What's new

Should China export J 20 to Pakistan and if yes when?

Should China export J 20 to Pakistan and if yes when

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no proven SAMs against fifth gen fighter though.

It's all a spear and shield game.

Sooner or later, SAMs will adapt to the threat posed by fifth gen fighters. Heck even the Serbs showed that clever use of outdated SAMs can result in stealth bombers being shot down.

I think the Russian S-500 system that's under development holds a lot of promise. Let's see what they pull off and how other armed forces react.

Air Chief Marshall Rao Qamar Suliman's Interview to Aviation weekly in Melbourne Australia.

A longer-term issue is whether Pakistan needs a fifth-generation fighter. Rival India, is teaming up with Russia to develop a fifth-generation fighter based on Russia’s T-50. When asked if Pakistan would like to be part of the Chengdu J-20, fifth-generation fighter program, Qamar says: “We don’t have any involvement in this development so far. This seems to be an indigenous effort and we will keenly watch it. Obviously, China is a very good friend.” But it will be years before the J-20 becomes operational in the Chinese air force, he adds.

Its not that simple. Even if Sino Indian relations are fine and dandy Pakistan is still one of China's closest allies. We would look to be unreliable if we abandoned allies simply because of better relations with others.

its not an easy deal to give your top end fighter to a nation which has closer relation to your number one enemy in united states.

no matter what china thinks or paksitani think, paksitan is still under more influence and closer to united states.

5th Gen fighter is our need for defense , we would like it to come from China or Pakistan would again have to kneel to the US at the cost of friends.
These things are discussed among leaders of the countries and i do hope it goes well on the eastern side.

As for the price , we have 10 years to collect resources and field such an aircraft which is more than enough considering that our requirement isn't going to be more than 2 squadrons.

2 squadrons is not possible. Getting one would be difficult with Pakistan's limited funds.

These fighters would be around 4 billion for a squadron.

It's all a spear and shield game.

Sooner or later, SAMs will adapt to the threat posed by fifth gen fighters. Heck even the Serbs showed that clever use of outdated SAMs can result in stealth bombers being shot down.

I think the Russian S-500 system that's under development holds a lot of promise. Let's see what they pull off and how other armed forces react.

Of course. A mixture of anti stealth SAMs and fifth gen fighters would be best. But we can't have everything can we.

They had to cancel an order for 70 F-16s because they couldn't afford them. They bought 18 instead.

And don't forget maintenance costs, which I doubt would be cheap for 5th gen fighters.

Again, its much safer, cheaper, and effective to get advanced SAMs instead.

S h i t, dude. The point of stealth jets and bombers are to circumvent radars and take out the SAM batteries before the more conventional and numerous fighters and bombers enter the area.

Why are you telling Pakistanis to buy SAMs which are obsolete against stealth jets to counter stealth jets? Oh wait...

The point is to buy "advanced radars" rather than "advanced SAMs." Even S-300s can down F-22s with proper detection. But no such radar exists.

2 squadrons is not possible. Getting one would be difficult with Pakistan's limited funds.

These fighters would be around 4 billion for a squadron.

First of all the Unit price for the air craft isn't available in public domain & secondly if Pakistan goes for J-20 - we can adopt a slow integration approach to maintain funds.

The main issue is Pakistan's economy which i do hope will do better in coming years .

its not an easy deal to give your top end fighter to a nation which has closer relation to your number one enemy in united states.

no matter what china thinks or paksitani think, paksitan is still under more influence and closer to united states.

We could always do what America does with F 16s and attach a large attache to the sale.

We already do that with the DF 3A we sold to Saudi Arabia.

5th Gen fighter is our need for defense , we would like it to come from China or Pakistan would again have to kneel to the US at the cost of friends.
These things are discussed among leaders of the countries and i do hope it goes well on the eastern side.

As for the price , we have 10 years to collect resources and field such an aircraft which is more than enough considering that our requirement isn't going to be more than 2 squadrons.

:pop: Pakistan should continue cooperative research fighter with the China, like FC-1. Pakistan's best to send technical personnel to China to study, that is more beneficial to long-term cooperation between the two countries.

It is still immature to talk about exporting J20 while no one is sure when J20 is gonna roll out.

Given the current circumstances, I think it is not a bad idea to export some J10s or J11s to Pakistan, of course, if our Pakistani friends are interested.

It is still immature to talk about exporting J20 while no one is sure when J20 is gonna roll out.

Given the current circumstances, I think it is not a bad idea to export some J10s or J11s to Pakistan, of course, if our Pakistani friends are interested.

We know its going to come out because there are official statements from Chinese officials for 2017 to 2019.

J10s are fine but J 11s are unneeded.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

:pop: Pakistan should continue cooperative research fighter with the China, like FC-1. Pakistan's best to send technical personnel to China to study, that is more beneficial to long-term cooperation between the two countries.

Would help but a separate fifth gen project is completely unlikely.

Its being done already with FC-1 and FC-20 & i do hope it continues in the future.

We know its going to come out because there are official statements from Chinese officials for 2017 to 2019.

J10s are fine but J 11s are unneeded.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Would help but a separate fifth gen project is completely unlikely.

He isn't talking of a new 5th gen program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom