What's new

Saudi women refused entry to France for refusing to take off burkas

Good. Whole Europe must ban this ridiculous, oppressive, un-Islamic and Saudi tribalistic piece of clothing. This ban should be enforced more strictly with heavier fines imposed.

So you think Sarkosy desperate for votes appeasing right wing racist sentiment when he passed this law was in the right. Man it was or is tokenism. hardly any women wear the Burkha in France.

What happens if a man wears a burqa3 in France?

I'd really want to wear one but don't know where to buy one:(

Why :rofl:

I have seen you on another thread admit you do not even know much about your own religion when you are questioned. How in 6 months do you become an expert on Islam and Muslims?
and this is where you act too smart and end up like a dummy, i am not saying that i am expert in Islam. All i am saying is this is what i have come accross in my life and this is what my understanding is.
To me religion does no feed any one and so i am least bothered about the religion in am born in it.

No it isnt.....The aregument put up by indians is "Their country their law"..
Like wise Blasphemy and hand chopping are laws of the land...All residents should comply,foreign or local.
chop the hand of a person if he/she steels in your country or the country that has the law. I have no objection to it.
But to enter your country if you have a law to be followed, then follow it.

So you think Sarkosy desperate for votes appeasing right wing racist sentiment when he passed this law was in the right. Man it was or is tokenism. hardly any women wear the Burkha in France.

I do not see how banning oppressive clothes like burka or hijab can be considered racist?

Other religious symbols are also banned in France, not only Burka.

and this is where you act too smart and end up like a dummy, i am not saying that i am expert in Islam. All i am saying is this is what i have come accross in my life and this is what my understanding is.
To me religion does no feed any one and so i am least bothered about the religion in am born in it.

Did you go to the fountain of knowledge this morning? mate lets get back to topic. The French are entitled to their laws but this one is a tad petty

I do not see how banning oppressive clothes like burka or hijab can be considered racist?

Other religious symbols are also banned in France, not only Burka.

How is it oppressive allowing people to wear what they want

What happens if a man wears a burqa3 in France?

I'd really want to wear one but don't know where to buy one:(

You ninja?-

ninja7.jpg

I have seen you on another thread admit you do not even know much about your own religion when you are questioned. How in 6 months do you become an expert on Islam and Muslims?
lol ask your self ...when u can claim anything u post as truth about India or others..when u know $hit about anything.

Did you go to the fountain of knowledge this morning? mate lets get back to topic. The French are entitled to their laws but this one is a tad petty
if this is what your understanding is, then so be it that i had a visit to the fountain of Knowledge

The women should just wear this and see what the French reaction is...

48100.jpg

Face veil..yes...If Airport authorities in France or anywhere ask a woman to remove face veil for identification,she should comply or take a hike...
But wearing a piece of cloth on head and a long gown called Burqa is by no means anybody else's business if she wants to wear it...

what will french do if Spiderman visits them? Deport him? :P

spiderman.jpg

How is it oppressive allowing people to wear what they want

I debated this with armstrong elsewhere extensively. In short, a burka/hijab is harmful to the moral fibre of a society in the long run and should be banned. Not to mention many are forced into wearing it from a young age.

Not to mention that nowhere in islam is it mandated to wear burka or headscarf. They're ancient Saudi tribal clothings which got embedded into Islam.

The league of superheroes isnt happy with french..Almost all of them have face masks,head gear and long gowns...All ofthem will be refused entry in France.. :D

Superhero_Convention_Wallpaper_JxHy.jpg

Thats fine, refuse them entry, only thing is, no one should start moaning when the Muslims respond and decide, well you will no longer come to our country, we will not sell oil to particular countries or do certain trade, like construction of projects that are multi billion dollar projects................ the door swings both ways and as such Saudi needs to respond in kind to send a message to the West....... abit like when the UK made changes to obtaining Visa which effected Indian Nationals recently and India responded making life difficult for the British, all of a sudden that decision was reversed very quickly

Actually yes yes they can. Check out the woman in the background in the right:
Saudi-women-in-Jeddah-200-006.jpg

Mosa - The issue is we should of course respect ALL laws of the land - the French are being cute with this and i believe specifically targeting Islam to gain support from the right wing parties. Sarkozy was losing a lot of voters and wanted to do something to show his "empathy" with them. It is grotesque and unfair - simply by requesting the hotel to enter a room and lowering her veil to show her identity is all that's required to confirm who she is - who would not agree to this? The implementing of the law is the key and the French are being completely disrespectful.
The French don't realize by taking the pi** they are stirring a hornets nest and in the long term going to reduce trade between Saudi and them.
I note the general excitement of the Indians - apart from the odd sane comment they are coming across like a pack of dogs - incredible behavior and i hope this leaves a mark in judging some of their mindset in future....

I have been in here for about more than 6 months and have found that there are two kinds of people who follow ISLAM based on mentality.
1) The first type is one who always thinks that the entire world is set out on a quest to destroy Islam and this kind of people are found in Pakistan, Middle East and Africa
2) The second type are Muslamans who give a sh&t about what the world thinks about Islam, and do things as per the teaching of Quran, care less of what others think and this kind of Musalmans can be found in INDIA and Eastern nations such as Malasia, Indonesia, etc

The guy says that Hajib is ok as it reveals the face of the person who is entering a country and Burka on the other hand gives a identity cover to one and any one can claim to be some women and travel under the viel

oh nahi there are three type of Muslims

1) Practising Muslim (and unfortunately extremists also belong to this tree)
2) Non-Practising Muslim (who thinks I should follow the commandments of God, but they don't)
3) Secular/Liberal Muslim

Doesn't matter which country they belong to... Pakistan or India, they will be following the same way of life... as in Islam there is no such definition of Indian Muslim, Pakistani Muslim or French Muslim.

@ topic

Oh well this rule of Hijab isn't fully implemented in France it is more like a media campaign. Yes there has been some incidents happening in France and I have no confusion in my mind that the France has proven herself to be the most backward nation in Europe by introducing such ridiculous laws but I am sure the nation is much more saner and sanity will prevail sooner or later and such laws will be abolished as they have not been strictly implemented and the public has not been able to consume such laws as yet. My recent trip to France has witnessed hundreds of women wearing Hijab in the streets of Paris or Chamonix.

Saudi women should have respected the rule of the land but that does not mean she would compromise with her religious principles too. For example if France passes a new bill asking the whole nation to convert to Christianity, you can't say the whole Muslim comminity should convert to Christianity respecting the law of the land. So she did the right thing by not removing Hijab and honouring her religious beliefs, freedom of choice and principles. I am sure she will get an entry from another airport and nobody will care about it :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom