What's new

SURPRISE! Bal Thackeray going to the land down under!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got reasons a plenty to hate this guy.

• The Card of Regional Chauvinism
  • Attacks on Communists and on Working Class Unity
  • Communal, Casteist and Authoritarian Slant
  • Electoral Opportunism
  • Servile Support to Emergency
  • Statewide Communal Riots
  • Attacks on the Press and the Judiciary

It all started by regionalism and Bal started his political journey by targeting south Indians even calling them yandugunduwalas and lunghiwalas during the late 60's. Then the tide turned to Biharis and Gujarathis. :angry:

The plot was simple "attack lethally" and pack them home.

All the chest thumping dialogues for the ultra nationalism crazy people by shouting the name of Pakistan through his party media Samna and in rallies were mainly due to the fact that his popularity was dwindling and he needed something to be on news, hence Pakistan specific comments got him huge supporters, like the few ones here.

It was the ruling Congress party that nurtured and supported the Shiv Sena for over two decades from the mid-sixties to the mid-eighties. In the early phase, this support was given to break the Communist hold over the trade union movement in Mumbai; in the later phase, it was to settle factional scores within the Congress itself. At the same time, it is also true that, with the sole exception of the Communists, all other opposition parties in the state have also collaborated with the Shiv Sena at various times, their leaders sharing the platform with the Shiv Sena supremo and some of them even going to the extent of striking electoral alliances with the Shiv Sena in local elections.

The Shiv Sena has always been under the authoritarian grip of its demagogic supremo Bal Thackeray, who has never disguised his contempt for democracy and adulation of dictatorship. His servile support to the Emergency was couched in these ideological terms. Thackeray has publicly glorified the likes of Adolf Hitler .

Attacks on South Indian establishments became a regular feature, and it was then that the extortion racket under the name of “protection money” began. In 1968, cinema theatres screening Hindi films brought out by South Indian producers were attacked and the shows brought to a halt. The shows began only when considerable sums of money changed hands. Demonstrations were held on government concerns demanding jobs for Maharashtrians, and many of these turned violent.

He only likes people from his state.

Who cares what you have to say, yandugunduwala...? :lol:

If public "shouts" against an enemy country through speeches and articles in media is the bar for "showing" patriotism, then it is.

We can forgive him for attacking South Indians, north Indians , northeast Indians etc.. they are all from Andromeda galaxy and deserved to be attacked.

He did some wrong in the 70's and 80's by campaigning against South Indians, dat his way of creating his marathi votebank.

AND a leader openly voicing his opinion against an enemy state is diff. from ordinary public doing it.

Can you give me a list of Indian politicians who have openly voiced their displeasure against Pak terrorism in a manner as aggressive as Bal Thakeray ?

I dont think he ever turned against Gujaratis.

His campaign was limited to South Indians and then towards North Indians.

He was very wrong in doing that. I dont support that.

Razzi what's the secret of the title of the thread......before coming to this thread i thought Bal Thackerey going to Australia :undecided:

He did some wrong in the 70's and 80's by campaigning against South Indians, dat his way of creating his marathi votebank.

AND a leader openly voicing his opinion against an enemy state is diff. from ordinary public doing it.

Can you give me a list of Indian politicians who have openly voiced their displeasure against Pak terrorism in a manner as aggressive as Bal Thakeray ?

It's okay he abuses his countrymen, because in the end he abuses Pakistan..

Wtf kind of thinking is this?

It's okay he abuses his countrymen, because in the end he abuses Pakistan..

Wtf kind of thinking is this?

Speaking against countrymen is diff. from speaking against pakistan.

dont mix them up. Abusing N/S Indians was for getting votes and he did it during 70's and 80's.

He spoke against pakistan throughout his career.

I was laughing at Amitab, not Bal. I mean, is it really that hard for you guys to understand?

True bro,its hard for me to understand. Sorry for misunderstanding your noble intentions.

AAnyways, its not that I am his blind supporter.

But I think he is better than many of the other politicans that we have.

Just thinking if he die will it create any tension i mean law and order situation in mahrashtra?

Shiv Sainiks shut shops in Mumbai

Shops in most parts of Mumbai have downed their shutters as Shiv Sainiks in Vakola, Shivaji Nagar, Chembur, New Bombay, Andheri, Parel, Dadar, Matunga and other parts of the city where the Shiv Sena has substantial support went on a shop shutting spree.

The Shiv Sena party workers were reacting to reports that Sena chief Bal Thackeray was critical.

Some shops were shut in other areas as many did not want to take a risk in the wake of Thackeray's health concerns.

Shiv Sainiks shut shops in Mumbai - Mumbai - DNA

Speaking against countrymen is diff. from speaking against pakistan.

dont mix them up. Abusing N/S Indians was for getting votes and he did it during 70's and 80's.

He spoke against pakistan throughout his career.

I'm not not trying to get Spark to be on the side of Pakistan.

I'm just saying that the guy sounds like a dumb ***.

Just thinking if he die will it create any tension i mean law and order situation in mahrashtra?

It might, there are thousands of policemen where he lives. All POLICE LEAVES cancelled.

Yes exactly, his only intention was to go down in history as a champion of marathi nationalism.

He didnt care about the rest of the country but ensured that he stays at power and limelight using whatever methods possible.

The campaigns against SouthIndians and north Indians couldnt be sustained for a longer period due to chaged demographics, hence speaking against Pakistan and associating people with Pakistan was his favorite mantra for quite long time. ( Infact he comes to news during cricket matches or comparing some celebrity or politicians with Pakistanis).

Can you give me a list of Indian politicians who have openly voiced their displeasure against Pak terrorism in a manner as aggressive as Bal Thakeray

Most foreign ministers are vocal on incidents, but u are true ....nobody has been consistent like Bal thackarey, guess he shouts the name of Pakistan even in his sleep.

No i don't think so, there has never been tensions in the past in India when a high profile leader died. Indira Gandhi case was different as she was murdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom