What's new

Should France & India co-develop AMCA 5th gen fighter?

PLZ READ THE ARTICLE BEFORE POLLING

• Total voters
why India cannot self made stealth made 5th generation
well man save ur rants for that day when it would be decided to build jointly as it is a personal suggestion by a member of this forum not a government decision until then AMCA is an indigenoius indian jet as it should be .kiindly apart from trolling can u contribute any thing else positive for this thread then post or else SFUP
LaughingCatAnimated.gif

Well honestly speaking it was my personal opinion to codevelop amca with france ,so do u think it is a crime to post such kind of thread :coffee:

Not a crime, but not useful either since the French has no requirement and no interest. Just like it wasn't useful to speculate about the changes of the 3rd T50 prototype right?. ;)

well what upgrades is still classified & u cant say it is just an upgrades...

They are developing weapon pods comparable to what we have seen for the Silent Hornet, but the base airframe will remain the same. The so called "stealth" upgrades will reduce the RCS compared to the current level, but will not be comparable to a stealth fighter with a stealth design and that's why the US keeps focusing on F35 instead of F15s and F18s with stealth features. You can not upgrade a 4. gen airframe design to a 5. gen just by doing some shapings like you seems to believe, that's a complete new development and not what the French are on.

India would only invest so much money on a 5th gen jet program for naval version only that's impossible & impractical

Not really, the investment would be the same or even lower (because you don't have to look at different requirements from different forces), just the orders are lower, since IN would be the only operater, but we could still export it and the F18 is real so it is practical. It might not be a good fighter for an air force, but it is for a navy, similarly it would make more sense to develop a good fighter for the IN carriers, when IAF already will have an even better stealth fighter and don't go for a compromise development like LCA/N-LCA.

India should go for some joint developments with Israel and France for critical technologies like engine. No need for full JV.

Not a crime, but not useful either since the French has no requirement and no interest. Just like it wasn't useful to speculate about the changes of the 3rd T50 prototype right?. ;)
well then u can press no thanks button in protest to my thread but dont say piss off:lol:
alas yes !! i think the russians got angry that i revealed so many changes need to be done thats why in protest they change that thing that i had not mentioned in that thread
t502t503.jpg

They are developing weapon pods comparable to what we have seen for the Silent Hornet, but the base airframe will remain the same. The so called "stealth" upgrades will reduce the RCS compared to the current level, but will not be comparable to a stealth fighter with a stealth design and that's why the US keeps focusing on F35 instead of F15s and F18s with stealth features. You can not upgrade a 4. gen airframe design to a 5. gen just by doing some shapings like you seems to believe, that's a complete new development and not what the French are on.
well if that really is true what ur saying then indeed it cant be called a 5th gen true stealth aircraft but it has all other capabilties of 5th gen aircraft apart from true stealth
stealth version of rafale
raf3.jpg

f18 silent hornet
hornet-new.jpg

F15 SE
f-15se-2.jpg

now Mate how about this thing in LCA MARK 2 upgrade wouldnt it be nice ;)

Not really, the investment would be the same or even lower (because you don't have to look at different requirements from different forces), just the orders are lower, since IN would be the only operater, but we could still export it and the F18 is real so it is practical. It might not be a good fighter for an air force, but it is for a navy, similarly it would make more sense to develop a good fighter for the IN carriers, when IAF already will have an even better stealth fighter and don't go for a compromise development like LCA/N-LCA.
the question is not about the amount of investment ,but the worthiness of that investment buddy .& why cant we make it better than FFGFA with better stealth features ,

why it cant be like JSF:azn: fulffilling all requreiment of 3 forces .
Well u cant say naval lca as a compromised development it is also advanced & i assume slight better looks than airforce one
well when it is going to be inducted i cant say

Back
Top Bottom