What's new

Sikh To Death, a War nerd's tribute to Sikh warriors

Oh balbir singh mein social status ya caste system di gal kariyan waan.Body builder tay sportsmanan di nahin.

Sohnya soch samj k gal karya kar!

Makhana mai social status de isse lae gall nahi kitte kyon ke india ch mai kisse nu uccha nivvan nahi samjda tae na he eh gall Hindu jats naal ve dukkhivee baithde hai.
Firr ve tu pakka jawab bhalda, lae firre

Koi farak nahi hai ohna dae social status tae ekk amm hindu dae status ch.

Ahhh failed in history, let me correct it.

If you would have born during Great Guru gobind singhs time, your family would have given you to be a sikh soldier for saving just HINDUS. or in short your family itself, during those times it was hindus who needed to be saved and helped. Sikhs fought wars and didnt ever asked for help/saving

Sikh have long history of helping out hindus.

I didn't understand your point.. do you want to say that if I would be a Sikh I always help Hindus (or my family) and would never ever help any of my Sikh brother or Sister even being the same?? Either you are wrong somewhere or am I missing something there??

Oh pra mein hindu ya sikh ya musalman dey caste system di gal kar riya see.

chal chad jigr... tou mera veer ash kar.

I didn't understand your point.. do you want to say that if I would be a Sikh I always help Hindus (or my family) and would never ever help any of my Sikh brother or Sister even being the same?? Either you are wrong somewhere or am I missing something there??

What i meant is that the ritual of raising eldest son as sikh came into existence only after mughals started forced conversions of hindus and it was common belief that raising a sikh son would save hindus as he would fight against mughals and in turn would save them from forced conversions.
I hope you got answer or do i need to elaborate more?

What i meant is that the ritual of raising eldest son as sikh came into existence only after mughals started forced conversions of hindus

AFAIK , mughals started forced conversions way before than this.

And your post gives the impression that all hindus were cowards. And while raising their eldest son as sikh, they were thinking " let the sikhs die for us, why should we care ? " Bhai, eldest son is the most important child in a family, when you give him to a faith that is always out of a very deep respect which hindus had ( many like me still have ) for sikhs!

While I agree that sikh lives were martyred so hindus could retain their faith.

Karthik,
Your opinion about the Rajputs is... well.. I cant think of any word to describe it. Anyways, your theory is that though there were Rajputs who were brave... we had bad apples in there... and so the whole of Rajputs are rotten. Using your own theory, if the Tamilians were a united bunch, can you please let us know what the Cholas, Cheras, Pandyas etc existed instead of a single "Tamil" entity? My point being, divisions and differences are part of politics.. in past, present and future.

Ah..I never ever questioned the bravery or the spirit of the Rajputs.Just some of the Rajput's treachereous nature of siding with the invaders against their own kind..

And please dont put words in my mouth.All i said was few bad apples can have a tarnishing effect even if the absolute majority are extremely good.

As for the bolded part..that was wat the Rajputs lacked..we fougt all we wanted amongst ourselves,,but wen it came to outsiders we joined as Tamils and gave a united front (and then we resumed our infighting is another matter :lol:).

Yes indeed... during a short period in history, Tamilians did rule few of territories. Similarly, parts of Tamil territory were being ruled by their neighbours on their northern borders for extended periods of time. Would it imply that Tamilians were inferior to them? I dont think so.

arey yaar....few parts of the border territory ruled for sometimes doesnt make u inferior and moreover there was a difference between foreigners(Mughals) and our neighbours out here down.

Similarly, there have been points in time when the Rajputs had become subsidiaries of the powerful Mughals. To pick out these instances as a proof of the Rajputs being inferior to anyone is an injustice beyond words! So I think you should follow the advice of the gentleman who asked you to brush up your history! Maybe something other than non-Tamil, probably start with the Rajputs.

OMG did i offend u guys so much.?:what: all i said was if some of the Rajout chieftain had not joined hands with the Mughals and instead fought them with a united leadership I have no doubt that they could have sent the Mughals to the pace they originally belonged to.
Wen Maharana Pratap alone can "play" with the mighty Mughal army alone..imagine wat a united Rajput army would have done to the Mughals.

Instead they were ruled by the empires with origin in Karnataka and Andhra. So what?

That happened wen??infact southern parts of Karnataka were under the Tamil Chera kingdon for long parts of their history.

Having a strong neighbour up north always helps!
Similarly, the people residing in the northern plains ought to be grateful to the Punjabis and the Rajputs for facing the brunt of the invaders.

Grateful is a too big a word buddy...the consequences faced were solely of the infighting amongs urselves and the inability to join under a united leadersip to repulse the invaders.

p.s.: Shall we leav it out here..im tired of explainig to u ppl and frankly every one gets touched wen it concern their tribe.

So lets all be Indians...It is way easy..:cheers:

So lets all be Indians...It is way easy..:cheers:[/QUOTE]
@ karthik suri
How easily after offending a community you told this. If Unity among Indians is your intention then you should not have not to offend a particular community who is also Indians(in Majority).

AFAIK , mughals started forced conversions way before than this.

And your post gives the impression that all hindus were cowards. And while raising their eldest son as sikh, they were thinking " let the sikhs die for us, why should we care ? " Bhai, eldest son is the most important child in a family, when you give him to a faith that is always out of a very deep respect which hindus had ( many like me still have ) for sikhs!

While I agree that sikh lives were martyred so hindus could retain their faith.

I never meant this. You got my post in wrong sense.
I respect shiva ji also for his bravery.
But on real neutral terms my post was a true one.

Thanks for posting the link..it would have been hard for me coz i am on mobile.

General Zorawar Singh rose from being a soldier to becoming a General.A very honest man who lived a modest life.Left no property or wealth for his family.

Europeans called him "Napolean of India" for his military stratergies.

And i personally believe that today Leh & Laddakh region are in India coz of him.

I know there are muslim rajputs in hamachal but are there any muslim rajputs in punjab or other parts of india today?

What i meant is that the ritual of raising eldest son as sikh came into existence only after mughals started forced conversions of hindus and it was common belief that raising a sikh son would save hindus as he would fight against mughals and in turn would save them from forced conversions.
I hope you got answer or do i need to elaborate more?

Balbir, While I find your post correct but still find tone offensive like your earlier post.. The notion which I found from my sikh friends and seniors that while Sikhism is primarily based on philosphy of Guru Nanak Sahib and subsequent Gurus, the Khalsa panth and army was created by Guru Gobind sahib to fight Mughals for fighting atrocities of Mughals...Hindu's eldest son has been given to Guru Gobind sahib not only for saving family from forced conversion of Hindus but to build a large Khalsa army to fight Mughals as one motive...Remember not all sikhs were Khalsa Sikhs like Bhai Nandlal and Bhai Kanhaiya..While all Hindu's were Khalsa Sikhs..

I know there are muslim rajputs in hamachal but are there any muslim rajputs in punjab or other parts of india today?

They are in every province of north India(u.p, bihar, m.p, haryana, rajsthan, gujrat etc). however in less number than pakistan. however they are more than 1.5 million in u.p alone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom