What's new

South Asian White Skin obsession

Yes they do, but to a lesser extent when compared to indians.

But you shouldn't act as if the white skin obsession is only limited to South Asia, in fact in Arab countries the more fairer you are the more your cost/ respect you receive, in fact Gulf Arabs put a high price tag on Blond Haired Blue eyed women/men.

Secondly, why is it that plastic surgery is most popular in Arab countries, you'll see almost every Arab women who can afford to with a nose job, why?

I believe your mostly speaking of the Gulf Arab Oil Rich states, yes Gulf Arabs look up to white,s racism against the darker skinned ones and Sudanese exist. Actually it's not limited to South Asia but East Asia and Middle East even parts of Africa.

I'm guessing this is like height and weight in the west.

I think they'll get over it, and care more about height and weight too. :P

The more south you go the more obsessions with white skin increases, which is why the obsession intensifies in india where many girls can't even find a marriage partner due to their dark skin color. Sad indeed.

People are always obsessed with what they don't have, people in US (girls) obsesses over tan, some of my friends b*t(H me every summer because I have naturally tan color. Similarly people in India like white skin because it is hard to get because of hard sunny days. Plus people who usually have dark skin are those who work in the sun and do physical labor, so you can guess it can also show status.

People are always obsessed with what they don't have, people in US (girls) obsesses over tan, some of my friends b*t(H me every summer because I have naturally tan color. Similarly people in India like white skin because it is hard to get because of hard sunny days. Plus people who usually have dark skin are those who work in the sun and do physical labor, so you can guess it can also show status.

In the west, I dont think skin tone matters as much.

Like I said.

2 main things in the west.

Height and weight.

Is there an Obsession for Lighter skin in Pakistan similar to the one in India.

Yes there is, but to a lesser extent when compared to india, my Grandfather has blue eyes and pale skin, he's a Pashtun (ethnic Afghan) and so is my grand mother, however my grandmother has light brown eyes and light olive skin tone.

And i can give examples of many other people in my family as well.

Can't speak for india but land of Pakistan (Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Kashmir, Sindh, and Balochistan) always had naturally fair people for centuries before these creames were invented. And its not only in South Asia, people in Middle East also prefer light skin beauties more than dark skin beauties same in South America and East Asia.

And no one in Pakistan wants to look British or Amreekan.

The light skinned Pakistanis do not look British or American, and we don't like British/American features.

Same is the case in Southern Punjab and Sindh in Pakistan, most of the elite (feudal lords) are fair skinned while the common man who works the field in the scorching sun is dark skinned and considered very low in society (at least in that area).

Can't speak for india but land of Pakistan (Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Kashmir, Sindh, and Balochistan) always had naturally fair people for centuries before these creames were invented. And its not only in South Asia, people in Middle East also prefer light skin beauties more than dark skin beauties same in South America and East Asia.

And no one in Pakistan wants to look British or Amreekan.

The light skinned Pakistanis do not look British or American, and we don't like British/American features.

Not true if you been to South America or Mexico it's a mix.

So the British are behind this ? South Asians feel they need White skin to match the english ?

No. People preferred light skin over dark skin for centuries in all parts of the world.

Why were there segregation in the U.S. uptil the 1960's ;)

Back
Top Bottom