What's new

Saudi Airforce typhoon Pic

Gasht wrong not 9.2 billion dollars the cost runs higher you are taking it from where? wikipedia

oh thks.i almost forgot these planes are already ours.you are right let them keep it.It will probably save us maintenance costs.however they should give us at least 1 or 2 out of 72 so we can reverse engineer with chinese help and improve our aircarfts.

not a bad idea at all, only if our military generals and descision maker paid attention to the innovative discussion of :pdf: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

but i guess their too busy collecting their commissions :devil:

Gasht wrong not 9.2 billion dollars the cost runs higher you are taking it from where? wikipedia

There is going to be somewhat of transfer of technology deal as the planes are going to be assembeled in saudi arabia...

The current contract is for 4.4 billion pound deal as for larger 20 billion deal there hasn't been an agreement reached....

"Saudi Arabia will receive 72 Eurofighter Typhoon aircraft next year, said Deputy Minister of Defense and Aviation for Military Affairs Prince Khaled ibn Sultan.

The Eurofighter Typhoon is a twin-engine multipurpose canard-delta strike fighter aircraft. The aircraft is used by the German Luftwaffe, the Italian Air Force, the Spanish Air Force and the UK’s Royal Air Force. It is built in Britain, Germany, Italy and Spain by a consortium involving BAE (BAE Systems), EADS (The European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company) and Finmeccanica.

The 4.43 billion pound ($8.86 billion) agreement was signed by the government of Saudi Arabia and Britain on Sept. 11 last year.

According to the Saudi Ministry of Defense and Aviation, the Kingdom will pay the same price for each jet as the Royal Air Force pays.

The deal followed an August 2006 agreement in principle and a memorandum of understanding between the two governments to modernize the Saudi armed forces. The memorandum, signed in December 2005, also provides for “a transfer of technology, investment in defense industry inside Saudi Arabia and the training of Saudi pilots,” according to the Saudi Ministry of Defense.

Prince Khaled denied that Saudi and American officials had discussed any arms deals during US President George Bush’s visit to the Kingdom earlier this month. “No discussions with American officials took place regarding arms,” he stated.

The prince was speaking to reporters at a symposium entitled, “The Dangers of Asbestos and Safe Ways of Combating Them.” He said the Ministry of Defense had been among the first Saudi ministries to begin implementing the removal of asbestos from all its facilities.

“The Ministry of Defense has been working for the past six and seven years to remove this substance from all its military facilities,” he said. “We have finished the removal from military facilities in Sharourah and the southern region,” he said, adding that work was underway to remove the substance from all military facilities in the Kingdom.

Asbestos have been used for a wide range of manufactured goods, mostly in building materials (roofing shingles, ceiling and floor tiles, paper products, and asbestos cement products), friction products (automobile clutch, brake, and transmission parts), heat-resistant fabrics, packaging, gaskets, and coatings.

Asbestos fibers can enter the air or water from the breakdown of natural deposits and manufactured asbestos products. Its fibers do not evaporate into air or dissolve in water. Small-diameter fibers and particles may remain suspended in the air for a long time and be carried long distances by wind or water before settling down.

People working in industries that make or use asbestos products or who are involved in asbestos mining may be exposed to high levels of asbestos. People living near these industries may also be exposed to high levels of asbestos in air.

Asbestos mainly affects the lungs and the membrane that surrounds the lungs. Breathing high levels of asbestos fibers for a long time may result in scar-like tissue in the lungs and in the pleural membrane (lining) that surrounds the lung. This disease is called asbestosis. People with asbestosis have difficulty breathing, often a cough, and in severe cases heart enlargement. Asbestosis is a serious disease and can lead to disability and death.

not a bad idea at all, only if our military generals and descision maker paid attention to the innovative discussion of :pdf: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

but i guess their too busy collecting their commissions :devil:

yar seriously at least our airforce should try to get 1 or 2 of these aircrafts.just float news that a saudi typhoon crashed in desert and not allow investigation and infact give it to us.so that the europeans will never know what hit them and we will have their technology.

yar seriously at least our airforce should try to get 1 or 2 of these aircrafts.just float news that a saudi typhoon crashed in desert and not allow investigation and infact give it to us.so that the europeans will never know what hit them and we will have their technology.

so how should we go about accomplishing this plan, dress up as janitors cleaning the "bird" and boost the kite we Four one ten down pakistani airspace before being shot down by american and nato missiles :flame:

imagine the kind of epic headlines we'd inspire :smokin:

yallaa! bakistan bawwaabi steals La kayamma...:argh:..

Last edited:
There won't be any transfer of technology! You think people who run the EU are fool enough to give the technology of their 4.5 Generation aircraft to a muslim country?!!! Moreover Saudis doesn't have any experience of manufacturing, they can't even assemble a car! If there gonna be "transfer of technology" in any way, which I deem it impossible, Saudis gonna be observer here and they think they gonna learn by just looking at the EU experts who doing the rest of the work!

Actually let me tell you a story! You know in Shah era Iran was the West closest ally in the middle-east and the Persian Gulf region but they have refused to give us the technology of assembling planes inside our borders! Let me remind you in those times Iran had very cordial relation with Israel and U.S wouldn't feel any threat to Israel by transferring the technology, but today you are talking about an enemy of Israel, it doesn't matter if Sauds are trying to be friendly with Israel but in fact that's because they're are afraid of Iran's growing influence in the region.

Another thing is, if anyone gonna get the technology of building planes it is gonna be Turkey with their experience of modifying F-16 and not some rich prince in Saudi Arabia!

I came here looking for pictures of Typhoons, what I found were delusional Pakistanis. Why would we want Soudi Arabia to "donate" us their aircraft, are we so insecure in our abilities right now? why should they give us their aircraft, what benefit is it to them? And, do you expect our pilots to just get into the EFs and wreak havoc with them, simply because of their "superior skills"? The name is Eurofighter Typhoon, not Honda Civics that anybody with a license could "take it for a spin".

The only thing I would likefrom Saudi and other Gulf nations is an agreement to ensure constant supply of Oil during war, to stop supply of Oil to countries acting against Pakistan, and to allow our pilots to have a good look at their EF for training purposes. Anything else would be a bonus, but we shouldn't hold our breath.

Lastly, Saudi Arabia has their own threat perception, and they have the money to go ahead and acquire whatever they wish to counter these perceived threats. If we could afford it, we'd probably do the same. So, I ask you, what right to you have to complain? Are they asking you to pay for it?

Lastly, Saudi Arabia has their own threat perception, and they have the money to go ahead and acquire whatever they wish to counter these perceived threats. If we could afford it, we'd probably do the same. So, I ask you, what right to you have to complain? Are they asking you to pay for it?

Israel is going to be the first foriegn customer for the latest fighter from the US, JSF (F-35). I was reading somewhere that Zionists claim an empire up to the Makkah and Madina because of their history, with that in mind, Saudis are preparing for any possible threat in future.

Iran is already crossing into Iraq so Saudis should be ready.

we Four one ten down pakistani airspace before being shot down by american and nato missiles

yallaa! bakistan bawwaabi steals La kayamma

what do you mean by these lines i cant understand.

why should they give us their aircraft, what benefit is it to them? And, do you expect our pilots to just get into the EFs and wreak havoc with them, simply because of their "superior skills"? The name is Eurofighter Typhoon, not Honda Civics that anybody with a license could "take it for a spin".

because they are one of our closest allies besides giving an aircraft or two wont hurt them.and who's talking about inducting them.we only require one or two for reverse engineering.

Iran is already crossing into Iraq so Saudis should be ready.

According to 1975 Algiers Agreement signed by both sides, Fakah is belong to Iran.

And another thing is, these Saudi's toys will be destroyed on the ground wherever they are before they want to go into offensive against our interest in the region.

the Saudi oil reserves are expected to deplete around the year 2015 when it does they wont be so important to any country except Islamic countries so they need to prepare their defence force so they would be able ro defend them selves.Thats what i think.But still with no modern war experience in the field they are as good as dead:tdown:

the Saudi oil reserves are expected to deplete around the year 2015 when it does they wont be so important to any country except Islamic countries so they need to prepare their defence force so they would be able ro defend them selves.Thats what i think.But still with no modern war experience in the field they are as good as dead:tdown:

I honestly don't think if their oil gonna end before 2050 :|! BTW if it wasn't because of Pakistan, house of saud wouldn't last. They must repay you. 2 fighter?!!! Even half of their oil reserves is not enough to repay Pakistan!

I honestly don't think if their oil gonna end before 2050 :|! BTW if it wasn't because of Pakistan, house of saud wouldn't last. They must repay you. 2 fighter?!!! Even half of their oil reserves is not enough to repay Pakistan!

yep we have done so much for them and they can't even give us two fighters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom