What's new

Rustom II: An exciting opportunity for Honeywell

as a matter of fact we are that bad!!

we don't even have a technology or expertise to make a simple airborne pulse doppler radar and world has gone to aesa radar,,,,,,even GaN aesa radars are being built(full 3 generations ahead)

yes i am happy that at least we have made s band aesa in form of drdo aew&c but we need to improve in the avionics

I was asking about ISROs cryogenic engine developments
& what about the Private sector
I herd a aerospace park got kick started in andhra

did i say congress??

come to face reality guys we are way behind whether under upa or nda(no diff)

the only turbofan we have produced is this

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rJzSuU48py0/T-JycaqLjXI/AAAAAAAABaU/8PPgQmPlntA/s1600/HAL turbofan.jpg

when there is no news at all...................what does it say??

1)kaveri is dead at the moment.........maybe used for aura(maybe)

2)nirbhay engine is not indigenous but under jv with npo saturn(laghu shakti)

3)wankel engine of nishant is unsuitable for high altitudes as it is piston based(something like that)

4)a small engine made by gtr is only for small cruise missiles

5)no turboprop engine produced till date(pls prove me wrong,i will be really happy)

and lastly don't preach others,give proof or keep quiet

laghu shakti is a small turbofan and not a turboprop engine

and its developed in jv with npo saturn
Do they even make pulser engine or that's imported as well:(

Do they even make pulser engine or that's imported as well:(
bajaj had a venture with kawasaki so most probably its not indigenous as well

similarly hero honda(now only hero) gets engine tech from honda(maybe under tot)

all diesel cars in india(1200 cc) like swift have fiat engines

tata nano engine has bosch components etc

tata trucks have engines manufactured under tot from mercedes etc

i can go on and on

I was asking about ISROs cryogenic engine developments
& what about the Private sector
I herd a aerospace park got kick started in andhra

cryogenic will be tested on 15 th december flight of gslv

but our cryogenic engines are quite small compared to the west and russia(even china and japan)

but at least isro is trying its best

Hit how much complan do u drink brozzle ? You are a bloody Wikipedia good rather awesome ...

India should learn to make its own smartphones before even contemplating drones

India should learn to make its own smartphones before even contemplating drones

So countries who don't make smartphones can't make drones .

We can here see a classic case of chinese high IQ ....... :lol:

bajaj had a venture with kawasaki so most probably its not indigenous as well

similarly hero honda(now only hero) gets engine tech from honda(maybe under tot)

all diesel cars in india(1200 cc) like swift have fiat engines

tata nano engine has bosch components etc

tata trucks have engines manufactured under tot from mercedes etc

i can go on and on

cryogenic will be tested on 15 th december flight of gslv

but our cryogenic engines are quite small compared to the west and russia(even china and japan)

but at least isro is trying its best

First know how many automotive manufactures use their own engine
Tata use Cummins engine now so did Volvo, Navistar
Tata Indica use Fiat engine so did Suzuki, GM
Hero licence agreement for use of Honda engine will expire in 2014 then they need to use new engine
Recently Ashok Leyland launch its new engine Neptune
Anybody who design their own engine take service of AVL

For drone engine the main requirement is low weight, low fuel consumption, highly efficient, low IR signature, low sound
Most drone use Israel's or American engine , even Russia make Israeli drone & their drone project failed miserably including engine.
So, do you want to say that Russia didn't develop a single turbo prop engine yet ?

Tata had developed indigenous engines for Sumo in 1990s,first gen Indica & indigo and have developed 2.2 l ones forsafari.

mahindra has meagle,mhawk and 3 cyl quanto engine (forgot the name)

And ptae7 has been developed for lakshya,And laghu shakti is meant for uav not nirbhay...

And ISRO has 200 kN CE 20 engine to be completed by 2017 for LVM3

what to do with this guy @he-man

Tata had developed indigenous engines for Sumo in 1990s,first gen Indica & indigo and have developed 2.2 l ones forsafari.

mahindra has meagle,mhawk and 3 cyl quanto engine (forgot the name)

And ptae7 has been developed for lakshya,And laghu shakti is meant for uav not nirbhay...

And ISRO has 200 kN CE 20 engine to be completed by 2017 for LVM3

what to do with this guy @he-man
u must be ashamed of urself

go to google and check,none of the engines u mentioned is indigenous
all are either procured directly or made under tot
i will be happy to be proved wrong but in this case ain't gonna happen

and about tata engine that u are proclaiming i have this info for u

"I'm afraid your facts are all incorrect.

The 1210 engine was designated as 692. It had a bore of 92 MM and stroke was 120 MM. It displaced about 4.8 litres and developed 112 HP at 2800 RPM. It was derived from Mercedes OM 312 engine whose bore and stroke dimensions were 90 MM and 120 MM respectively and which admeasured about 4.6 litres. Tata had rights only for IDI version of this engine and the DI model (692) was developed by Tata after the expiry of its collaboration, without any help from Mercedes.

697 was a bigger engine with bore 97 MM and stroke 128 MM. It was DI from the begining. It measured 5675 CC and was Tata's flagship engine until Cummins B 5.9 arrived on the scene. 697 was license-manufactured by Tata, the original designation being OM 352. Interestingly, Tata obtained license for 697 from Mercedes after the expiry of its collaboration with them. This was done by paying Mercedes a lump-sum royalty. 697 wasn't used in 1210 ever. 697 Turbo developed 160 HP @ 2800 RPM and was first used in 1516 model which was launched in 1980-81 and redesignated as 1616 later. It was also used in 2416 model. Later, 697 NA model was introduced which developed 130 HP at 2800 RPM. It was used in models like 1510, 1613, 1313, etc. A TCIC 180 HP version of OM 352 also existed in Germany but was never used by Tata.

Actually, there are two Tata engines called 497. One is 497SP which measures 2956 CC and is used in 407, Sumo, Spacio, etc. A CRDI version was also used in Safari DiCOR 3.0. The other engine is simply known as 497. 497SP isn't a long stroke engine since its stroke is 100 MM compared to 128 MM of 697. 497 is a bigger engine whose stroke is 128 MM and displaces about 3.8 litres. It is used in models like 709, 909, 1109, 712, etc. It is this engine which can be considered as a chopped-off 697. 497SP isn't a chopped-off 697, although the fact that its bore is identical to 697's does suggest at least some commonality with 697."

all are modifications of old mercedes engines meant for trucks and is the sole reason why its not very good

on cryogenic when it is successful u can come and boast here,till then keep quiet
on nirbhay engine,its a jv with npo saturn and not 100% our own

and as far as indica goes guess what

"Partly designed and developed by Tata Motors, it is a five-door compact hatchback with a 1.4 L petrol/diesel I4 engine designated as 475DL internally. This is a homegrown engine which is derived from the engine used by Tata in their line of pick-ups and SUVs earlier but with a reduced stroke. The original engine was designated as 483DL which stood for 4-cylinder and 83 mm stroke."
all goes back to mercedes,don't fool urself anymore

don't single out these companies and countries.
russia can make a drone engine anyday when it wants(do u want to even contest this??)
india cannot except using kaveri engine for aura
gm,suzuki may use some fiat engines for the compact segment but most of their other engines are indigenous.
can u say the same for tata,mahindra,bajaj and hero??
no
so quit defending against something that u simply cannot do

@he-man

Your logic is as crazy as saying ' ISRo started by making sounding rockets of french and US design so the credit for all the progress isro made on Launchers go to them'

Just read the article again-which you posted without reading.

497 can be ' considered ' as a chopped of 697-not the same,but with reduced no of cylinders.

Now your article says 497 SP do not have anything to do with 697.Did you even see that??

And the same 497 SP went into Sumo and first gen Safari.

And the Indicas 475 DL DI was made by reducing bore of Sumo 483 DI.

So there you have it,even the ' chopped off ' 497 is a different engine-so nothing more to say about the other engines

Now what about Tata's new engines- 2.2 l dicor? 1.05 litre DICOR?

Ashok Leyland now develops Neptune Series engines on its own.

Mahindra develops their own engines-meagle,mhawk & mCR100?
they design engines for backhoe loaders,tractors and motorcycles.

Bajaj and TVS develops their own engines-DTSi technology is patented by Bajaj.

Heck even RE started making their own UCE engine....

So next time Check the facts before copy pasting.

And Do you know how many countries have developed their own Closed loop cryo engine?

ISRO has another 2000 kN semi cryogenic engine under development

veri is dead at the moment.........maybe used for aura(maybe)

Project is revived. Actually Kavri is a good engine. We need to work on Kaveri and concentrate on merely performance without worrying about other Parameter such as weight or Stages etc like Russians do. After all we have the experience of Making the Russian engines now. We are going to assemble GE 414 also. We have made a lots of progress and we need to put more effort in Kaveri now.

Last edited:
@he-man

Your logic is as crazy as saying ' ISRo started by making sounding rockets of french and US design so the credit for all the progress isro made on Launchers go to them'

Just read the article again-which you posted without reading.

497 can be ' considered ' as a chopped of 697-not the same,but with reduced no of cylinders.

Now your article says 497 SP do not have anything to do with 697.Did you even see that??

And the same 497 SP went into Sumo and first gen Safari.

And the Indicas 475 DL DI was made by reducing bore of Sumo 483 DI.

So there you have it,even the ' chopped off ' 497 is a different engine-so nothing more to say about the other engines

Now what about Tata's new engines- 2.2 l dicor? 1.05 litre DICOR?

Ashok Leyland now develops Neptune Series engines on its own.

Mahindra develops their own engines-meagle,mhawk & mCR100?
they design engines for backhoe loaders,tractors and motorcycles.

Bajaj and TVS develops their own engines-DTSi technology is patented by Bajaj.

Heck even RE started making their own UCE engine....

So next time Check the facts before copy pasting.

And Do you know how many countries have developed their own Closed loop cryo engine?

ISRO has another 2000 kN semi cryogenic engine under development

looks like u read times of india for kicks

here is the truth about indigenous bajaj engines

Automotive Engineering International Online: Global Vehicles (February 2002)

read it and tell me they are not madifying kawasaki engines??can u do that?
similarly u can find about honda engines of hero
on the tata engines i have clearly proved they are derieved from heavier mercedes engines by subtracting various things and are not produced from scratch.
tata i dica newer gen and tata manza use fiat engines for this very purpose as older tata so called indigenous engine was just not good enough as it had tech of trucks which is not ideal for small cars.
i know isro is developing semi cryogenic but can u dispute that our cryogenic is pretty small and as of now we should not comment before dec 15 test??

Infact HAL did develop aeroengines-HAL HJE 2500 in 1965 (turbojet) and many piston engines.
ihttp://home.comcast.net/~aeroengine/Hindustan.html

Now laghu Shakti is Indian,and HAL is developing a 20 kN turbofan engine.

Back
Top Bottom