What's new

Sahara set to bag Rs 80,000 cr (16.2 B USD) new Bangladesh capital project

hasina took a wrong decision, she took a wrong decision...just think how much land will be ruined and even though new dhaka but the city will not help... they will also get over populated on the other hand i don't think the cities will be big enough to contain people.

ya why they need sovereign guarantee? It sound fishy! Allah save us...

I personally think that here sovereign guarantee will mean Government will give them right to do implement the project absolutely in their own way in the specified land and no other government will try to take over the project and if they do then government will have to pay the amount they invested with interest.

I personally think that no government will take responsibility if they face a loss for not selling of the flats or if they face losses for their faulty business policies or if they fail to pay installments to the investors.

It is not necessary that giving sovereign guarantee Bangladesh government will take every responsibility but can take responsibility only in certain conditions. I think that there will be some other clauses also regarding how much profit sahara can take out from the project.

If proper negotiation is done then only in certain condition the sovereign guarantee can be given considering the amount they are investing.

Although I had doubts about this project previously on my posts but
2 weeks back Architect Mr. Polash was invited by Sahara Group on a
private Jet for Becoming their consultants.

Mr. Poolash being a leading architect of this country has designed the
Bashundhara City and Grameen Phone Head quarters
so there might be some truth in this news( an unlikely coincidence?),
but it's still too vague for me. The money quoted compared to the
devastated developers just doesn't match
the projected scenario.
He seems to be quite an architect,i've seen some of his accomplishments and some upcoming projects.Looks real good i say.

Can anyone discuss little bit pros and cons about the project. Though it is quite common in many different countries to invest 16 billion usd or more but the amount is really big for Bangladesh. N how this amount will help Bangladesh economically!!!

He seems to be quite an architect,i've seen some of his accomplishments and some upcoming projects.Looks real good i say.

That guy is a friend of my father... but he is really cheap. Pays the new architects those who join him only 10000 tk per month. It becomes really hard even to recover transportation cost with that money.

That guy is a friend of my father... but he is really cheap. Pays the new architects those who join him only 10000 tk per month. It becomes really hard even to recover transportation cost with that money.
hmm konjus type er lok mone hoy or he just tries to make the newbies realize about his early life struggles !!

Dalal gov has nothing better to do. Why the hell do we need a new capital. These shameless BALs are destroying the country.
I just pray to Allah(swt) that these dalals are ousted before the start of this useless disastrous project.
Oh boy! What a ramble!! 'Useless disastrous project'?? Why do you say that? What's wrong in having a brand new well planned city as the capital of BD? Get out of your cave and grow up. Learn to think big.

'Shameless BALs are destroying the country'? The way you are twaddling you are painting yourself as a hardcore mullah of the JeI or an ostrich of the BNP with your head deeply buried in the sand, so you start getting paranoid if the present government embarks on any modernization program.

All the JeI and the BNP can think of is religious politicking and pandering to extremist organizations instead of trying to develop BD per se into a modern city. I've been to Dhaka and I'm damn sure it needs to be rejuvenated!

And what the heck this thread is doing in the BD DEFENCE forum is beyond comprehension! Unless Sahara is building an Army cantonment too!! :cheesy:

Cheers!

Oh boy! What a ramble!! 'Useless disastrous project'?? Why do you say that? What's wrong in having a brand new well planned city as the capital of BD? Get out of your cave and grow up. Learn to think big.

'Shameless BALs are destroying the country'? The way you are twaddling you are painting yourself as a hardcore mullah of the JeI or an ostrich of the BNP with your head deeply buried in the sand, so you start getting paranoid if the present government embarks on any modernization program.

All the JeI and the BNP can think of is religious politicking and pandering to extremist organizations instead of trying to develop BD per se into a modern city. I've been to Dhaka and I'm damn sure it needs to be rejuvenated!

And what the heck this thread is doing in the BD DEFENCE forum is beyond comprehension! Unless Sahara is building an Army cantonment too!! :cheesy:

Cheers!

First of all Jamaat is totally a legal party in Bangladesh. It has no relation to religious extremism, it is a perfectly acceptable democratic party in Bangladeshi politics. I find it highly amusing that Indians defend awami league more than Bangladeshis, as it should be none of their business.

Second of all Bangladesh does not have 16 billion dollars to waste of a new city where our other cities need massive upgrades. Our currency has devalued atleast 25% over the last 3 years, world bank is not giving us loans. We could not even get money to building the padma bridge and we had to seek loans from malaysia at 9% interest where ADP offered us it in 2%, I don't know how our government screwed that up. 16 billion dollars is a lot of money for a quarter trillion dollar gdp nation. Our banks are not giving our loans as they don't have money to invest. Only reason i can think of why such project is being considered is so that sheikh rehana can get even richer. Currently every road, highway and big construction projects are done by her construction firm. She will play a major role with Sahara if it were to occur. This project will probably be the last heist before Awami League is begone.

Currenty Bangladesh needs far important thing than this "city" such as:

1. Our roads are a disgrace, we need massive upgrades and very fast, a very reason why lots of investors don't invest in our country.
2.we need a deep sea port.
3.we need a dhaka chittagong railway line connecting to the port.
4. Our energy crisis is no longer a crisis, it is a joke. New protects are not given due to this. It hasn't been quite a long time.
5.Dhaka needs a subway or metro ....flying buses
6.more roads
7.more flyovers

I can go on and on but it seems you Indians know more about my country than myself, so keep on educating me.

Anything yo know about the sovereign guarantee?

Nah, no info from me, I'm lazy ! I am better of in square feets....

@Captain Planet aka Sami,

well the guy isn't cheap actually, 10,000 tk as a starting point
is quite the case with every architectural firms, only recently
some developers are raising the bars .

It is a dilemna that we architects face in our early years ,
theres a common belief that even a rickshaw puller earns
more than a rookie in an architects firm!

Only when they become a bit mature their earnings go exponential.

Nah, no info from me, I'm lazy ! I am better of in square feets....

@Captain Planet aka Sami,

well the guy isn't cheap actually, 10,000 tk as a starting point
is quite the case with every architectural firms, only recently
some developers are raising the bars .

It is a dilemna that we architects face in our early years ,
theres a common belief that even a rickshaw puller earns
more than a rookie in an architects firm!

Only when they become a bit mature their earnings go exponential.

Are you an architect???

Goodness gracious, after all this time you ask me this?

Yep, I'm one of those species ....

Yup its true unfortunately ... as we have not discussed anything about our personal life... Anyway only thing that you told me is that you used to eve teasing a vnc/vns girl in baily road :P.

Are you still a student or graduated!!!

ever large city need to expand when its bursting at the seems . it happened in many Indian cities too . lets hope this project is fruitful.

Just like Delhi has Gurgaon,Noida etc this new city should complement Dhaka and would help in tremendous growth opportunities , I ask the critics of this project on both sides to see the positive aspect of this since this is surely a win win situation generating lot of trade and employment opportunities for lots of people!!!

Just like Delhi has Gurgaon,Noida etc this new city should complement Dhaka and would help in tremendous growth opportunities , I ask the critics of this project on both sides to see the positive aspect of this since this is surely a win win situation generating lot of trade and employment opportunities for lots of people!!!

The problem is that Sahara has asked a sovereign guarantee and everyone is doubting their main intention behind that. Another thing do we really need a new city with such a big investment when we are short of roads, highways, bridges, sea port electricity etc!!

Goodness gracious, after all this time you ask me this?

Yep, I'm one of those species ....

Yup its true unfortunately ... as we have not discussed anything about our personal life... Anyway only thing that you told me is that you used to eve teasing a vnc/vns girl in baily road :P.

Are you still a student or graduated!!!

Oe hoe, hold on your horses there mate!
No, my girl (an architect herself) was from
from VNC, and I'm a mastermind. We don't tease!

A firm unfortunately caught me some time back,
after I've graduated of-course! :enjoy:

Oe hoe, hold on your horses there mate!
No, my girl (an architect herself) was from
from VNC, and I'm a mastermind. We don't tease!

A firm unfortunately caught me some time back,
after I've graduated of-course! :enjoy:

OOps sorry mate ... it was Skies not you... I messed it up...

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...lking-women-sexual-offence-2.html#post1444836

I am not concerned about any flirter, playboy, luies, or evil people who has bad intention. I am just worried about genuine lovers. I stalked only once one girl in my life in Belly Road as I would love her so seriously. Thanks God this new law was not enacted in that time since she was bit annoyed on me for stalking her just for five minutes.

Ohhh congrates then!!!

Back
Top Bottom