What's new

Saudi Arabian Women's Conference... With Not A Female In Sight

they are there for trolling purposes

1r4r46.jpg

Why would I know that you would be present in such a thread, beast89? As soon as there is just a little indication of a Sunni, Arab or in particular Saudi subject you are among the first users to comment on it often with the same usual nonsense.

Change your disc.

Well westerners are the ones who brag and lectures about democracy and individual freedom. SO obviously muslims can point out their hipocrisy and also stand up for what is legally their fundamental right and also religious obligation. Now don't come up with the argument about allowing nudity in the streets of KSA or other conservative muslim states, as Islam has seperate set of of criterias of individual freedom and human rights perfectly customized for Humans by our creator.

Now on KSA issue, I don't agree with them not allowing women to drive (now they lifted the ban). But they pretty much follow all the major aspects of sharia law and hence should be respected for that. Its none of the western countries business to scrutinize KSA on whether they allow women in such a conference. And who knows if women are indeed in the conference hall in seperate premises. Papers like huffington post can not be trusted in such cases.

Edited: Thanks to explanation by al-Hasani. It seems that it wasn't a women's conference after all and just another western propaganda attempt.

Oh, my friend, I am personally against the ban of women driving too but I do understand that many sectors of the Saudi society favor the law. Approximately 50% of all Saudis are against it though and must of the youth which make a large percentage of the population - people under 30 years make up 66% of the population if I remember correctly.

The thing is that the powerful conservative clerics are afraid of that leading to un-Islamic acts and many Saudis are also concerned about the security of their daughters and wife's.

Also the ban on women driving have a very big negative financial affect on the society due to hiring drivers etc. King Abdullah has pledged to lift the ban in the near future but it all depends on the conservative element since they have a very big religious influence.

Although I find it really pathetic, ridiculous and as a clear example of ignorance when people use that 1 law to describe all the laws of KSA. Forgetting the social and financial stability that we enjoy like nowhere else in the world, more or less and certainly compared to the region. Or the extremely low crime rate.

Once the ban will be lifted the anti-Muslims, anti-Arabs and in particularly anti-Saudis will find another excuse in their propaganda. Next will be why most Saudi women wear a headscarf why non-Muslims can't visit Makkah and Madinah, why KSA is a Muslim country and not atheists, why there are no strip clubs or nightclubs etc.

We are far from a perfect country, nothing is perfect apart from Allah (swt) and certainly no country since all countries are ruled by humans (surprise, surprise) but I would say that we, at least for Muslims, are a really good country to live in.

Just better for us to ignore all the ignorance, lunatic comments, hatred etc. and try to grow as a country and society even further than worrying about such individuals.

Just my two quick cents.

Why do people believe everything that they read? This is not a "women conference". That was a conference last year that concerned the role of females and males in a contemporary society and the difficulties both sexes face in the future in a increasingly demanding and rapidly chancing society and world. In Al-Qasim, one of the most conservative provinces in KSA and in the heartland of Najd, of all places.

Women were present in another conference intended for women.

Haffing has been sued by the UK Gov't itself, let alone other countries :lol:

Anyway, the whole meeting has nothing to do with females whatsoever. In fact, the main objective of this conference was to bring as many youth men as possible. Since we are in our summer holiday, boys and girls often get married these days, as such, these conferences were planned and engineered to educated young men about what should they do and what they shouldn't.

Also, when it comes to multinational meetings here in KSA, both genders will be hosted in one hall not two, the only thing I feel sorry for is that foreigners will never be able to understand standard Arabic, here come the interpretation job.

Haffing has been sued by the UK Gov't itself, let alone other countries :lol:

Anyway, the whole meeting has nothing to do with females whatsoever. In fact, the main objective of this conference was to bring as many youth men as possible. Since we are in our summer holiday, boys and girls often get married these days, as such, these conferences were planned and engineered to educated young men about what should they do and what they shouldn't.

Also, when it comes to multinational meetings here in KSA, both genders will be hosted in one hall not two, the only thing I feel sorry for is that foreigners will never be able to understand standard Arabic, here come the interpretation job.

Sure about that? Or have I mistaken that conference from the one held in Ha'il about those issues I mentioned? Women were part of the debate they just sat in another room.

I am saying this because I have seen the exact same picture in connection to the Ha'il conference and now the IraniMale2 user is claiming that it was a conference on women in Al-Qasim. Hard to believe the reality since there is no direct link to the original source or any Arabic link that could end the doubt.

Well, what you mention is actually common so that might have been the case, indeed.

Yes, this goes for all Arabic countries really and in fact many Muslims countries. They regard that as discrimination while forgetting that women love to gossip and be together in each others company. I speak from experience since I have sisters and plenty of cousins who even told me, LOL.

Men and women will be together when needed, especially the married couples.

No biggie.;)

Safavids :lol: You do embarrass yourself on daily basis.

I'm not disrespecting Islamic views, since my country is Islamic as well.

BUT If this was a Women's conference , Women of all ages should've been invited.

Maybe not a speaker, but as least as an audience.

A- Iran is a Zoro country.

B- The article is filled with bugs " inaccurate "

C- The conference was exclusively dedicated to young MEN, namely those who haven't been married yet.

D- Usually, here in KSA, women have their own hall and the men have theirs. This is our culture, habits, and customs. There is only one thing we don't negotiate with aliens for, it is our culture.

For example, Mu'tah is legal in Iran, and has been encouraged by sexual-mullah monsters, we on the other hand have our own codes of ethics.

@al-Hasani

Sure about that? Or have I mistaken that conference from the one held in Ha'il about those issues I mentioned? Women were part of the debate they just sat in another room.

Haffing is lying. Multinational conferences in KSA aren't segregated, how do I know? I happen to be a simultaneous interpreter, I had attended more than 20 conferences.

I am saying this because I have seen the exact same picture in connection to the Ha'il conference and now the IraniMale2 user is claiming that it was a conference on women in Al-Qasim. Hard to believe the reality since there is no direct link to the original source or any Arabic link that could end the doubt.

If it's Hail's then Huffing will lose its credibility, I'm say that the conference huffing is referring to has nothing to do with women but men. As such, if you claim that the pic you've got in hand is Hail's then it means that IraniGurl is lying - well, they're used to use Taqqiyah -

No biggie

Last edited by a moderator:
@Yzd Khalifa

I did some research and it appears that we are both a bit wrong in our description of the conference, understandably so, since we have no primary source. Although we are both right that it is not a women conference per se. It says that this is in Al-Qasim University though.

This is supposedly the original article that was published in Okaz. Again the picture I was referring to might have been the exact one but used in another context or Okaz might have used an old picture from another conference just to post a picture from a conference in KSA. It happens frequently that various newspapers use the same picture just in different contexts.

Here is the article:

????? ????- ????? ????? - ??? ????? ????? ?? ???????? ??????????? ??????? ?????? ???????

Oh, and dare I say that it is quite old?

@Yzd Khalifa

I did some research and it appears that we are both a bit wrong in our description of the conference, understandably so, since we have no primary source. Although we are both right that it is not a women conference per se. It says that this is in Al-Qasim University though.

This is supposedly the original article that was published in Okaz. Again the picture I was referring to might have been the exact one but used in another context or Okaz might have used an old picture from another conference just to post a picture from a conference in KSA. It happens frequently that various newspapers use the same picture just in different contexts.

Here is the article:

????? ????- ????? ????? - ??? ????? ????? ?? ???????? ??????????? ??????? ?????? ???????

Oh, and dare I say that it is quite old?

I never brought up the picture in any sense, maybe you and IraniGurl. What I'm saying is that the conference which took place 10 days ago spoke about marriage and the main objective was to educate young men.

I never brought up the picture in any sense, maybe you and IraniGurl. What I'm saying is that the conference which took place 10 days ago spoke about marriage and the main objective was to educate young men.

Well, I am not only talking about the picture used but also the article published by IraniMale2. Whether the news steams from a recent conference I have no idea about. It might be the case or it might have been modeled on the original article published in Okaz that I just found.

Point being is that it is nonsense and that's all that really matters.

@RescueRanger

Women in the 1st picture you posted aren't Saudis, this isn't our dress-code, this is Shia's.

As for Al-Waleed, his wife must wear an Abaya in KSA, but she, like any other Saudi woman, can wear the hell she wants over seas. Anyways, Al-Waleed is a liberal.

Cheers :wave:

Well, I am not only talking about the picture used but also the article published by IraniMale2. Whether the news steams from a recent conference I have no idea about. It might be the case or it might have been modeled on the original article published in Okaz that I just found.

Point being is that it is nonsense and that's all that really matters.

Most news being reported in Western MSM aren't quite accurate, particularly when it comes to countries like Iran, China, and KSA.

The moral lesson @iranigirl2 should learn isn't to jump the gun for the sake of flipping :cheesy:

@RescueRanger

Women in the 1st picture you posted aren't Saudis, this isn't our dress-code, this is Shia's.

As for Al-Waleed, his wife must wear an Abaya in KSA, but she, like any other Saudi woman, can wear the hell she wants over seas. Anyways, Al-Waleed is a liberal.

Cheers :wave:

Most news being reported in Western MSM aren't quite accurate, particularly when it comes to countries like Iran, China, and KSA.

The moral lesson @iranigirl2 should learn isn't to jump the gun for the sake of flipping.

Thank you for the correction sir, you are the perfect person to ask this question, since i have not stepped foot outside Jeddah. Is Burqa compulsory for women in Saudi or can they make do with flowing dress and Hijab like in Egypt?

Thank you for the correction sir, you are the perfect person to ask this question, since i have not stepped foot outside Jeddah. Is Burqa compulsory for women in Saudi or can they make do with flowing dress and Hijab like in Egypt?

No, neither Burqa nor Hijab is compulsory Sir, but Abaya is. Usually, Saudi women's preference goes to an Abya with a headscarf.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTFia9u0lyY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCaoLcgqk_A

Back
Top Bottom