What's new

Saudi Arabian Women's Conference... With Not A Female In Sight

How do they expect a good debate without hearing the women's side

Lol,what? They weren't there for a debate,they gathered just to invent some more medieval rules to impose on women.One of these days saudis will ban women altogether.:omghaha:

Stay classy Saudi Arabia!

what a joke...another pathetic troll....
not a women in a conference???oh my god...you guys are screaming like women is brutally raped in saudi:blink:
but when a news about women's rape is published then same people speak in low tone only saying 'rip to dead'

An image of a conference in Saudi Arabia on the topic of “women in society” – with not a single female present - has gone viral.

The picture features row upon row of men in traditional headscarves and white thobes. A single Westerner in a flannel shirt is the only person breaking up an otherwise uniform sea of what appear to be Arab men.

We traced the picture back to Beladalorb.com, which says it was published in Saudi newspaper Okaz last year.

The conference on the subject of 'women in society' was notable for its lack of women

The conference was reportedly held at the University of Qassim and was apparently attended by representatives of 15 countries.

Much is being made of absurdity and hypocrisy of the image, but when you consider Saudi Arabia is a country where women are not permitted to drive, it seems less so.

Religious police in the Gulf Kingdom which is governed by Sharia Law only recently lifted a ban on females riding motorbikes and bicycles – as long as they wear the full-length veil and are accompanied by a male relative.

It is illegal for Saudi women to travel abroad without male accompaniment. They may only do so if their guardian agrees by signing a document know as a 'yellow sheet' at an airport or border crossing.

In November 2012 it emerged women were being electronically monitored with authorities using SMS to track them and inform their husbands of their whereabouts.

And it was only in 2011 that women were given the right to vote and run for office in municipal elections in 2015.

Saudi Arabian Women's Conference... With Not A Female In Sight (PICTURE)

:omghaha:
Saudi government has allowed women to ride bikes but not drive cars that is funny by the way is it true I mean women allowed to ride bikes @Arabian Legend @Yzd Khalifa @JUBA*

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the girl you're talking about, she's been doing it for 3 years now.

U know some who smoke out on the street .. and the mall guards actually stand around and yell if haiya show up ?
Surprisingly the police are cool with it ...

Here's some you won't know about .. the swimmer chics @ Khobar ! Yours truly is but a silent observer ...

Dirty guy talk aside .. people Saudi Arabia is not what is in the news. Saudis are A class Habibies. They are not even 1% what news talk about !

Well westerners are the ones who brag and lectures about democracy and individual freedom. SO obviously muslims can point out their hipocrisy and also stand up for what is legally their fundamental right and also religious obligation. Now don't come up with the argument about allowing nudity in the streets of KSA or other conservative muslim states, as Islam has seperate set of of criterias of individual freedom and human rights perfectly customized for Humans by our creator.

Now on KSA issue, I don't agree with them not allowing women to drive (now they lifted the ban). But they pretty much follow all the major aspects of sharia law and hence should be respected for that. Its none of the western countries business to scrutinize KSA on whether they allow women in such a conference. And who knows if women are indeed in the conference hall in seperate premises. Papers like huffington post can not be trusted in such cases.

Edited: Thanks to explanation by al-Hasani. It seems that it wasn't a women's conference after all and just another western propaganda attempt.

You assume a lot don't you? I didn't say anything about nudity or whatever BS you made up. All Im saying is that IF this was intended as a "women" conference then where on earth are the women, if they are in a separate hall then fair enough its really not my business what the Saudis do in their country. You guys need to stop pulling over the western hypocrisy argument, I couldn't care less what the west do. I have a problem when Saudis interfere in the internal matters of Pakistan. I would stop commenting on the Saudis when they stop interfering in Pakistan. You cant have sharia law just for the masses and exempt the ruling princes, we all know what they get on to so please lecture someone else on the righteousness of the Saudis.

I'm not religious whatsoever. You came from a country that I highly respect, I politely ask you to refrain from quoting me.

Sorry I realize Im getting a bit personal. I apologize. Its really not my intention to judge you or anyone. Salamalaikum.

PS. apologize to anyone else that I might have hurt in this thread. peace out.

Spoken like a true Arab Takfiri Sectarian Extremist Shia. Well done.

You are all the same, sectarian extremism is in the core of your beliefs.

What :cheesy: the last time I remember wasn't the one calling for ethnic cleansing. But I'm glad you labeled me as Arab rather than Persian :lol:
That was only a reaction to the overused of the word "muta". Just look at how your buddies here use it in every second post. I wanted to make it clear that if you want to play that game, we aren't idiots as to the negatives of the Saudi society. I never claimed these actions were related to religion, but nonetheless, you guys should worry about fixing them before complaining about muta.

As for killing, don't know how you got the impression of a murderer against me. I wouldn't harm an animal yet alone murder a human. The followers of Bani Umaya, yes I hate them and it is part of our Belief to do so. Even our imams used to curse them, In the ziyara of imam hussain, his son Ali Ibn Hussain states

أشْهَدُ اَنَّكَ قَدْ اَقَمْتَ الصَّلاةَ وَآتَيْتَ الزَّكاةَ، وَاَمَرْتَ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَنَهَيْتَ عَنْ الْمُنْكَرِ، وأطعت اللهَ وَرَسُولَهُ حَتّى اَتاكَ الْيَقينُ، فَلَعَنَ اللهُ اُمَّةً قَتَلَتْكَ، وَلَعَنَ اللهُ اُمَّةً ظَلَمَتْكَ، *وَلَعَنَ اللهُ اُمَّةً سَمِعَتْ بِذلِكَ فَرَضِيَتْ بِهِ*، يا مَوْلايَ يا اَبا عَبْدِاللهِ، اَشْهَدُ اَنَّكَ كُنْتَ نُوراً فِي الأصلاب الشّامِخَةِ، والأرحام الْمُطَهَّرَةِ، لَمْ تُنَجِّسْكَ الْجاهِلِيَّةُ بِاَنْجاسِها، وَلَمْ تُلْبِسْكَ مِنْ مُدْلَهِمّاتِ ثِيابِها، وَاَشْهَدُ اَنَّكَ مِنْ دَعائِمِ الدّينِ، وَاَرْكانِ الْمُؤْمِنينَ، وَاَشْهَدُ اَنَّكَ الإمام الْبَرُّ التَّقِيُّ الرَّضِيُّ الزَّكِيُّ الْهادِي الْمَهْدِىُّ وَاَشْهَدُ اَنَّ الأئِّمَةَ مِنْ وُلْدِكَ كَلِمَةُ التَّقْوى، وَاَعْلامُ الْهُدى، وَالْعُروَةُ الْوُثْقى، وَالْحُجَّةُ عَلى اَهْلِ الدُّنْيا

This is only part of the recitation dedicated to Imam Hussain. We have plenty of supporters for the ummayids and their actions today don't you think? They are the same people of Jubhat al Nusrah and alqaeda.

Back
Top Bottom