What's new

"Shining India, Swaggering India" - Times of India

Why should I bother If Arabs called us Hind or Chinese called us Tianzhu, we have always called our country as Bharat or Bharatvarsha since ancient times. As a Indian should I really want to learn our history from a Chinese hiding behind a German flag.

Any source that what you call bharat was continuosly governed by one governement that also has the official name Bharat when Columbus sailed to the West? No?

I haven't seen any Chinese participating in this discussion for pages, might as well learn your history from a German.

Unfortunately Indians sometimes can find it difficult to adapt to local practices. For example, I have seen Indians tip way lower than the 15% which is a norm in US restaurants. I strongly believe in "Be a Roman in Rome".

It is American culture to waste food, But in India, If you waste the food then it is considered disrespectful! So it is Ok to waste food if you emigrate to US?

Tip is based on the individual preference like dress, In US I am ok with my daughter wearing western clothes, but not micro mini skirt or cleavage showing tops!

You be what you are without hurting others sentiments!

Even at 1/3rd the cost, those guys aren't even worth it. No country on earth has less aptitude for IT than India.This is proven by every international coding competition where Indians always finish dead last.

Do you have a source for the above? or being a pathological liar

Götterdämmerung;2965956 said:
Any source that what you call bharat was continuosly governed by one governement that also has the official name Bharat when Columbus sailed to the West? No?

I haven't seen any Chinese participating in this discussion for pages, might as well learn your history from a German.

We are Indian because of a shared heritage and India was divided into different states because of some chaos every country has that period but there are also many period of Pan-Indian empires. Since you are not an Indian and unaware of what deep heritage we share with each other, so stop your brainfarts here.

We not peculiar like Chinese," China ruled over that territory from 500BC-450BC so that territory belong to China, oh!! also China ruled over that territory 1200-1250AD, that territory also belong to China." Even China existed as a fractured country in different period of times.

Actually i am not...My point is that the things on which you are ashamed of fellow Indians is not Indian specific...These laws are broken by people from all corners irrespective of their flags...

1. No need to apologize..b/w i am not conservative either..
2. I know what you mean...However i did not wanted to type a lot...Stereotyping is not as evil as racism but is still evil..
3. Again how is that bringing shame to India...An act of people which has nothing to do with only Indians cannot and shouldn't bring shame to India..As said Indians in general are more than sensitive of not breaking rules...Call it fear of law or whatever but that is my experience with Indian counterparts...My only compain with them is that they don't even try to mix up with Americans and learn their culture...However saying that Indians are pissing on American streets and making women uncomfortable or what not is taking the debate to a different level which fortunately has no basis...You see lot of Indians pissing on roads in India but the same people take a u turn once they land in western world because they know Uncle SAM is not going to tolerate it...I am extending the same logic to Singapore...

actually u are.....i m not concerned with general fallacies....but i m naturally worried if fingers point to my countrymen. i m highlighting the fact that i was worried abt some indians sticking to ****** habits in s'pore n u were generalised on the same habits committed by ppl from other ethnicities too.

1. ok
2. same here...didnt wanna type more than required.
3. again, if pl from some other ethnic group commits a crime/bad habit, doesnt mean we can do the same thing n not be ashamed of the same. about mixing, yes one should mix with ppl around them, at least with those ppl, with whom they have day to day business. but its ok if they wanna be detached as long as they dont come out in the streets n embarass themselves.

do u have any source to claim that it was not called bharat.......btw ever heard of MAHABHARATA and BHAGWAD GEETA..... they are d best source acc to me.... and as far as term india is concerned .... it first came into being or was coined by MAGASTHENES.... type INDIKA or INDICA .... it was 359 BC..... dude i should not be explaining this to u but still.... just type BHARAT on google or wiki pedia

do u have any source to claim that it was not called bharat.......btw ever heard of MAHABHARATA and BHAGWAD GEETA..... they are d best source acc to me.... and as far as term india is concerned .... it first came into being or was coined by MAGASTHENES.... type INDIKA or INDICA .... it was 359 BC..... dude i should not be explaining this to u but still.... just type BHARAT on google or wiki pedia

Lucky you do not have to deal with their "business man", basically they have Zero ethics. Always failed to deliver as promised, breaching deadlines after deadlines, promises after promises and yet dare to bug you for full payment when the purchased products are not even in order as per the contract specified.

sounds just like dr.DODO (india defence r&d organisation) :lol:

it is disheartening to listen all this from a german..... as most of the research on indian history and vedas has been done by germany itself.... listen

Last edited by a moderator:
We are Indian because of a shared heritage and India was divided into different states because of some chaos every country has that period but there are also many period of Pan-Indian empires. Since you are not an Indian and unaware of what deep heritage we share with each other, so stop your brainfarts here.

We not peculiar like Chinese," China ruled over that territory from 500BC-450BC so that territory belong to China, oh!! also China ruled over that territory 1200-1250AD, that territory also belong to China." Even China existed as a fractured country in different period of times.

The same could be said about Europe. We share a common culture, history, economy and what not, but the EU still does not represent the whole Europe.

China always managed to reunite what we in Europe failed after the fall of the Roman Empire. India was for most of its history fragmented and never was it united under the current territory.

Excuse me, what kind of argument is that? Of course I can not provide you a source claiming something that did not exist. You were the one who claimed that there was a country by the name Bharat when Columbus sailed to the west. It's your duty to prove that Bharat was a country ruled by a unified government.

Götterdämmerung;2966024 said:
The same could be said about Europe. We share a common culture, history, economy and what not, but the EU still does not represent the whole Europe.

China always managed to reunite what we in Europe failed after the fall of the Roman Empire. India was for most of its history fragmented and never was it united under the current territory.

Why should I care about Europe and Europe was nevef united apart from Roman Empire.
And places like Mangolia, Manchuria, Tibet, Xinjiang, Yunnan and Taiwan etc. were never the part of China historically, that's why Chinese created definition of Han and 56 ethnic groups.

Haryanka dynasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shishunaga dynasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maurya Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sunga Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gupta Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

have a look u will get ur answers...... and moreover..... U CAN WAKE UP SOMEONE WHO IS SLEEPING BUT U CANT WAKE UP SOMEONE WHO IS PRETENDING TO SLEEP.... khuda hafiz
Nanda Dynasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

it is disheartening to listen all this from a german..... as most of the research on indian history and vedas has been done by germany itself.... listen

Yeah, particularly by those crazy Nazis searching for the source of their crazy Aryan ideology. BTW, the Oppenheimer you just quoted was an US American. Born and bred in the US.

Excuse me, what kind of argument is that? Of course I can not provide you a source claiming something that did not exist. You were the one who claimed that there was a country by the name Bharat when Columbus sailed to the west. It's your duty to prove that Bharat was a country ruled by a unified government.

just type bharat and GOOGLE IT OUT..

And yet not one of them ruled the whole territory that is modern India and none of them claimed to be the legitimate successor of the previous dynasty.

just type bharat and GOOGLE IT OUT..

No difference than googling for Europe.

Götterdämmerung;2966069 said:
No difference than googling for Europe.

It seems it is a shock for a true Chinese hiding behind German flag to accept the truth.

Back
Top Bottom