What's new

Settle Kashmir and Get the Reward!!!

1)Independant Electoral Process
2)Independant Judiciary
3)Seperate National Assembly
4)Seperate PM and President
5)Access to Pakistanis beyond Muzzafarabad not granted unless given special permit by govt(Kinda like a visa).
6)Seperate bills and legislative motions.
"Puppet Govt", I don't think so....................

I will let it go because it will just derail the conversation...However it would be like living in fools paradise if we say P-O-K government in not a puppet govt. As said this will derail the thread so my last reply on this topic... I will sum up by highlighting few lines from wiki and few links...

Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) is a self-governing state under Pakistani control but is not constitutionally part of Pakistan.[1][8] It has its own elected president, prime minister, legislature, high court, and official flag. The government of Pakistan has not yet allowed the state to issue its own postage stamps, however, and Pakistani stamps are used in the state instead.

Urdu is the official language of Azad Jammu and Kashmir
Not sure why a free state needs Pakistan govt. permission to issue stamps...Not sure why in a free state Urdu is the official language and not the regional language where Pahari is the most spoken language???
Azad Kashmir Rulers

Some more links suggesting how free is the govt. in P-O-K

DAWN.COM | Editorial | Azad Kashmir today
Secret deal in Azad Kashmir Elections
http://www.jstor.org/pss/2568953

Something said by your X-President

Mushahid criticizes PPP government's political interference in Azad Kashmir. - Free Online Library

Not sure why a PM of a free state has to prove his patriotism towards Pakistan...
Gaea Times (by Simple Thoughts) Breaking News and incisive views 24/7

'The condition in *** is one of severe oppression'
The *** puppet-show
How FREE IS *** (Azad) Kashmir???
*** leaders seek India’s help in fight against Pak

See there are many such links but what's the point... Please go ahead and reply if you feel like however as said this is my last reply on this particular topic...Hope you understand...

Last edited:
Neither nation is going to give up its claim. I guess in a way both are right. Kashmiris will continue to suffer. The only way I see it going away is when the economies of both countries are sufficiently developed to an extent that the population of both countries doesn't really care if they lose Kashmir. Only then will a middle ground emerge.

It is not the economies...Its the strategic importance complemented with rivalry...Just to give you food for thought
- How much do you think Kashmir adds to economy of India or Pak as compared to their overall GDP??? No offense but it eats up a good lot due to expenditure on military to keep it safe from other party..

- Siachen has no strategic importance ..yet it is just Indi-Pak rivalry that has tunred it into worlds highest battle ground...

So even if the economies of both countries develop yet Kashmir cannot be solved...The only way is:

- Have prolonged engagement : This move will help reduce the trust deficit
- Indulge extensively in trade : This move will raise the cost of conflict
- Give more automony to Kashmiris and change LOC to IB
- Remove Army from both sides

Last edited:
It is not the economies...Its the strategic importance complemented with rivalry...Just to give you food for thought
- How much do you think Kashmir adds to economy of India or Pak as compared to their overall GDP??? No offense but it eats up a good lot due to expenditure on military to keep it safe from other party..

- Siachen has no strategic importance ..yet it is just Indi-Pak rivalry that has tunred it into worlds highest battle ground...

So even if the economies of both countries develop yet Kashmir cannot be solved...The only way is:

- Have prolonged engagement : This move will help reduce the trust deficit
- Indulge extensively in trade : This move will raise the cost of conflict
- Give more automony to Kashmiris and change LOC to IB
- Remove Army from both sides

How strategically important are the Falkland Islands? And what's their contribution to the British economy? Britain spent more money on saving Falklands from the Argentinians than they could ever recover from it during the Thatcher era. You think that would be the case now? I doubt it. Times change, people move on.

How strategically important are the Falkland Islands? And what's their contribution to the British economy? Britain spent more money on saving Falklands from the Argentinians than they could ever recover from it during the Thatcher era. You think that would be the case now? I doubt it. Times change, people move on.

What are you talking about...

"In March 2009, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown stated in a meeting with Argentine President Cristina Fernández that there would be no talks over the future sovereignty of the Falkland Islands.[39] As far as the governments of the UK and of the Falkland Islands are concerned, there is no issue to resolve. The Falkland Islanders themselves are almost entirely British and maintain their allegiance to the United Kingdom"

In other words they are still hanging on to these islands even if they are not strategically important or britishers have to spend more than what the island is worth for...This is inline to my example of Siachen...Secondly Kashmir is strategically important for us...Whosoever will control Kashmir will control the whole Himalayan Region..This is the reason GOI is fine with converting LOC into IB whereas Pakistan is not....As per current status quo our situation is way better than our counterparts...

Not sure why a free state needs Pakistan govt. permission to issue stamps...Not sure why in a free state Urdu is the official language and not the regional language where Pahari is the most spoken language???
Azad Kashmir Rulers

Azad Kashmir does not have it's own postal service, instead Pakistan Post manages all their mail, if they made their own stamps, it would lead to confusion over they value of stamps of Kashmir as compared to the value of postage stamps published by Pakistan. Which would be quite a pickle for the post office guys, thats why Kashmiri stamps weren't published.
And Urdu is their national language for the very same reason it is ours even though Punjabi is the most widely spoken language of Pakistan, because urdu is dear to the muslims of the Indian-subcontinent.

They are also starting the national airline of Kashmir soon.

These links speak of "Interference" none speak of complete control, and you can see even that "Interference" received criticism, validating that it is not a usual phenomenon, plus your last link was so totally biased, let me write an article on life in delhi, even though I have never seen it and then lets see how accurate it is.

Last edited:

Strategic Importance of Falkland Islands:

Military
The islands are one of the very few bases for the British in the Southern Atlantic; from the islands the British could maintain a vigil upon activity throughout most of the southern part of South America. For this reason too, it is of vital (probably even greater) importance to Britain’s key ally, the United States. The importance of the islands in friendly hands can be suggested by the unofficial assistance provided to the British task force by the American navy.

Economic
The areas around Falkland Islands are said to have one of the world's largest reserves of oil, mainly in the north basin. There are reserves in the South and East of Falkland islands as well. The British Geological Survey estimates the oil at about 60 billion barrels

No they are built to change the course of the water to Indian land.

Thanx for looking into the design plans of the dams and predicting the future. Any sources to back up your little theory?

PS: Kashmir IS Indian land so technically you are correct. :cheers:

How about if if you do the same in Balchustan to begin with and then in Sindh ? Was there a referndum in India when Pakistan was created ? Did British ask all Indians ? Don't live in make shift world. India does not beleive in nation states created based upon religion. Why can't Pakistan give up her agenda of looking at everything through Islam ? Things will be much better if that happens.

RK

lol... sometimes even I hear the nuclear weapon being Islamic as though if it is used, it will kill only people other than muslims. I don't find anybody calling their nuclear weapon as Christian, Hindu, Sikh, Budhist, etc...

Millions of people in Pakistan will die if India steals our waters through the dams theyre building in Indian Occupied Kashmir, and Pakistan always sided with Kashmiris even before India made plans on these dams so it is about the people...you dont see Pakistan making dams to steal water from India's territory.

What are all the rivers Pakistan can block, so that it does not enter India, I don't know I am just asking...

Last edited:
What are all the rivers Pakistan can block, so that it does not enter India, I don't know I am just asking...

None...that y they so desperately need Kashmir...
It will secure their water resources.
Right now their Jugular vein is in our hands.

R not you ashamed that you lost the territory so huge (almost same of Switzerland)???
but
Still you are proud of if? what a shame.....:what:

Also the friendship of China Pakistan is role model for whole world. Its up to our govt. what they decide for our land, if it is strategically good for china than whats prob in it. At least we don't lost any area to enemy in war :)

If you think its your land atleast fight for it, don't give it up like a piece of cake. That's right "if you think its your land".

Just because it is good for your friend you cannot giveup other people's land to other country. Can't you be friends without this giving up land and all ? Look at India and Nepal, People from Nepal can come and go to India freely, and vice-versa, we did not exchange lands, we exchanged people. Same way you could have given Chinese people a free pass but not give away the land.

In a hypothetical case, if tomorrow Kashmir is given to Pakistan and China thinks it is strategically important for China will you give it up ?

Aren't you wasting the lives of people who died for it ?

Don't you think Kashmiris have a say in it as you so vehementaly advocate that Kashmiris should be asked ?

Last edited:
Millions of people in Pakistan will die if India steals our waters through the dams theyre building in Indian Occupied Kashmir, and Pakistan always sided with Kashmiris even before India made plans on these dams so it is about the people...you dont see Pakistan making dams to steal water from India's territory.

None...that y they so desperately need Kashmir...
It will secure their water resources.
Right now their Jugular vein is in our hands.

Oh, is that why we don't see Pakistan making dams to steal water from India's territory... ?
very funny... :yahoo:
I thought they are peace lovers ...

Still let somebody from Pakistan confirm that they can't... as my knowledge in Geography is less. :chilli:

Back
Top Bottom