What's new

Senate committee calls for ban on Indian channels

Brazil's number one TV show is all Indian

New Delhi: India is the new flavour in Brazil. The soap opera that's topping the ratings in the country has an Indian theme- the caste system.

The show called Caminho Da India which means India's Way is about a dalit boy who falls in love with an upper-caste girl- In the face of opposition from their families and society. Interestingly, the serial is set in Rajasthan, the actors are Brazilians speaking Portuguese.

Hindi phrases like Theek hai, CHAI and bhagwan-ke-liye used on the show have become popular among viewers. And staying true to traditional Indian values, there are no kissings scenes there.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/brazils-number-one-tv-show-is-all-indian/97474-8.html

Hi,
ever since i got broad band i stopped watching TV. hehehehe but would be nice if they lift the ban from DSTV it was awesome Mnet, Movie Magic and all those channels, but since we are talking of channels i also dont want to see Pakistani owners of multinational channels ruining our entertainment just because they have bought certain rights, eg incase of HBO i think HBO India was much better than HBO Pakistan rather HBO Pakistan stinks big time, and watching those english movies dubbed in Punjabi is not even fun anymore on Pakistan's own English movie channels, when we pay for some thing we deserve the right to watch what ever we want. No body should dictate us what we should and what we shouldn't watch and its really funny that majority of these virtuous people who lay down these rules for us have their families settled abroad if you people know to whom i am referring too. Whenever there is a substandard Pakistani channel especially those crappy news one they are given priority over foreign channels. this is sort of bullying by the government why should we pay for some thing which we don't deserve to watch, if people want to watch foreign channels they should be able to watch them. my statement is not in context with Hindi channels but all foreign channels if i want to watch HBO America it's my personal choice why should i watch HBO ARY. :hitwall: and i dont even want to talk about Nickelodeon it breaks my heart they way it has been ruined thanks to :sniper:ARY network

Last edited:
:D
Also, ban bollywood movies and watch 3rd class trash movies made in pakistan.

as many pakistani members and even a Mod have said about quality of pak movies.

hai bechara jal gya :D

you wanna true i hate indian films when i see border until today i wanna not only ban but if someone see should be we hang him pablicly.:tdown:

i will say pakistani can be allowd for **** film but not for indian films my slogen :)

:D

hai bechara jal gya :D

you wanna true i hate indian films when i see border until today i wanna not only ban but if someone see should be we hang him pablicly.:tdown:

i will say pakistani can be allowd for **** film but not for indian films my slogen :)

as ur location says "Hell floor 7" do u really live there?

New Delhi: India is the new flavour in Brazil. The soap opera that's topping the ratings in the country has an Indian theme- the caste system.

The show called Caminho Da India which means India's Way is about a dalit boy who falls in love with an upper-caste girl- In the face of opposition from their families and society. Interestingly, the serial is set in Rajasthan, the actors are Brazilians speaking Portuguese.

Hindi phrases like Theek hai, CHAI and bhagwan-ke-liye used on the show have become popular among viewers. And staying true to traditional Indian values, there are no kissings scenes there.

even whole world no1 is indian show film drama or manmohan its not our problim kindlly we are decided to keep out indian tv films and culture (which in these days not even indian culture) out of our borders. any problim? :no:

as ur location says "Hell floor 7" do u really live there?

atleast in hell there will be no indian media. you know why .ppl of hell will go to stike they will say to god first we are worst turture already if there will be indian media in hell its extra turture:P

Actually my personal thinking is the ban is because a cable operator usually provide 65 to 70 channels. In these he needs to put all Pakistani channels, adjust atleast 5 to 6 Afghani channels (its a oral order from PEMRA in NWFP to facilitate Afghans) Some irani and arab channels as well. So where will he find all this space. Banning Indian channels will help creating the space for own channels.

i am not aware about the system in pakistan, but in india the cable operator provides all the channels the customers pay for. he is not limited by any number and can theoretically show hundreds of channels depending on whether all his customers are willing to pay for them. they almost always show all the free channels.

if the same system is present in pakistan, it again reduces to supply and demand. the cable guys show what the the customers want to pay for. the people might want indian channels for those stupid saas bahu serials, so thats what the cable guys show. if the pakistani channels show something more interesting, then that is what the people will ask for and watch

And oye these are harmful for Pakistan along with boring

i would really like to know how the boring serials are harmful. i am really interested in your answer to this question

The only reason I'm happy is that women, prepubescent and teenage girls alike are fixated with stupid Saas Bahur serials. All the crappy and gooy family drama, everybody conspiring against each other, facial plastic surgeries and reconstructions, pointless pan and zooms causing headaches and above all teaching everybody lessons in domestic political manipulation.

As for banning, it's against the spirit of a free and fair media. Some might argue that somehow state interests should guide the media, but the channels are being shown on the basics of economics, demand and supply. People want to watch these channels. The millions of women fixated with these serials will have to be taken to rehab if we remove these channels entirely.

You want to remove them, change social norms and don't force a decision. Banning channels is pure fascism.

Well for one reason alone they should be banned, as i have had a chance to watch their comedy, is always if anything but funny, as a matter of fact it is pathatic, they have not funny bones, they laugh on dum things, on the other had holly wood comedians are funny, realy funny.

Than Indian movies are mostly crude copies of either Holly wood stories or Pakitasni stories.

Only thing they have going is music evcen that is carried by Pakistani singers for the most part.

so by banning them we will not miss anything as they have no orignality and have no stimulating stories or dialogues.

totaly boooooring.

Now this is funny. But no copy, just orignality.

Last edited by a moderator:
there are quite a lot of Pakistani channels these days
i don't even enjoy indian channels anyways
their tv dramas are simply not good

If u want to ban indian channels ur free to so.
But dont give lame excuses that all indian channels show inappropriate stuff, at least compared to western channels.

in india, i have seen that majority of cable operators show at least 2 dedicated channels of each religion like Q Tv, Sanskar, God .

Also, ban bollywood movies and watch 3rd class trash movies made in pakistan.

as many pakistani members and even a Mod have said about quality of pak movies.
No doubt about it. Our movie qualities are not good. but as their is an Indian add

"Tera hai par mera hai" :lol:

And by the way i only watch Hollywood.

High class indian movie. i am happy with my trash movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indian media is a way to spread Indian influence. To counter it is like stretching one's neck and holding it high, and to learn the gift of pride and honor in things that are Pakistani and of high value. Western programming can be of very significant value for the youth, such as Discovery or National Geographic. But bharatiy only give tension and lies about Pakistan. This does not concern people from US or UK so I don't know why their pants get tight, they have made decision to leave Pakistan. But here we are in constant war with extremists and india. Their media is at war with whole of Pakistan. Not one positive thing about bharatiy tv.

This should be done immediately, no time should be wasted on this, also they should decide once and for all. The next thing they should do is stop watching bollywood movies, stop naming Pakistani hotels are India hotels overseas.

Back
Top Bottom