What's new

Sri Lanka - China's Israel in Indian Ocean

Sri Lanka receiving $1 billion aid from China (Economic aid).

China biggest foreign donor of Sri Lanka.

We also receive $350 million as Military aid.

That's very good.

Is it the annual amount or total till-date ?

Just curious what are the corresponding numbers for Pakistan (economic aid and military aid) ?

Even if it's 350 million USD, that looks a very good number.

lol everybody trying to become israel,even they dont know that israel can hold gulf together...............
let the china to hold its neighbors first then think about others

It will be quit interesting that the PLAN has a base in Sri Lanka.Anyway China needs to invest more in Lanka to improve the infrastructure,creat more jobs and develop tight relation.Sri Lanka will be a very powerful partner after Pakistan in South Asia.

I won't complain China. They want to stretch their muscles; so they need to be friends with whatever countries India shares border. I can understand that. But i don't understand these minions. Remember a nearby enemy(India) is better than a distant friend (China)

I do not think CN and SG has that a good relationship. Even though majority of SG is Chinese descendents, well, I am not sure whether they still value themselves that way, SG walks closest with US, not China.

Every now and then, SG will likely to pose itself as the front dog for US to bash China.

So I really would not like to see Sri Lanka that way. We have no dispute with Sri Lanka and we indeed try to help them. In addition, the relationship should be mutual beneficial since Sri Lanka will be a good port for Chinese and foreign Goods shipping to and from Europe and Mideast.

Sri Lanka will not be China's Israel.

Sri Lanka will be China's Singapore.

That's very good.

Is it the annual amount or total till-date ?

Just curious what are the corresponding numbers for Pakistan (economic aid and military aid) ?

Even if it's 350 million USD, that looks a very good number.

Chinese Annual Aid to Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka receiving $1 billion aid from China (Economic aid).

China biggest foreign donor of Sri Lanka.

We also receive $350 million as Military aid.

Sri Lanka - China's Israel in Indian Ocean
Srilanka must have nukes and long range missiles too to fit the analogy of israel and also to ward off threats and bullying from its large neighbours.

Srilanka must have nukes and long range missiles too to fit the analogy of israel and also to ward off threats and bullying from its large neighbours.
:lol::lol::lol:

really a great post

I do not think CN and SG has that a good relationship. Even though majority of SG is Chinese descendents, well, I am not sure whether they still value themselves that way, SG walks closest with US, not China.

Every now and then, SG will likely to pose itself as the front dog for US to bash China.

So I really would not like to see Sri Lanka that way. We have no dispute with Sri Lanka and we indeed try to help them. In addition, the relationship should be mutual beneficial since Sri Lanka will be a good port for Chinese and foreign Goods shipping to and from Europe and Mideast.

Your requirements are too harsh on the Singapore.
Is China too weak, We can not protect SG. SG had no choice!

That is our fault! Do not blame Singapore, It has done very well, It Protection of the many Chinese in Singapore. It guarantees the presence of Chinese in the Straits of Malacca.

According to Chin's official in US, he called Pakistan as China's Israel in South Asia, about Sri Lanka i heard first time or it is your adding?
All circumstances fit on Pakistan to prove that it is China's Israel.
I am not recommending Sri Lanka to be a Israel because you don't know how difficulties you will face or oppositions you may face.
Look at Pakistan, we know! isn't? WOT on eastern & western border.

The differnces are, Chinese regard Pakistan as a brother. Not only do we have respect for one another, we also support eachother in times of need. America and Israel does not share the same bond.:pakistan::china:

China Sri Lanka Friendship Association connected to Sri Lankan Foreign Ministry & Chinese Foreign Ministry & Foreign Affairs Leading Group of the CPC.

China Sri Lanka Friendship Association official think tank of both governments.

yes,nukes are weapons for peace.
everybody must have nukes..

1)Afghanistan must have nukes.
2)Bhutan must have nukes
3)maldives must have nukes....

Honestly thank you India for making it easy. You neighbours are looking to China because of your dickish behaviour on the subcontinent.

To be more accurate,its more to do China's global standing,and the fact that,with ease China overshadows India in every field.

Sri Lanka is well aware of the significance of India during its civil war.

Like anyother nation of the subcontinent Sri Lanka will try to make the best of the geo-politics for itself.

China Sri Lanka Friendship Association remains the official think tank of both governments.

China Sri Lanka Friendship Association connected to Sri Lankan Foreign Ministry & Chinese Foreign Ministry & Foreign Affairs Leading Group of the CPC.

Foreign Affairs Leading Group of the CPC that exercises supervision on foreign affairs. It is currently chaired by Hu Jintao (Chinese President) & contains several senior members of the People's Republic of China's leadership.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom