What's new

Some unseen photographs of 1965 War

Of course Indian Army reached Barki but could not cross BRB canal to march towards Lahore.

oaay.jpg

Doesn't matter even without crossing the canal our main purpose of saving Kashmir was fulfilled. ;) While the same war led to the downfall of Ayub Khan when Bhutto fooled him. :lol:

This thread makes it look as if the Pakistani Army defeated India lock stock and barrel!! :undecided: :omghaha:

The reason why they launched Op Grand Slam/Gibraltar culminating in the 1965 war was to capture Kashmir! But then how come Kashmir is still with India if they won the war? :what: Something doesn't add up!! Pardon my ignorance! :hitwall: :lol:

So, what rifles you used in 1965 war.

No matter what rifles Pak Army used in 1965, they were not G-3 for sure.

Doesn't matter even without crossing the canal our main purpose of saving Kashmir was fulfilled. ;) While the same war led to the downfall of Ayub Khan when Bhutto fooled him. :lol:

How did Bhutto fool Ayub Khan ??

Who WON the war ????:coffee:
I think Pakistan has plus points
Pakistan air force successfully achieved air superiority Our Its Land even the numbers were on indian side
Pakistan army was able to stop indian attack and successfully defended their land again numbers game was on the indian side
After Pakistan dwarka operation
The Ministry of Defence had issued written instructions which ordered the Indian Navy "not to proceed two hundred miles beyond Bombay nor North of the parallel of Porbander
1965 War, the Inside Story: Defence Minister Y.B. Chavan's Diary of India-Pakistan War

Pakistan wasnt able to achieve its main goal freedom of kashmir
Nor Did the india So its a tie

No matter what rifles Pak Army used in 1965, they were not G-3 for sure.

You can name them. Moreover, those black and white image is not clear to identify the model of guns.

Who WON the war ????:coffee:

there were plus & minus points on both sides, each side had their share of success & failures, in the run up to the battle from Rann of kutch Pakistan performed better , while in Kashmir India performed better , battle started, Punjab Pakistan performed better ,Kashmir India performed better, Sindh/Rajasthan both India & Pakistan performed well against each other

so ultimately it was a stalemate

the ultimate performers who deserves respect were as follows

Indian general's + 1

Pakistan soldiers & air force pilots +1

results : quid pro quo

Kashmir was already free n in a better situation before pakistan attacked...isnt it ,,,,,

I think Pakistan has plus points
Pakistan air force successfully achieved air superiority Our Its Land even the numbers were on indian side
Pakistan army was able to stop indian attack and successfully defended their land again numbers game was on the indian side
After Pakistan dwarka operation 1965 War, the Inside Story: Defence Minister Y.B. Chavan's Diary of India-Pakistan War

Pakistan wasnt able to achieve its main goal freedom of kashmir
Nor Did the india So its a tie

Yeah conquering a small town/village on the suburbs of Lahore was worth the death of 3000 Indian soldiers. I know. ;)

Yeah I know. Only solace from 65 war for you guys.
"Yeah conquering a small town/village on the suburbs of Lahore was worth the death of 3000 Indian soldiers. I know."

The pictures I posted before on this thread speak otherwise. You disrespect the entire 1st Armoured Regiment's(Pakistan) sacrifice while facing the Indian forces on the Canal. It lost almost 84 tanks(not all irrecoverable) as opposed to India's 4(irrecoverable). Source - Melville de Mellow (28, November 1965)

"Only solace from 65 war for you guys" - other than -
1. Operation Gibralter
2. Operation Grand Slam
3. Battle of Asal Uttar
4. Battle of Ichogil Bund

In fact it is very very unfortunate that you don't remember the battle of Chawinda - the only instance of a local Pakistani tactical success against India. In Chamb the PA had an upper hand but squandered it. If you have had any military knowledge/background you would understand. From an emotional point of view - you can go ahead and believe that the Pak army captured Delhi for all I care. :coffee:

"Yeah conquering a small town/village on the suburbs of Lahore was worth the death of 3000 Indian soldiers. I know."

The pictures I posted before on this thread speak otherwise. You disrespect the entire 1st Armoured Regiment's(Pakistan) sacrifice while facing the Indian forces on the Canal. It lost almost 84 tanks(not all irrecoverable) as opposed to India's 4(irrecoverable). Source - Melville de Mellow (28, November 1965)

1. Operation Gibralter
2. Operation Grand Slam
3. Battle of Asal Uttar

In fact it is very very unfortunate that you don't remember the battle of Chawinda - the only instance of a local Pakistani tactical success against India. In Chamb the PA had an upper hand but squandered it. If you have had any military knowledge/background you would understand. From an emotional point of view - you can go ahead and believe that the Pak army captured Delhi for all I care. :coffee:

You should know.. Pakistanis love creating history ;)

1. Operation Gibralter
2. Operation Grand Slam
3. Battle of Asal Uttar

Yeah yeah just to cheer you up, you "won" the 65 war. Happy now??? :lol:

wow at Ayub Khan speech, no wonder now baniyas only at best refuse to play cricket :lol:

Back
Top Bottom