What's new

Su-30 MKIs violate Chinese airspace to spy on Lanzhou and Chengdu: Chinese media

Seems like a bit of exaggeration here.
Chendu is about 500 miles into China from Indian border, but the province itself is about 50 km from Arunachal Pradesh. Lanzhou is a good 1000 km away from Arunachal Pradesh. IAF would have to fly clear over Tibet to get here.

I can't see how a flight of 50 kms as claimed by the story reached Lanzhou or Chengdu.

I totally agree with you bro, but we cannot take things lightly. this may even be true, one thing has to be taken into account. With AWACS cover,may be our boys were trying to sniff in their territory.This is what is called Flexing muscle,showing to China that we can penetrate into your air space. On the other hand what is soo surprising to hear is that,as per the story, our fighters got deep into their territory and all the chinese did was just give a warning? and locked our SU30's? lol Wonder if the chinese were sleeping or waiting to see how far we can get into. Well,technically speaking, this cannot be said to be impossible as, we have AWACS and may be we were really trying to find their radar gaps.:azn::hitwall: > I am sure everyone knows that,there are still few good ways to avoid radar detection.

funny ,haven't seen this news in any major military website,are you sure this's our govt work,most google result link to someone's blog,or someone's post in the military forum,looking forward to see this kind of propagandas reported in the state media like "xinhua",that will means chinese govt is done wasting time on talking about "McMahon Line " with india

Last edited:
Nonsense, this says this news that says indians got scared and ran away is as per information released by IA :) Made in China news not for export.

First Pakistan and now china, damn those pesky coward Indians

I dont see need for recon if spy sat has resolution in meters- detecting radar holes; maybe. Probably this is a stunt by CPC to protest SU-30 MKI stationing near to sino-indian border or neutralize indian claims of chinese intrusion :pop:

this is more like a propaganda to me

Eye on China, is India adding muscle on East?
2 Jul, 2009 0325hrs IST TNN[ Rajat Pandit ]

NEW DELHI: India may publicly be very cautious about not ruffling China's prickly feathers but is slowly taking some steps to counter the stark military asymmetry with its much larger neighbour. In the latest such move, the Army now wants a dedicated artillery division for the eastern front.

After getting the Cabinet Committee on Security's approval to raise two new infantry mountain divisions (with around 15,000 combat soldiers each) and an artillery brigade last year, the Army is now pushing the case for the new artillery division, say defence ministry sources.

The proposed artillery division, under the Kolkata-based Eastern Army Command, will have three brigades -- two of 155mm howitzers and one of the Russian `Smerch' and indigenous `Pinaka' multiple-launch rocket systems.

As earlier reported by TOI, IAF has already begun to base its most potent Sukhoi-30MKI fighter jets at Tezpur, with other airbases in the northeast like Chabua next on the roadmap, apart from building new helipads in Arunachal Pradesh.

Even as the Navy tries to counter China's strategic moves in the Indian Ocean Region, India is progressively reactivating old ALGs (advanced landing grounds) like Daulat Beg Oldi, Fukche, Chushul and Nyama in Ladakh after decades of them lying largely unused.

Then, of course, India is also set to conduct another test of the 3,500-km range Agni-III ballistic missile this month, even as work is in progress for the maiden test of the 5,000-km Agni-V missile by mid-2010.

"Though China is way ahead in military capabilities, all we want is a credible active deterrence posture against it. But again, the progress of our various measures to counter Chinese moves, like the huge build-up of military infrastructure in Tibet and south China, remains quite sluggish," said a top official.

Only 10 of the 73 roads earmarked for construction along the Sino-Indian border, for instance, have been built till now. This when the 2.5-million People's Liberation Army can move two divisions to the border within a month.

The importance of the proposed artillery division can be gauged from the fact that India has only two such formations till now. Both are primarily tasked for the western front with Pakistan, one under the Chandimandir-based Western Command and the other under Pune-based Southern Command.

All Army divisions and corps, including those in the eastern sector, have their own integral artillery brigades. But a dedicated artillery division will give the Eastern Army commander a `potent' force with long-range, high-volume firepower, having as it will guns and rocket systems, missiles and UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles).

The Army's Rs 15,000 crore artillery modernisation programme continues to be hampered by a series of kickback scandals. The project to procure 140 ultra-light howitzers for Rs 2,900 crore, for instance, needs to get going since it will ensure artillery can be deployed in forward, inaccessible areas at short notice with the help of helicopters.

Commedy & tragedy at its very best.would surely like to see this story recreated into a chinese movi and JAKIE CHAN acting as the savior of CHINA or a chinese spy or something like that.HE HE HEE HE

What BS. I can see them flying near the border and going even entering Tibetan airspace but to spy? Why? Sats are safe up in heaven and do the same thing faster and better. The Flankers don't need to be risked.
Also to take not is the training IAF has recieved from IDF against the S-300 missile systems which are also in service with the Indian military. According to some rumors the quality of Russian S-300 missiles is not that great. Its weak when jammed by EW. That would make sense since this missile was introduced in the 80's.

What BS. I can see them flying near the border and going even entering Tibetan airspace but to spy? Why? Sats are safe up in heaven and do the same thing faster and better. The Flankers don't need to be risked.
QUOTE]

The chinese took down a US sattelite some moons ago.. How far in the heavens are the Indian satellites?

QUOTE]

The chinese took down a US sattelite some moons ago.. How far in the heavens are the Indian satellites?

are you sure that was us satellite coz i think that was old Chinese satellite. :D

This is bs.Indians dont have balls to do that certainly with China unless they want 62 doze again.

This is so hard to believe! Either this news source is spreading some kind of propaganda or all of a sudden India has become a super power! Spying on bordering areas is believable, but spying on Chengdu and Lanzhou is very hard to digest! Moreover it mentions Jane's report, but I couldn't find any such report on the net! Oh! by the way when did we invade Pakistan?:what::undecided:

Yea, the whole invasion thing of Pakistan proves that this article is 100% propaganda and BS.

Trust me, that would be the end of India if they did something like that to Pakistan! :smokin: War would have been declared and our countries would have been fighting right now!

Yea, the whole invasion thing of Pakistan proves that this article is 100% propaganda and BS.

Trust me, that would be the end of India if they did something like that to Pakistan! War would have been declared and our countries would have been fighting right now!

Lol... what a comment ! :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom