What's new

Sri Lanka - China's Israel in Indian Ocean

1254386674760.jpg

Even when China is stronger now, SG will continue to do so. So I do not think I am harsh on it.

It just takes care of itself and has no regard or no interest about the motherland where it comes from.

Just like the US, even though initially its population came from Europe, it did not blink a little bit to sell UK's nuclear secrets to Russia so that Russia can sign the treaty.

Every now and then, you can see SG's former premier Lee Kuanyew wrote on Forbes about how to contain China. SG's military link with Taiwan is always there as well.

SG has never sought any military help from China and indeed it is pretty anti-communism all the time. The relationship became a little better only for the recent years, while it is still all business since SG need diversification and China is such a golden opportunity. At most, I just think SG is just a gold digger.

I definitely will not put my trust on it.

Your requirements are too harsh on the Singapore.
Is China too weak, We can not protect SG. SG had no choice!

That is our fault! Do not blame Singapore, It has done very well, It Protection of the many Chinese in Singapore. It guarantees the presence of Chinese in the Straits of Malacca.

More than 5,000 posts & 3,800 thanks !!! Still your English is so poor. Maybe it is also due to India as you are so much full of hate against India that you forgot to learn proper English. Better luck next time kid with your irrelevant, thoughtless comments.

Indian have a habbit of being proud of speaking english, but dont consider the other nations in the same way. Maybe english is very important for you like it makes you uper class in india, but for chinese it is just a foiregn language, nothing else.

what is up with "china's israel"? i don't like the term at all.

Sri Lanka foreign minister with Chinese special envoy to Sri Lanka from Foreign Affairs Leading Group of the CPC that exercises supervision on foreign affairs.

1-12.jpg

This is a genuine question

What is the importance of Sri Lanka in the region other than the fact that it shares border with India ?. Is it due to the presence of a major Shipping channel or the US base in Diego Garcia ?.

This is a genuine question?

What is the importance of Sri Lanka in the region other than the fact that it shares border with India ?. Is it due to the presence of a major Shipping channel or the US base in Diego Garcia ?.

Its a major trans shipment port in the Indian Ocean. It means all the cargo's which are going through the Indian ocean- be it from Middle east or from the Europe, Colombo is the only option @

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world's_busiest_transshipment_ports

But dont worry that status will fast change..

Yesterday PM opened one in Kerala. :smokin: ( India's first).

PM opens Vallarpadam container terminal - The Times of India

Do read it .. its got some good information.

Vallarpadam and Vizhinjam may solve the problems for India. Is there any port/possibility in India that can converted as a major hub like Colombo or Singapore.

Vallarpadam and Vizhinjam may solve the problems for India. Is there any port/possibility in India that can converted as a major hub like Colombo or Singapore.

I am counting more on the Vizhinjam project, Trivandrum.. When its completed its gonna be the biggest port of the nation. Kerala is gonna get transformed into a Singapore like nation with major ports coming up and the ongoing IT expansions.

it's meaningless to compare sri lanka with israel. Israel is surrounded by adverseries & US uses Israel to keep Arabs at bay.. israel uses that leverage & at times gets away with murder!! whereas the geopolitical situation is not the same in our neck of thr woods. by killing couple of poor indian fishermen, if sri lanka starts thinking that they suddenly bcecome bold israel of indian ocean & that would impress their masters... that's a gross miscalculation!!

I am counting more on the Vizhinjam project, Trivandrum.. When its completed its gonna be the biggest port of the nation. Kerala is gonna get transformed into a Singapore like nation with major ports coming up and the ongoing IT expansions.
Leave singapore worry about kerala becoming another kashmir.;)

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom