What's new

Future of PAF Pakistan is Saab JAS and J11B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully you chaps will do better than RSA did! Brain drain forced us to buy the Gripens instead of building more of our own Mirages. Budget cuts ensure that they are grounded and last I checked none of the fleet was combat operational. A bloody shame.

Gripen makes no sense for PAF.

As the JF-17 gets better with block 2/block 3 it will become an equal of of the Gripen. I expect Block 3 JF-17 to have very similar capabilities as the Gripen NG.

Remember that Chinese military technology is progressing faster than anyone else and will do so for a considerable period of time into the future.

What significant advantage does it offer over JF-17 .... ??

& a humble advice do not post wiki links ....
None, whatsoever, except maybe speculative supersonic maneuverability due to canards...

None, whatsoever, except maybe speculative supersonic maneuverability due to canards...

yaap i know ..... that's why I asked this from OP ......

1st this is Information about JAS Fighter 2nd I didn't say this is my own research so I can provide this
3rd I'm a realistic person I know JF17 is back bone but there are many other thing as well 4th Go and ask to Pakistan Air force, do they want SAAB JAS or not answer is yes Because I have had this information since 1997 Ok 5th I also belong to them who fully support JF17 as own aircraft in Air force.
6th every air force use different type of jets in different mode our Navy wants J11b why???
Because it is best choice against big Indian Navy.

Pakistan only need some thing to deliver nukes... no more conventional war.
While, Indians are so convinced of this philosophy, that they are not interested to buy any newer fighters, rather they are focusing to organize a moles in political system to decapitate Pakistani nukes and to get into a deal to buy ready made nukes from US / France.

AlhumduLillah I'm taxpayer and a loyal Muslim of Pakistan.

In that case the answer is 'NO'. We don't need JAS. Jf-17 is actually VERY CLOSE in performance to the original JAS model. Besides, JAS costs ~ 100 million a pop while the JF-17 costs 25 million a pop for similar capabilities. You'd rather have 4X Thunders on a mission with high mission integrity than having one JAS for the same price!

Even for someone with very limited knowledge of combat aircraft, JF-17 just seems like the "logical" sense, financially and technically!

Arguments of choosing JF-17 Thunder over JAS-39 Gripen

please go through this thread
KLaNd.png
JxOwXWU.jpg

Reactions: HRK
1st this is Information about JAS Fighter 2nd I didn't say this is my own research so I can provide this
3rd I'm a realistic person I know JF17 is back bone but there are many other thing as well 4th Go and ask to Pakistan Air force, do they want SAAB JAS or not answer is yes Because I have had this information since 1997 Ok 5th I also belong to them who fully support JF17 as own aircraft in Air force.
6th every air force use different type of jets in different mode our Navy wants J11b why???
Because it is best choice against big Indian Navy.

My dear any jet offer a 'performance package' to the operating force ..... PAF has opted JF -17 as it offers the same package indigenously ..... potentially Gripen will have the same role in PAF as JF-17 ..... so it not worth to think about JAS Gripen because it will cost you heavily ..... Pakistan has come long way from 90s it 2013 and beginning of 2014 we are working at Blk II ...... so no to Gripen .....

Regards,

We don't have money and if we somehow get money better we stick to JF-17 BlockII and J-10b and if navy really wants we can go for J-11 B because easy to get spare parts no conditions and if want can go for TOT

JF-17 does resemble a lot with Gripen. Although Gripen still has some way more advanced technologies like avionics, sensor fusion, enhanced situational awareness, better data-link. But thunder's gonna catchup soon IA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom