What's new

Saudi Arabia King Orders New Expansion Of Prophet’s Mosque

Oh, in that case I take it back.

Honestly tho, I think both Mecca and Madina could use some kind of light rail, trolley system so people who live far away have an easier time getting to the mosques.

that is part of the project as you can see the location of the metro stations in this picture.

image_galleryx

It is horrible, two expansion of Makkah and Medinah are becoming NYC city with too many crowds.

A city must always look part of the country's heritage. One should feel at home and not somewhere in for example like NYC. I feel bad for poor people who lived closer to mosques. Their homes have been demolished to build skyscrapers and hotels for the elite. A lot of people say good things about the railway system that is under construction. But imo, i see it still costing money and commute brain drain for the poor to reach point B.

oh so what is this?

MAKKAH-in-the-past-islam-15630615-648-418.jpg
[/IMG]
100yearoldpicturesfromMeccaandMe-2.jpg

go-makkah-hajj-oumra-h3v90j-umrah-2011jpg.jpg

allow me to do show you the same for madina as well..

please show me any change in the actual mosque. if you mean these small building surrounding the mosque, they are normal houses and not historical places. they have nothing to do with mosque

^^ So you don't see this: The minarets and the dome type things near the kabbah?
And btw, those surrounding homes and buildings are part of islamic architecture/heritage. They have probably been there since prophet's time.
3133405083_9449f1ba21.jpg

A city must always look part of the country's heritage. One should feel at home and not somewhere in for example like NYC. I feel bad for poor people who lived closer to mosques. Their homes have been demolished to build skyscrapers and hotels for the elite. A lot of people say good things about the railway system that is under construction. But imo, i see it still costing money and commute brain drain for the poor to reach point B.

those people got millions from the gov to leave out and i bit they are living ten times better than me n you. the expansion is really necessary and need to be done. it will help accommodating 1.6 million people.

^^ So you don't see this: The minarets and the dome type things near the kabbah?
And btw, those surrounding homes and buildings are part of islamic architecture. They empower the mosque.

3133405083_9449f1ba21.jpg

the minarets didn't get destroyed they got rebuilt ! and those domes in the picture were used by scholars and imams who give lectures as well as by old people who do I’tikaf either during Ramadan time or Hajj. again these domes have nothing to do with the actual mosque، they are not part of the mosque and removing them will give the opportunity for lots of people to perform Tawaf.

The year before the Mega Makkah Expansion projects. That year's Hajj KSA was under great pressure from a lot of countries to increase the quota and it did and you know what the result was?? 132 people died either by suffocation or getting stepped on to death.

People say it should remain untouched. I will say okay if you think all those people's lives are cheaper then please do go ahead. But I really see the Expansion as a matter of life and death. The following year not a single Hajji died by the way.

Its good to see that Saudi is building skyscrapers and more houses IMO. When my mother went to Mekka and Medina she paid a fortune and life saving just so she could sleep on a simple bed there. People that have been there should know all about it, Its like going to Dubai.

KSA shouldnt destroy ottoman revak's i dont know whats in english

1335080188_42_kabe_revak_.jpg

Mekkede-Osmanlinin-son-mirasi-da-yikilyor_1320652628.jpg

this was on the news , to destroy the revaks in order to expand

was this ottoman building destroyed in 2001

ecyad2.JPG

The year before the Mega Makkah Expansion projects. That year's Hajj KSA was under great pressure from a lot of countries to increase the quota and it did and you know what the result was?? 132 people died either by suffocation or getting stepped on to death.

People say it should remain untouched. I will say okay if you think all those people's lives are cheaper then please do go ahead. But I really see the Expansion as a matter of life and death. The following year not a single Hajji died by the way.

expansion is not an objection but dont you think that five star empire state like building shadowing the small kaaba is not good?

KSA shouldnt destroy ottoman revak's i dont know whats in english

1335080188_42_kabe_revak_.jpg

Mekkede-Osmanlinin-son-mirasi-da-yikilyor_1320652628.jpg

this was on the news , to destroy the revaks in order to expand

was this ottoman building destroyed in 2001

ecyad2.JPG

you have a bad news again, saudi arab also bulldozed some ottoman historic castle to make place for a shopping plaza :D

Ajyad_Fortress.jpg

ajyad castle

Back
Top Bottom