What's new

Should France & India co-develop AMCA 5th gen fighter?

PLZ READ THE ARTICLE BEFORE POLLING

• Total voters
well mate u are right on 1st half & completely wrong on last part .
well if we scrap Pakfa amca ,china & pakistan would scrap our sweet A$$es
smiley-laughing025.gif

Only the future will tell. Don't forget the Russians too are starting from scratch in 5th gen tech just like the Chinese. F-35 IMO has a much better chance at countering J-20. Anyway what is done, is done. We will stick with the Russians.

Only the future will tell. Don't forget the Russians too are starting from scratch in 5th gen tech just like the Chinese.
hold ur guns mate .Stop comparing 40-50 yr ol aero engineering experience of russia with 10-15 yrs aero engineering experience of china which still rely on russia for many key aircraft technologys .A
F-35 IMO has a much better chance at countering J-20. Anyway what is done, is done. We will stick with the Russians.
what F35 has a better chance at countering J-20? :lol: hey man even US is doubting whether it can counter j20 with f35 so they are planning to develop 6th gen fighter & u r talking of countering F35 with j20 .
ONLY F22 & pakfa can challenge J20 in IMO

hold ur guns mate .Stop comparing 40-50 yr ol aero engineering experience of russia with 10-15 yrs aero engineering experience of china which still rely on russia for many key aircraft technologys .A

what F35 has a better chance at countering J-20? :lol: hey man even US is doubting whether it can counter j20 with f35 so they are planning to develop 6th gen fighter & u r talking of countering F35 with j20 .
ONLY F22 & pakfa can challenge J20 in IMO

Hold your guns buddy. We dont know much about any of the fighters under discussion. It just that US has more experience in 5th gen technology.

I personaly feel this will not work out...if you see, India is not even able to seal a kaveri co-development deal with Snecma...french people dont easily part away with their tech and they have very strong labour law system which restricts companies from offshoring the work, especially dis days taking into account the recessionary trends prevailing...

Enhanced co operation can be seen if Rafale wins the tender since both could be only countries to fly them and since they dont have any plans or money for future generations.

If not consultations will be there like in case of LCA and ofcourse te "delays".

maybe with Israel,with France not possible.

Unlikely a 5th Gen Fighter with Israel, However UACV's yes.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

The Idea of this is rather quiet naive Sticking with Russia for now is best.

French are sloppy bargainers and have a record of producing uber costly weapons........ AMCA if made the unit cost will be atleast(minimum) 200 milll/unit.

Hold your guns buddy. We dont know much about any of the fighters under discussion. It just that US has more experience in 5th gen technology.
we would rather love to have guns & roses album rather than thans guns :lol:
well buddy we dont know much about j20 apart from it's flying prototype,but we know slightly better for russian pakfa as they have demonstratedd not only plane protype but also it's X band aesa radar , A2A missiles ,new engine development program ,avionics .

yes US is the most experienced of all nations in 5th gen jets,but F35 cant match to pakfa or J20 like F22 .U better check google what i am stating .

I personaly feel this will not work out...if you see, India is not even able to seal a kaveri co-development deal with Snecma.
well if both govts want then why cant it be possible.
well intially IAF was hesistent to codevelop kaveri engine with Scenema but recently it has cleared codevelopment with france
DRDO in talks with SNECMA on JV of Kaveri Engine, IAF clears engine specs | idrw.org
french people dont easily part away with their tech and they have very strong labour law system which restricts companies from offshoring the work, especially dis days taking into account the recessionary trends prevailing...
well that's not right to say french people dont easily part away with their tech ,well then how they have transferred tech for subs to both india & pakistan .
Labour laws has nothing to do with defence deals ,well if then then how would it do ToT to india for rafale in 128 MMrca bid TELL me???
thats' why for economic recession i am telling codevelopment with joint funding can be very helpful for this AMCA project.

If India takes any boys help i will die of shame . Then chins and pakis.. will say bharatis cant even produce a 5th generation aircraft . Any way we are getting TOT for Rafale ,mki and fgfa we should use this efficiently in AMCA , if still required we can use their avionics and other stuff as in mki . AMCA should be indigenous and nobody should partner . Already we are partnering with Russia for PAKFA and we can do that for Mig MFI .
I dont agree with you

we would rather love to have guns & roses album rather than thans guns :lol:
well buddy we dont know much about j20 apart from it's flying prototype,but we know slightly better for russian pakfa as they have demonstratedd not only plane protype but also it's X band aesa radar , A2A missiles ,new engine development program ,avionics .

yes US is the most experienced of all nations in 5th gen jets,but F35 cant match to pakfa or J20 like F22 .U better check google what i am stating .

I have, thank you very much doctor. Not just google, but a bit more. F-35 now has a production prototype. Yes there are problems. But we dont know ANYTHING about the other two except for carlo knopp and some chinese fanboys. It will take years of testing for them, to get down to the production prototype. But as I said what is done is done. We have hitched ourselves to the Russians. But having two 5th gen aircraft programs? Do you think we can afford that? Years, later perhaps fanboys will talk about THIS spectacular DRDO mistake.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom