What's new

SECULARISM- "India Style"

Please, this is not that Khalistan thread..! This is about Indian Definition of Secularism. Don't go off topic.

You clearly missed the context of my post. I would appreciate it if you could spend some time and go back and check the previous threads before directing me.

@ Swati, Nalwa - Please guys we have already covered the Ayodhya topic before in this thread itself.

I think you and I had pretty much reached a common ground untill Swati came along with her 'correction of history' views!

Oh...is that so? I don't think it is sinister....it is just an opinion not going to hurt anybody....oh..sorry for hurting your dream ....

So what is your prescription of the behavior of majority that should reflect secularism?

Secularism has nothing to do with majority or minority. I don't know what you are talking about. You think secularism is some kind of onus on majority to make minority happy?What you are talking about is inter faith relationship at best. Secularism strictly deals with law of land and how it favors no one and no religious entity can influence the decision making of government. If you are trying to say that Hindus should be kinder to their fellow non-Hindu Indians, compared to rest of the "secular" world, that's entirely different thing. That's not secularism.

P.S: I am not religious and I don't give 2 hoots about any temple. But Indian secularism is nothing more than a joke just like our dysfunctional democracy.

but many ppl don't believe that esp minorities, plus i think BJP is not doing enough to attract minorities toward them. this is one of the reason BJP is out of power for many yrs now. india has 20% minority population & it is hard to come to power when straightaway 20% ppl are against a party. BJP need more to do so that minorities can have faith in it.

out of topic ques but karthic i want to know that why BJP has very less or no ground in south india politics.

Here comes the concept of real secularism. Secularism means one should not attract people on the basis of religion and faith. BJP is doing great development work in many states. And that is enough reason for REAL SECULARS to get attracted towards them be them either hindu, muslim, sikh or any other religion.

And yes, we can debate as to what that land of law should be. We can pick mutually agreeable laws that protect human rights and yet are not picking one religion over another.

Here comes the concept of real secularism. Secularism means one should not attract people on the basis of religion and faith. BJP is doing great development work in many states. And that is enough reason for REAL SECULARS to get attracted towards them be them either hindu, muslim, sikh or any other religion.

BJP is communal like all other parties in India.

I actually do sometimes feel that the Muslim community is to be blamed as much as our pseudo-secular politics. Forgive me but - where are the intelligentsia of the community? Why are they busy making television appearances? Why do they allow the ultras to be the public face of their community? Can we only blame the govt. for the Muslim community coming in at the bottom of all our social and economic indicators?

I seriously believe the Muslim community lacks idols to look upto. Apart from Bollywood stars and a few cricketers they need industrialists, inventors and LEADERS in the real sense.

Agree with u completely sir.

It will take a few more decades for Indians to achieve the sort of "secularism" , there is in the west . Till such time as our burgeoning middle class becomes an absolute majority of our population , we will have trouble implementing Ideas like a Uniform civil code .

As far as the problem of complete integration of Kashmir is concerned , its quite easy to be implemented , just elect the BJP with an absolute majority in the next parliamentary elections and no-one can stop it from happening .

Congress and the Left surprisingly advocate no change in this policy and this is one of the biggest issues which irk many ardent patriots - congress and left engaging in minority appeasement is still tolerable, but engaging in it at the cost of National integrity should make any Indian's blood boil.

Cho Ramaswami is a good writer and excels in such sarcastic yet factual articles.

I enjoy reading his fortnightly "Tughlaq" magazine in Tamil.

He has been a very keen political commentator. The only news channel where he is invited on national issues is Times TV.
@Karthic - What would you say of his political leanings. I have heard a lot about Tughlaq, but frankly, I have no ideaas to his political beliefs.

He very much talks like us - but is he a genuine center of right guy?

Some people have even told me that he is a closet communist..

I am confused..:hitwall:

where did he talked abt khalistan????????? he was referring that Hinduism should not be imposed on any other religion even though it seems like one.

hinduism is not imposed on any religion. please. just because some rule is named hindu marriage act dose not mean hinduism is imposed on that religion..! change that to sikh marriage act and i have no problem. this thing has been discussed to death in khalistan thread. i dont want it here.

I am kind of pained to see what you're trying to say here. Let me put it this way - Just as BJP's communal politics is unjustified, so is Congress' pseudo-secular and appeasement politics.

That is a very flawed logic. I surely wouldn't destroy the church and re-build the Golden Temple after 500 years!!! Especially if I know that the Christians (my fellow countrymen now) who probably pay obeisance at that particular church have done me no harm.

you labelled bjp as communal...! now i can see how true the article is.. and u must know babri masjid was actually not a masjid as it was made above a destroyed temple and islam dosent recognises it as masjid. and second, babri masjid was jurt a building as no muslim use to offered namaz their from many years. and this too is off topic.

i m too fed up of this B.S that hinduism is way of life & blah blah blah . Hinduism is just a religion like other religions. ppl who believe in this sh1t that hinduism is way of life are those who want to impose hinduism on all indians.

buddy hindu dharm is a religion. hinduism is a way of life. according to supreme court and scholors hinduism dosent mean following hindu religion..! hinduism means living a life of purity, justice for all, secularism, sarvajan hitaya, sarvajan sukhaye i.e. their should be no discrimination, everyone should be happy.

And yes, we can debate as to what that land of law should be. We can pick mutually agreeable laws that protect human rights and yet are not picking one religion over another.

agree but, the law of the land is very much secular(Thankfully). but its the people who issue certificates of secularism with flawed definition and their blind followers who r real problem. They try to polarise the society. they create communal tensions. they try to hide their faliure by using the religion card. politics should not be based on religion, politics should only be based on development work and way of governence.

BJP is communal like all other parties in India.

yes, they are, if u go by congressi definition of secularism. but if u look with an open mind, bjp is the most secular party in india. i am glad that most youth today have realised this. muslims of gujrat, uttrakhand, bihar, jammu etc. have realised this.

can u please tell me why is bjp communal..?

Back
Top Bottom