What's new

Sharia for India

Hi,

While I do feel sharia is a particularly savage law system based on an "eye for eye" system I do feel that it is as effective as it is cruel. Arab countries have very low crime rates and rape is almost unheard of. If this system was adopted into India many social evils would be vanquished. What say you?

Ever heard of country called Egypt ? and low crime rates ? Yeah talk to Iraqis, Syrians, Yemenese, Lybians etc.

But there is no 7th century Hindu law followed here in India..The Constitution of India was adopted on 26 November 1949 and came into effect on 26 January 1950..

:)))) oh really what is this quota system for dalits? I mean low casts? I mean why even low casts exist in the first place in 21st century India?

Apart from that Hindu codes bill/s has more flaws and basically an amalgamation of different religious based systems.

As far as the justice system wrgt to crimes is concerned you Indians need to focus on your own actions without abusing Islam and its justice system since it is Your own Hindu member who either out of hate in a bid to abuse Islam has started this thread

OR

he is frustrated with growing rape crimes in India and Indian state's apathy to hand over strict punishment hence he thought of sharia law .

Anyway just few Islamic countries have strict punishments including Saudia and we see since only Saudia is stricter in implementing these hence low crimes there due to fear whereas in other Muslim countries its not implemented.

So basically again the question of implementation not of Muslim or Hindu law or Christian law.

:)))) oh really what is this quota system for dalits? I mean low casts? I mean why even low casts exist in the first place in 21st century India?

As always you are twisting your own and my words for your convenience. . Caste system is not a law and there was no quota system on 7th century..

Apart from that Hindu codes bill/s has more flaws and basically an amalgamation of different religious based systems.

As I said, India is not following 7th century Hindu law here..

As far as the justice system wrgt to crimes is concerned you Indians need to focus on your own actions without abusing Islam and its justice system since it is Your own Hindu member who either out of hate in a bid to abuse Islam has started this thread

Nobody insulted Islam here.. We were talking about Sharia law to be implicated in India and you took this opportunity to have some snide remarks about Hinduism.. Islam was never under discussion anywhere..

he is frustrated with growing rape crimes in India and Indian state's apathy to hand over strict punishment hence he thought of sharia law

Its his opinion and we are discussing about it.. You are most welcome to contribute rather than making unnecessary remarks and trying to take a jibe at other religions..

Anyway just few Islamic countries have strict punishments including Saudia and we see since only Saudia is stricter in implementing these hence low crimes there due to fear whereas in other Muslim countries its not implemented.

So basically again the question of implementation not of Muslim or Hindu law or Christian law.

No body was talking about in the line of religion here apart from trolls trying to throw mud against each other.. So give it a rest!!

I meant for this to be a discussion on if sharia can be more effective at suppression and punishing crime than our modern day laws for India. Instead I have fools taking about Pakistan vs India (Both countries are no better than African countries) and Islam theological debates. South Asia truly is the worst part of Asia, in fact I would go as far to say it is worse than Africa. What is even sadder is unlike Africa we share a common history and culture. Please stick to the topic: Is Sharia law a better alternative to the Penal Code?

I meant for this to be a discussion on if sharia can be more effective at suppression and punishing crime than our modern day laws for India. Instead I have fools taking about Pakistan vs India (Both countries are no better than African countries) and Islam theological debates. South Asia truly is the worst part of Asia, in fact I would go as far to say it is worse than Africa. What is even sadder is unlike Africa we share a common history and culture. Please stick to the topic: Is Sharia law a better alternative to the Penal Code?

Its funny to suggest sharia law for majority Hindu society to begin with .

So do you even see any room for discussion here?

I mean Even if an Indian wants to discuss Sharia law for his country without a bias even then the majority Hindus in India out of hate for Islam wont be and are not willing to even discuss it.

What you need is implementation of strict laws. If you can have death penalty for militants why not for rapists and murderers.

That's stupid.

Sharia may have strict punishments for heinous crimes but along with that, it brings a whole host of anti-non-Muslim things that slowly enable the removing and dethroning of non-Muslims in their own land. That is not acceptable.

You want to talk about strict governance, then Singapore and Hong Kong are the models.

Death penalty is done by firing squad and hanging.

Serious crimes involve in caning and flogging of the guilty and then put behind bars without parole and in intensive prison servitude -- meaning years of backbreaking work to serve as a punishment, which is worse than death.

For Rape we need Sharia anything other than that we are fine

I mean Even if an Indian wants to discuss Sharia law for his country without a bias even then the majority Hindus in India out of hate for Islam wont be and are not willing to even discuss it.

What you need is implementation of strict laws. If you can have death penalty for militants why not for rapists and murderers.

Not just Hindus but other non-Muslims like us as well. We don't want a foreign-religion based rule that brings its own imposition of its system in other areas other than crime's punishments.

For Rape we need Sharia anything other than that we are fine

Chemical castration, electrocution and firing squad are some of the non-sharia options that are prevalent in a lot of countries around the world.

If you're talking about stoning, that may never be possible.

That's stupid.

Sharia may have strict punishments for heinous crimes but along with that, it brings a whole host of anti-non-Muslim things that slowly enable the removing and dethroning of non-Muslims in their own land. That is not acceptable.

You want to talk about strict governance, then Singapore and Hong Kong are the models.

Death penalty is done by firing squad and hanging.

Serious crimes involve in caning and flogging of the guilty and then put behind bars without parole and in intensive prison servitude -- meaning years of backbreaking work to serve as a punishment, which is worse than death.

Okay fare enough Sharia was the wrong word I guess b/c people love to get hung up on semantics. Rather I call it Code of Hammurabi?

aunty stop acting like a victim and seeing things through the lens of religion. Let's not forget how your majority treats it's minority, but that's for another time and place.

Not just Hindus but other non-Muslims like us as well. We don't want a foreign-religion based rule that brings its own imposition of its system in other areas other than crime's punishments.

Chemical castration, electrocution and firing squad are some of the non-sharia options that are prevalent in a lot of countries around the world.

If you're talking about stoning, that may never be possible.

I like Firing Squad & Beheading
Can we have that

Its not about Hindu majority.. Sharia may be good at somethings, but it too have some flawed points.. It has nothing to do with hatred of Islam or anything.. Do not change it to a religious thing.. You rather interested in making it a religious fight than discussing it..

Its not about Hindu majority.. Sharia may be good at somethings, but it too have some flawed points.. It has nothing to do with hatred of Islam or anything.. Do not change it to a religious thing.. You rather interested in making it a religious fight than discussing it..

Actually Indians are making a religious fight not me :)

The man proposed I suppose strict punishment for rape crimes so ok for a moment you discuss it in that sense sans any religious reference to Islam.

You know its a sorry state that today you have to think about sharia law since your so-called modern law failed to protect women.

I wonder what would have been the answers of various posters here if the OP had suggested for stricter punishment for certain offenses instead of mentioning the word 'Shariah'. People are in fact prejudiced to the core despite their claim of modernity. Hypocrites!

Back
Top Bottom