What's new

Spymaster Petraeus may inflame ties with Pakistan

well the truth is pakistan is getting k-l aid because of drones.Many are not able to figure that

well the truth is pakistan is getting k-l aid because of drones.Many are not able to figure that

What aid from KLL?

I believe FM Hafeez pointed out that barely $300 million had been disbursed so far. I don't think that level of aid offers the US any sort of control over Pakistan.

3)USAF,Marine Air Wings, if they want, have the capability blow the PAF in half a day.So save the jingo cr@p.

What strategic purpose will be served by 'blowing the PAF/PA/PN in half a day', even if Pakistan shoots down a drone?

Regardless of Indian and some Western propaganda, a collapse of Pakistan's military would result in a huge security vacuum that would allow extremism/insurgency/terrorism to spread significantly and potentially turn Pakistan into an Afghanistan or Somalia.

So what exactly was the point of invading Afghanistan?

AM is there any verifiable evidence other than his claim for that?Very much happy if you give a link that verifies his statement

Taliban infiltrate Afghan forces:

People in Kandahar happy over release of 500 Taliban fighters:
I never denied the issue of terrorist infiltration, with the speed and number being recruited and trained in the current situation it not something surprising.The afghan MOD has put extra measures to make sure it doesnt happen in the future.

Your claims in the earlier post regarding the pilot involved in the killing of 8 coalition being a Taliban sympathiser is not true, check out Tolonews(since i cant post links) for the facts behind the incident.

People in Kandahar happy over release of 500 Taliban fighters:
A former member of Parliament with a personal grudge against the gov doesnt speak for the whole people of Kandahar, the average Kandahari like any other afghan is simply sick of fightings and bombings, the escape of these terrorists will only contribute to their misery.

bad situation for Pakistan let's all pray because I see difficult times ahead don't count on this Rmy or politicians to save us they won't we need to stand up against this agression hope that god saves our country

bad situation for Pakistan let's all pray because I see difficult times ahead don't count on this Rmy or politicians to save us they won't we need to stand up against this agression hope that god saves our country

why would god save your country when he not the one who ruined it.

What strategic purpose will be served by 'blowing the PAF/PA/PN in half a day', even if Pakistan shoots down a drone?

Nothing will be served nor did I claim anything will be served. Just that the US doesnt take kindly to its assets being shot down by 'allies'.

Regardless of Indian and some Western propaganda, a collapse of Pakistan's military would result in a huge security vacuum that would allow extremism/insurgency/terrorism to spread significantly and potentially turn Pakistan into an Afghanistan or Somalia.

So what exactly was the point of invading Afghanistan?

Not my argument.

My only point being Pakistan will not shoot down any drones for the simple fact those in command know that wil be the very excuse US will be looking for launching ops inside Pakistan.

Nothing will be served nor did I claim anything will be served. Just that the US doesnt take kindly to its assets being shot down by 'allies'.

Not my argument.

My only point being Pakistan will not shoot down any drones for the simple fact those in command know that wil be the very excuse US will be looking for launching ops inside Pakistan.

Pakistan has already shot a US spy plane near Kasur in 2002, & hence, it is neither in anyone's interest (which won't be happening anyways) that the US starts a full scale war against Pakistan.

Pakistan has already shot a US spy plane near Kasur in 2002, & hence, it is neither in anyone's interest (which won't be happening anyways) that the US starts a full scale war against Pakistan.

Thats what the PAF wants you guys to believe - their machoness. Happy believing it.

And yeah shooting a drone will not be in the interests of anyone - more so in the case of Pakistan than anyone. The US does not face an existential crisis if it leaves Afg.

It has plenty of weapons - military,economic,diplomatic - with which it can hurt Pak.

And my point is that the US 'escalating the situation' into a military confrontation will only defeat whatever little we know about US objectives in the region - stabilizing it to prevent the influence of extremism and terrorists.

Hence, whether or not the US takes 'kindly' to its drones being shot down (for whose operation in Pakistan the US has no legal cover), there is little the US can do that will not involve 'escalating' the issue into a military confrontation that will in turn be even more detrimental to US objectives.

That said, Pakistan does not want to get to a point where it has to shoot down US drones either - it is in both sides interest to 'give and take'. I would argue that it is the US's turn to deliver on the 'strategic long term relationship with Pakistan' it keeps blabbing about.

This will be a great test for Pakistan leadership how would they respond to the threat of Petraeus since they released RD. If Pakistan didn't do anything, we will be NOT be surprised.

Give & Take policy for Pakistan-US relationship, maybe more aid and F-16 Blk 52. That's it.

If the US directly attacks Pakistan in force, it will unleash a wave of terrorist reprisals that will make 9/11 look like a Sunday picnic.

Pakistan is not Iraq or Afghanistan and, when fighting the world's hyperpower, only a fool fights head on. The relatives of the victims of latest drone strikes have already vowed to target American assets in revenge.

The US, on the contrary, looks forward to scale it up. Good for us, bad for terrorists and their supporters.

In my opinion,in case USA extends its WOT inside Pakistan...it is not at all good for us. A lesson to be learned...that if USA can fight with with its trusted ally like Pakistan then it is a warning bell for India too....So dont get too excited with USA extending its war to Pak. God forbid if it happens it will have a adverse amount of Political and military Impact on India....

Back
Top Bottom