackeray (86) had said on Wednesday night that he was in a "very critical" condition and on life support system.

None of the doctors attending on him were available for the latest update on his condition on Thursday.

BJP leader Gopinath Munde who visited 'Matoshree' on Thursday morning told reporters that "the Sena chief's health is better than last night".

As news spread about Thackeray's health, several party workers started assembling outside his residence 'Matoshree' in suburban Bandra, where security has been stepped up.

A number of Shiv Sena MPs, legislators and senior leaders also reached Thackeray's residence as the word spread.

Security outside 'Matoshree' has been beefed up with police setting up barricades to streamline flow of crowds.

Police personnel all over the state are told to be on alert.

The party executive president Uddhav Thackeray had on Wednesday night appealed to Shiv Sainiks to maintain calm and pray for senior Thackeray's health.

"I have not lost hope. We are facing a crisis, we shall overcome," Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray said. "We are hopeful. You be hopeful. Let's pray."

Uddhav stepped outside the Thackeray home 'Matoshri' briefly around 2am to address the massive crowd of anxious party activists who gathered there since late Wednesday.

Accompanied by son Aditya, Uddhav appealed to the people to "remain calm and maintain peace" and ensure that the image of 'Matoshri' is not spoiled.

"The team of doctors is continuing their efforts....Balasaheb's self-determination is very strong... We are facing a crisis, we shall overcome," Uddhav assured his supporters.

He added that Thackeray was responding positively to the medical treatment being administered by the doctors and urged his supporters to pray for their leader's health and co-operate in maintaining peace.

The 86-year-old Thackeray has been suffering from breathing problems and has been occasionally put on oxygen.

Besides all members of the Thackeray family, nephew Raj Thackeray and his wife Sharmila, top Shiv Sena leaders like ex-Lok Sabha speaker Manohar Joshi, senior leader Subhash Desai, party MP Sanjay Raut, legislators Ramdas Kadam, Eknath Shinde and other elected representatives at various levels, senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader Vinod Tawade and others rushed to the bungalow around midnight.

Maharashtra on maximum alert
Former President Pratibha Patil called on Matoshree early this week to inquire after Balasaheb's health. Maharashtra leaders, including Chhagan Bhujbal, Gopinath Munde, Ramdas Athavale too paid a visit to Matoshree. NCP chief Sharad Pawar made a call to Thackeray's son, Uddhav on Tuesday and inquired after the Sena chief's health. Bollywood mega-star Amitabh Bachchan accompanied by son Abhishek, Sanjay Dutt and wife Manyata were among other prominent personalities who went to Matoshri.

Meanwhile, the entire state was put on maximum alert in view of the deteriorating condition of the Sena supremo. In a wireless message to all the police commissioners and SPs, the state home department asked them to deploy not only companies of the state reserve police force, but also rapid action force companies. "Ensure that adequate police force is deployed in your jurisdiction and if someone is taking the law into his hand or creating communal tension, deal with them with an iron hand," a senior IPS officer quoted the message as saying.

(With inputs from agencies)

Bal Thackeray 'stable'; we are hopeful, Uddhav says - The Times of India

Just thinking if he die will it create any tension i mean law and order situation in mahrashtra?

There will be blood!.. There will be holidays.

More violence means, more powerful the dead leader, ... Welcome to the modern India.

The neXt power struggle would be interesting.. with his son and nephew as players.

Its game on... amchi mumbai..

Yes exactly, his only intention was to go down in history as a champion of marathi nationalism.

He didnt care about the rest of the country but ensured that he stays at power and limelight using whatever methods possible.

The campaigns against SouthIndians and north Indians couldnt be sustained for a longer period due to chaged demographics, hence speaking against Pakistan and associating people with Pakistan was his favorite mantra for quite long time. ( Infact he comes to news during cricket matches or comparing some celebrity or politicians with Pakistanis).

Most foreign ministers are vocal on incidents, but u are true ....nobody has been consistent like Bal thackarey, guess he shouts the name of Pakistan even in his sleep.

As I mentioned earlier, he is just a regional leader with no national significance.

He has regional ambitions and his politics was according to that.

As I mentioned earlier, he is just a regional leader with no national significance.

He has regional ambitions and his politics was accordingly.

So its perfectly fine if the rest of the country bash him .

And we should not take his International comments seriously.. he is regional, remember.

There are lot of police vans moving all around Mumbai, maybe preparing for the worst.

So its perfectly fine if the rest of the country bash him .

And we should not take his International comments seriously.. he is regional, remember.

Nobody bashes him except few N/S Indians (you being one of them), may his men based up you too!

There are lot of police vans moving all around Mumbai, maybe preparing for the worst.

Hope there wont be any violence against death...

If at all they want violence, they all should try suicide and then confronting "yama" for taking their leader , rather than attacking local common man.

Let me tell you an instance. A rickshaw wala whom I hired asked for 15 rps. I was in hurry so I hired it anyway. On the way, I told him that, for same distance another rickshaw wala took just 8 Rps. He immediately said, he must be a Bihari. Now here comes the issue. In my region, there is huge influx of Bihari population especially the worker class. Most of this happened when Lalu and Nitish were Railway minister.

Now these people work at relatively much lower rate than local workers. So local workers hate Bihari people as they now have to lower there price because of the competition. As an example to explain the condition, these local people who are accustomed to live with 15 rps per trip, go through many problems as they charge rps 8 per trip. A bihari in my region lives happily as he is earning more than he used to earn in Bihar.

Now, if I become a leader and say I will kick out all Bihari workers, these local people will support me. Will elect me. Reason being, its matter of their survival. They don't care about India, patriotism etc. They care of their family whom they have to feed. They don't have time for these "RATIONAL" discussions. They have to do physical labor and more they work, more they can earn. As simple as that.

They don't have luxury like we have. We can chat all day long without any worry but they have to struggle each and every day

Here comes people like Bal Thakeray, Raj Thakeray. They are using the expectations of local people who want reservation. Favoritism is part of our culture. He do it on base of region and religion.

Other Leaders do it for caste, religion, etc. Even bureaucracy have their own kind of favoritism. An IFS officer will always support an IFS officer, rather than a RFS officer. I can give you detail example.

So things are much more complex and people need to understand the basic social dynamics. They have to understand how these people like Bal Thakeray get so much power and support.

The primary problem is not people like him, these people are secondary problem, the primary problems are the underlying reasons.

Unless and until you don't invest your mind and time to understand the primary reasons, you will be discussing superficial things. There are thousands of Bal Thakerays in India. Just that they are not that vocal about their views and people don't really know about their work.

Hope there wont be any violence against death...

If at all they want violence, they all should try suicide and then confronting "yama" for taking their leader , rather than attacking local common man.

Cant say. They will try to close all the shops for sure, those who will not, may get roughed up.

Speaking against countrymen is diff. from speaking against pakistan.

dont mix them up. Abusing N/S Indians was for getting votes and he did it during 70's and 80's.

He spoke against pakistan throughout his career.

And thats the reason you like him .....:rofl: :rofl:

Cant say. They will try to close all the shops for sure, those who will not, may get roughed up.

Shops closure, is perfectly fine, it is observed in all states regionally when leaders die.

But bal has an army of "raging" guys... i don't think they will deflame their sadness by merely closing shops.

I live in Maharashtra but I am not a Maharastrian.

I dont support Shiv Sena nor MNS in all of their planks.

But if think after putting myself in their shoes, they have some valid points they make (the discussions of which is beyond this thread).

I hope he will recover,after all I have nothing personal against him.

But I hate these shiv sena idiots.These SOB's burned Sikh turban last year in Punjab.
I will behead these morons personally if I meet them

And thats the reason you like him .....:rofl: :rofl:

If that makes you happy, then my answer is "YES", a big "YES'.

Shops closure, is perfectly fine, it is observed in all states regionally when leaders die.

But bal has an army of "raging" guys... i don't think they will deflame their sadness by merely closing shops.

Lets see.

His death may alter the political dynamics of the state. His party will get sympathy votes in the next election.

If they indulge in violence, they will loose all public sympathy.

I hope he will recover,after all I have nothing personal against him.

But I hate these shiv sena idiots.These SOB's burned Sikh turban last year in Punjab.
I will behead these morons personally if I meet them

Really? ????

This guy was pathetic. The only purpose that he served was that the extent of criticism of his far right stance served as a good barometer of sanity of indian society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom