What's new

Sikh families leave Orakzai after Taliban demand jizia

2. What is jizya?

Protection Money.

3. What is the penalty if one fails to pay jizya?

In most cases its death or one has to convert.

Recent Example.
Iraq
The most notorious kidnapping case of a Christian cleric was that of Chaldean Archbishop Paulus Faraj Rahho in Mosul. On February 29, 2008, Archbishop Rahho was kidnapped in Mosul. Rahho died in captivity and his body was found on March 13, 2008. The leader of the kidnappers, described by the Iraqi Government as a Sunni Islamist al-Qa'ida leader, was captured, tried, and sentenced to death in May 2008. News accounts reported that the kidnapping was the result of Archbishop Rahho's refusal or inability to continue to pay the kidnappers protection money, frequently characterized by insurgents as jizya. The Government and Grand Ayatollah Sistani issued statements denouncing the kidnapping of Archbishop Rahho.

Right on the buck Shravan. Its nothing more or less than protection money.

Maybe it has some deeper spiritual meaning in the "real Sharia" I don't know, but in this case it is extortion/protection money pure and simple.

Brother Islam is perfect religion!!

And as zakat is must for those only who can pay!!
Jizya is must for non-muslims, but not for them who cant pay!!

And on sikh's it is imposed by talibans!!
And we dont support talibans!!
They are not 100% on Islam!!

Islam is perfect religion!!

Dont u know muslims khalifa, Hazrat Abbu Bakar, fought war against muslims who were not paying zakat!!:guns:

I m telling u bro Islam Is Perfect!!:smitten:

Brother Islam is perfect religion!!

And as zakat is must for those only who can pay!!
Jizya is must for non-muslims, but not for them who cant pay!!

And on sikh's it is imposed by talibans!!
And we dont support talibans!!
They are not 100% on Islam!!

There is no exemption for anyone who does not wish to pay Jizya !! Imprisonment or until the ability to pay . Jizya is simply a tax that non muslims pay of living in a muslim land and under muslim protection. They do not have to pay any other tax.
If you cant pay Jizya, then the only way out is conversion to Islam

Zakat is obligatory but not compulsory..

A person who can't afford to pay Jizya has to convert to Islam.

No u are wrong!!!

The non-muslim who cant convert, has to jizya!!
This is right!!

There is no exemption for anyone who does not wish to pay Jizya !! Imprisonment or until the ability to pay . Jizya is simply a tax that non muslims pay of living in a muslim land and under muslim protection. They do not have to pay any other tax.
If you cant pay Jizya, then the only way out is conversion to Islam

Zakat is obligatory but not compulsory..

I already have answered ur question!!
Take a look again!!

Dont u know muslims khalifa, Hazrat Abbu Bakar, fought war against muslims who were not paying zakat!!:guns:

I m telling u bro Islam Is Perfect!!:smitten:

Does anybody here really know what exactly Quran says on this?
I have heard so many different versions here ...

Does anybody here really know what exactly Quran says on this?
I have heard so many different versions here ...

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold forbidden that which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.
Qur'an 9:29

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold forbidden that which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.
Qur'an 9:29

and how do you "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold forbidden that which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth" ?

I think she would most certainly be worth more than an American lass! :what:
So by your guesstimate how much will a Pakistani girl cost?

Amazing that you guys find market quotations for girls funny!

I asked Roadrunner to tell me what is the punishment (twice). Did he answer my question.

I don't have a Think Tank belt....:pop:
---

It's good news for India. I hope Roadrunner understands that.
Cool down. If you think he's being difficult, you don't have to be.

Protection Money.

Recent Example.
Iraq
The most notorious kidnapping case of a Christian cleric was that of Chaldean Archbishop Paulus Faraj Rahho in Mosul. On February 29, 2008, Archbishop Rahho was kidnapped in Mosul. Rahho died in captivity and his body was found on March 13, 2008. The leader of the kidnappers, described by the Iraqi Government as a Sunni Islamist al-Qa'ida leader, was captured, tried, and sentenced to death in May 2008. News accounts reported that the kidnapping was the result of Archbishop Rahho's refusal or inability to continue to pay the kidnappers protection money, frequently characterized by insurgents as jizya. The Government and Grand Ayatollah Sistani issued statements denouncing the kidnapping of Archbishop Rahho.
I wasn't asking questions, I was answering them.

The instance of Iraq that you cite is self-explanatory and in fact rebuts your insistence on calling jizah unfair.

"News accounts reported that the kidnapping was the result of Archbishop Rahho's refusal or inability to continue to pay the kidnappers protection money, frequently characterized by insurgents as jizya. The Government and Grand Ayatollah Sistani issued statements denouncing the kidnapping of Archbishop Rahho."

It's fairly logical that "kidnappers" are outlaws. Jizya is collected by the state, which again is not the case in Orakzai agency or was in the Iraq example you cited. The government and Ayotallah Sistani would not have renounced it otherwise.

I asked Roadrunner to tell me what is the punishment (twice). Did he answer my question.

I don't have a Think Tank belt....:pop:
---

It's good news for India. I hope Roadrunner understands that.

Do you think I have 8 eyes 20 computers, 4 hands, and nothing else to do?

I don't know what you're on about?

What punishment? For what?

Originally Posted by shravan
Protection Money.

Recent Example.
Iraq

If it's for this, then I'll say the same repetitive stuff I've been saying before.

Jizya is paid by non Muslims, Zakat by the Muslims. The Jizya is seen by some as a service that the non-Muslims used to pay to the Muslim armies probably due to the frequent invasions by pagan tribes.

I can find numerous instances of criminality in the Islamic world. This does not mean their interpretation of Islam is the mainstream one.

In most Muslim countries, non Muslims do not pay any Jizya, for example Pakistan.

When someone can't pay the Jizya, my interpretation is that the person would go to jail. It's a punishable offence, but that's all that's known. It's like avoiding taxes is a punishable offence. It's definitely not what you're thinking by lifting Hadith and quoting them without any context. That is a fabrication what you're doing.

Back
Top Bottom