What's new

Should China export J 20 to Pakistan and if yes when?

Should China export J 20 to Pakistan and if yes when

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there are major geostrategic implications that would need to be met for an Indian-US agreement of this kind... this is of course depended on India actually wanting the F-35 in the first place, which they haven;t indicated a strong interest in. The F-35, being the premiere attack system of the West - similar to the F-16, selling it requires a major upgrade in relations and this is why it is currently only offered to allied nations. India would have to join the US side against China, dump its relationship with Russia, or at least limit it (India is already doing this by shifting its procurement to Western and indigenous designs) and the US itself would face a problem of its friend Pakistan becoming angered and seeking even closer ties with China as a ccounterweightto India's new system and capabilities. I don't see the F-35 gracing the India Air Force or Navy, they don't want it, we don't want to sell it, and no party is willing to make the geopolitical changes that would need to be necessary for the F-35 to be sold to India.
I agree with your comments to one degree or another but would just like to point out that India is not "dumping" Russia, rather diversifying its defence procurements which is pragmatic. Russia remains India's largest beneficiary (by far) of defence deals (in dollar terms).

Additionally I believe your former secretary of state Hilary Clinton offered the F-35 to India (at an absurd price IIRC) when on a visit to India so the US has shown an inclination to offer the F-35 to India should the Indian side be interested (which they really aren't).

Last I heard Indians saying, T-50 FGFA 5th Gen is pathetic...Russia cannot deliver on 5th Gen :

Russia can't deliver on Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft: IAF | Business Standard News

I think only best option for India is to run on USA leg and beg Americans for a few F-35 without ToT. The sooner India admits the better it is.

India has nothing to match PAk FC-31 / J-31 or J-20s...it has lost it.

You dont even have a program running. Your annual budget is like $5 billion, to maintain the branches of your military and buy whatever scrap you can. Be realistic about who lost already.

Sir, are you serious that you're even placing the Rafale on the same level as a 5th Generation Air Superiority Fighter like the J-20? I don't think so, i must infer, respectively.
Firstly, no need for the "sir", I am but a 21 year old! ;)

Secondly, I feel there is great reason to assume the mature Rafale would hold its own against the "5th gen" fighters from China. The jury is still out on whether the "5th generation" designation is anything more than a aspiration by the Chinese.

One should not underestimate the Rafale, It has scored a F-22 "kill" (yes in a joint exercise but the point still stands), the 4.5++ generation term is disingenuous to say the least. The parameters of the generation terminology are very limited and thus rather arbitrary by nature.

yes China Should export J-20 immediately along with ToT, the hand of Chinese princess, ten thousand Rupees for a dinner party and a wascoat sharwar suit from Junaid Junshaid.

===
Chinese President should send a personal apology for taking too long in sending this aeroplane
and then we should rename it as Tipu Sulat Plan (oh sorry wrong naming he got whacked by the Farangis).. Alamgir plane will do.

Last edited:
Thanks buddy @SvenSvensonov , always have to rely on the American to be direct with me ;) !

From your input, I can only see the inevitability of India seeing greater military to military cooperation with either Russia or the United States. I'm just wondering , curious really, what are the geostrategic concessions India will have to acquiesce to in order to be given America's Blessing to acquire F-35s, which in my opinion, are the most logical choice.

Why are we even discussing Indian air defense on a thread about prospective sale of J-20's to Pakistan? I agree possibility of that happening may concern IAF but those concerns are already answered in many FGFA and other IAF vs PAF capabilities related threads. So I don't understand what is your intent to start an off-topic discussion here? Is it to start a flame war over a hypothetical scenario? And now since we have have started drifting on an off-topic path, should we now go a step further and start comparing capabilities of FGFA and J20 or may be F-35 ?

On Topic - I voted for the option that China should start exporting it to Pakistan as soon as it hit production line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom