What's new

Sikh families leave Orakzai after Taliban demand jizia

I find it carnivalesque that you are trying so hard to defend Jizya. And I have no idea how Shiv Sena is even remotely associated with this matter. By defending everything that happens in your country, you can't prove yourself as patriotic.

You'd be surprised, but I'm one of the most unpatriotic Pakistanis you can find.

I don't defend anything without a reason. Nationalism is not one of them.

And you seriously need to improve your knowledge of history. Aurangzeb revived this method in India, which was stopped by one of his predecessors. It included all the conditions that I mentioned above. This was one of the reasons why Rajputs & Marathas united against him, because Jizya was too harsh to be bearable.

I don't subscribe to the Indian version of the Moghal Empire taught in India. I prefer more neutral sources.

History apart, why would you want to defend source of income of Taliban? You sounded like a 2 year old whn you asserted that it will go to tribal leaders. Taliban is demanding this. Do you mean to say Taliban will only collect it & hand it over to tribal leaders like a good boy?

The Pakistani Taliban are the tribes. The tribes cannot be overrun by any Taliban. They are not Afghanis. The money goes to the Tribal leaders therefore, since they are controlling the territory and enforcing the law. That is how it works in FATA. You don't understand the nature of what's going on.

Can someone answer, is the Zakat required by islamic law to be the same as Jaziya?

Is the Zakat money spent on Muslims and the Jaziya money on non muslims?

And more importantly what is the basis of this Jazia/Jakat?

In civilized world taxes are based on income and noone is sent to Jail / Punished for not earning enough.

Again if every native is Paying a Million rupees as Jakat / Jazia this might just be the most prosperous and wealthy neighbourhood in the world.

Wow SWAT wale chupe rustam nikle!!

I truly believe that GOP has lost FATA. If you cant even impement federal laws and local malitia is making all the rules, how can you call that a part of Pakistan anymore. Foreign power could use this excuse to attack FATA and NWFP that GOP does not have any control over it. I could see them moving south closer to Islamabad, if havn't already they are already at the door step of Peshawar.

oh c'mon roadrunner there is no way even west pakistan had 97% muslim population before partition infact it's impossible coz if that was true then how do you account for the mohajirs who came after partition and added to the muslim population and the number of hindus/sikhs who've left decreasing the non-muslim populatation even further ?
The only way muslims and non-muslim pop percentage could have remained exactly the same in the past 62 years is if your telling me no more muslims came in since partition and no hindus or sikhs left west pakistan and thats absolutely not true.

As usual the point goes right above your head. Normally I don't waste my time replying to your posts, but since i'm in the mood and this is a vile bit of propaganda you're supporting, I will.

Paritosh's implication was that at 80% Muslim, 20% non Muslim after partition (that's his implication), Pakistan's non Muslim community decreases to 3%. That is false and is part of Hindutva propaganda. That was the point of my post.

Somehow, you managed to miss all the gist of that, and spotted I said 97% pre-partition. My point was that it was miniscule pre-partition, it was miniscule post-partition and it's been miniscule to the present day.

Figures if you must. The million or so that crossed over to India was negligible relative to the overall population. the million Muslims that entered West Pakistan was also quite neglibible.

A 1/22th addition, and 1/22th loss for a population = a 2/22th increase in the Muslim population, and a 2/22th decrease in the non Muslim one. Either way, 2/22th does not equal 20% (yes I know you need to multiply by a hundred, so please do not point out this pedantic point either :rolleyes:).

The estimated figures pre partition West Pak, I'd say 93% Muslim, post-partition 97% Muslim, present day, 96% Muslim. There's not a lot of difference.

No.

No.
--

Soon Taliban will start talking about Diyya

Well, this is all a bit of your own opinions.

The Zakat can be spent on anything. It's a tax. It might be used to construct a road. In which case it's spent on the non Muslims also. What the militants in Orakzai are going to spend it on, one can speculate.

And more importantly what is the basis of this Jazia/Jakat?

In civilized world taxes are based on income and noone is sent to Jail / Punished for not earning enough.

Again if every native is Paying a Million rupees as Jakat / Jazia this might just be the most prosperous and wealthy neighbourhood in the world.

Wow SWAT wale chupe rustam nikle!!

Of course. Noone denies that do they?

You pay taxes depending on how much you're earning.

Well, this is all a bit of your own opinions.

The Zakat can be spent on anything. It's a tax. It might be used to construct a road. In which case it's spent on the non Muslims also. What the militants in Orakzai are going to spend it on, one can speculate.

Have you looked at Fateh's questions.
----
And i think Taliban would spend Zakat money on Jihad (Yusuf Al-Qaradawi).

That worries me.

Of course. Noone denies that do they?

You pay taxes depending on how much you're earning.

Jizya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Under Islamic law, jizya or jizyah (Arabic: جزْية‎; IPA: [ʤɪzjæh] Ottoman Turkish: cizye; both derived from Pahlavi and ultimately from Aramaic gaziyat [1]) is a per capita tax levied on a section of an Islamic state's non-Muslim citizens, who meet certain criteria. The tax is/was to be levied on able bodied adult males of military age and affording power,[2] (but with specific exemptions,[3][4] though these were discarded at various points in history[5]). From the point of view of the Muslim rulers, jizya was a material proof of the non-Muslims' acceptance of subjection to the state and its laws, "just as for the inhabitants it was a concrete continuation of the taxes paid to earlier regimes."[6] In return, non-Muslim citizens were permitted to practice their faith, to enjoy a measure of communal autonomy, to be entitled to Muslim state's protection from outside aggression, to be exempted from military service and taxes levied upon Muslim citizens.[7][8][9]

So if its a per Capita tax and Same as Zakat, SWAT people are making a lot more money than what I expected. It is estimated that population of SWAT itself is 1.2 Million and everyone Paying a million. My calculator gives and error if I multiply those kind of numbers...

Back
Top Bottom