What's new

Should France & India co-develop AMCA 5th gen fighter?

PLZ READ THE ARTICLE BEFORE POLLING

• Total voters

DrSomnath999

Reaction score
Country
India
1.France doesnt have any 5th gen fighter program till date now & it has robust aero industry well india can join hand to develop AMCA

2.France & india can contribute positvely financially & technologically on a 50: 50 basis so less financial burden for india
if india develops amca on it's own, as 5th gen fighter are costly platforms

3.Technically india & france can build this platform from scratch as India has technologically no role in PAKfa only it can contribute in FGFA that too would de deployed after induction of PAKFA as india has to induct some russian version of single seater pakfa 1st, so
indian version of FGFA may be inducted in the year 2020-21 .
So india can contribute actively in a 5th gen fighter program with the help & guidance of france
which is another trusted & technologically superior partner of india like russia.

4.India's development & induction of LCA has been a bumpy & tortoise ride & lca mark2 is still going to be developed ,so again that may take some time for induction.So joint partnership with france would surely fasten the process of development and would increase the chances of induction of AMCA faster & success of the AMCA project.

5.France doesnt have any mandatory IPR agreement clause like russia so india can upgrade or use any system of foreign origin in AMCA also india can sell & would have france to promote it's sale to any country which india wants .

6.India always admire french avionics & also french have some cutting edge ECM technology in the world like SPECTRA So india & french could develop far too superior avionics & ECM technolgy for AMCA which may be at par with F22 or superior to it .

7.India has already signed an agreement with SCENCMA to develop kaveri engine jointly so india could use this to power AMCA & LCA.So india doent have to depend upon USA OR RUSSIA for engine & could have have it's dream of indigenoius engine powered
fighter complete.

8.India could incorporate many features it wants on AMCA with the help of a technologically superior partner
like increased stealth features
(a) DSI divertless supersonic intake
(b) frameless canopy
(c) stealthy engine nozzles
(d)more composite concn
(e) serrated weapon bays & doors & many more stealth features

well one can say /argue that india can also develop this thing on its own but it is always better to
jointly develop this things with an experienced player of aero industry

9.India has already planned to develop & is developing X band aesa radar for LCA mark2 ,so french & india could also work on this project ,though french may build it's own aesa radar for it's own version of AMCA if it inducts it .But again french contribution would be very helpful for india.

10.well AMCA with the help of france could be a great asset for INDIAN airforce & may be really a system of indian, western, isreali origin & would be great challenge to F35 ,f22 ,Pakfa & j20 in future in terms of stealth,capabilty & performance.Also it would be useful for france as it could have a 5th gen fighter.

PLEASE NOTE: This is my personal view ,if u dont agree with my views plz be free to critcize me

REGARDS

hmmmmmm......
interesting
but didnt the french already state that their long term strategy revolved around rafales and upgraded mirages
didnt they?

hmmmmmm......
interesting
but didnt the french already state that their long term strategy revolved around rafales and upgraded mirages
didnt they?
yes that's why French should co develop with india in AMCA project for a 5th gen fighter

Increasing your number of projects will cause little headway into any project. In the end you will end up with nothing. Just focus on the partnership with russia and the AMCA

The whole idea of the AMCA is an indigenous 5th gen aircraft, not ANOTHER co-developed one like the PAK-FA.
well i am sorry what is co developed in the name of pakfa can u tell me plz .Well indian version of FFGA is going to be developed after india inducts some russian version of single seater pakfa & that too may be may be in the year of 2020-21

Increasing your number of projects will cause little headway into any project. In the end you will end up with nothing. Just focus on the partnership with russia and the AMCA
well amca is the project that i am stating here not a new project and to make it feasible & early induction i am stating the proposal
of codeveloping also it is another financial burden on india as india
would spend 12 billion dollar on 4.5 gen fighter
10 billion dollar on pakfa
2.2 billion dollar on mirage upgrade deal
Su 30 mki upgrade
lca mark2 development cost
So it is better to have a external financial backing for this project .
Do u know india has sanction 100 crore rupess for developing AMCA project ?>??? so do u think it would be sufficient to develop
such a costly platform with 100 crore rupees

Good suggestion !! Do you think the French will invest on AMCA?

sorry buddy but i think India should try this one indiginously because at some time you have to do it alone say in future.....let it be time taken but it will help us in future...and not to forget we would gain a lot of key technologies because of mmrca...lca was different matter...you know first attempt and many more....my 2 cents.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------[/SIZ

Thanks for your suggestion. anyways AMCA is crucial for India.

well i am sorry what is co developed in the name of pakfa can u tell me plz .Well indian version of FFGA is going to be developed after india inducts some russian version of single seater pakfa & that too may be may be in the year of 2020-21

Not partnership, But we can take their help.

sorry buddy but i think India should try this one indiginously because at some time you have to do it alone say in future.....let it be time taken but it will help us in future...and not to forget we would gain a lot of key technologies because of mmrca...lca was different matter...you know first attempt and many more....my 2 cents.

well mate it looks good for sake of patriotism ,but in terms of practicality & economic feasibilty ,codevelopment may be good as u never know the economic condition of india after 5-7 yrs due to global recession.
also look post no 7

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Not partnership, But we can take their help.
well mate we had take already taken their help for amca by developing kaveri engine jointly.
But the point is economic help & that requires partnership

Developing a 5th gen fighter independently is a bad idea. Even the US and its allies with their military-industrial complexes are huffing and puffing. Co-development will ease the costs and provide a tech edge. To be firmly practical,IMO I still think India should go for only F-35's in combination with a cheap fighter like Gripen or Tejas MK2, and scrap Pak-FA, AMCA amd MMRCA, but that decision seems settled.

Developing a 5th gen fighter independently is a bad idea. Even the US and its allies with their military-industrial complexes are huffing and puffing. Co-development will ease the costs and provide a tech edge. To be firmly practical,IMO I still think India should go for only F-35's in combination with a cheap fighter like Gripen, and scrap Pak-FA, AMCA amd MMRCA, but that decision seems settled.
well mate u are right on 1st half & completely wrong on last part .
well if we scrap Pakfa amca ,china & pakistan would scrap our sweet A$$es
smiley-laughing025.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom