What's new

Rustom II: An exciting opportunity for Honeywell

Project is revived. Actually Kavri is a good engine. We need to work on Kaveri and concentrate on merely performance without worrying about other Parameter such as weight of Stages etc like Russians do. After all we have the experience of Making the Russian engines now. We are going to assemble GE 414 also. We have made a lots of progress and we need to put more effort in Kaveri now.
i always wanted govt to allocate more money and manpower to kaveri.
its the single biggest project we have and we don't realize it!!

i always wanted govt to allocate more money and manpower to kaveri.
its the single biggest project we have and we don't realize it!!
@gslv mk3
i am not saying we are not doing anything but merely stating we are way far behind

till we start doing something state of art we will continue to suffer
till we rely on public behemoths like bel and hal we will be way way behind whether u believe it or not(makes no diff)

Hi guys,

Can we assemble a Composite engine for Cruise missile as it is not intended to be used again and again?

Infact HAL did develop aeroengines-HAL HJE 2500 in 1965 (turbojet) and many piston engines.
ihttp://home.comcast.net/~aeroengine/Hindustan.html

Now laghu Shakti is Indian,and HAL is developing a 20 kN turbofan engine.
now u are behaving like a child
i told u that laghu shakti is a jv with npo saturn but even then its a good progress
but kaveri should be our focus but we are not doing enough!!
developing a turboprop should also be in our priority list
why not involve tata,mahindra,ashok leyland too??

looks like u read times of india for kicks

here is the truth about indigenous bajaj engines

Automotive Engineering International Online: Global Vehicles (February 2002)

read it and tell me they are not madifying kawasaki engines??can u do that?
similarly u can find about honda engines of hero
on the tata engines i have clearly proved they are derieved from heavier mercedes engines by subtracting various things and are not produced from scratch.
tata i dica newer gen and tata manza use fiat engines for this very purpose as older tata so called indigenous engine was just not good enough as it had tech of trucks which is not ideal for small cars.
i know isro is developing semi cryogenic but can u dispute that our cryogenic is pretty small and as of now we should not comment before dec 15 test??

lol thats a 2002 article,I meant the latest engines-including 200 NS one of Bajaj.

Hero uses honda engines-I know that.

You have proven that they are derieved from merc engines?

Dude please,What you posted says,the Sumo engine was not merc derieved,and Indica one was derieved from the Sumo one.

Subtracting a few things?Have you even done an engineering project in your life?Do you even know what sort of design and analysis work is needed for such a ' subtraction'??

And have you ever heard of 200 kN CE 20 engine??

lol thats a 2002 article,I meant the latest engines-including 200 NS one of Bajaj.

Dude please,What you posted says,the Sumo engine was not merc derieved,and Indica one was derieved from the Sumo one.

Subtracting a few things?Have you even done an engineering project in your life?Do you even know what sort of design and analysis work is needed for such a ' subtraction'??

i stand by what i say here
all tata engines are derieved from merc engines
secondly i do know about ce 20 engine but the mere fact that its untested right now dosen't give us bragging rights and we should wait for gslv launch on dec 15 to be really proud(hope its successful)
but have u heard about cryogenic engines of other countries
usa has engine with 3700kn
china with 700 kn
esa with 1300kn
russia with 1961kn
japan with 1078 kn

now u tell me where are we??

now u are behaving like a child
i told u that laghu shakti is a jv with npo saturn but even then its a good progress
but kaveri should be our focus but we are not doing enough!!
developing a turboprop should also be in our priority list
why not involve tata,mahindra,ashok leyland too??

Lol And look who is complaining.

Well lets get into field of civil aircraft manufacturing first,Why not built NAL NCA & Saras with Mahindra/Tata/Reliance before getting into field of turboprop engines?

Industry might not get intrested in small volume manufacturing for Indian armed forces only.

a modified engine can never be taken as a newer one
the tech remains old and thats the reason indian vehicles like tata are a disaster for exports.the engines are way poor than their counterparts as they have been modified from truck engines.

Lol And look who is complaining.

Well lets get into field of civil aircraft manufacturing first,Why not built NAL NCA & Saras with Mahindra/Tata/Reliance before getting into field of turboprop engines?

Industry might not get intrested in small volume manufacturing for Indian armed forces only.
my point is

why involve even nal??
why hal??
there is absolutely no need at all.............
on the topic of turboprop
tech like engines is way more important than making aircraft body and no nation on earth wil part with it,thats why its more important.

all right
but it does state that nirbhay engine is with jv with npo saturn
on a diff note whats the application of laghu shakti??
smaller cruise missiles??or drones??
and whats the progress?can u pls post

yes industry is to be blamed too
but some solution should be found before being too late

i stand by what i say here
all tata engines are derieved from merc engines
secondly i do know about ce 20 engine but the mere fact that its untested right now dosen't give us bragging rights and we should wait for gslv launch on dec 15 to be really proud(hope its successful)
but have u heard about cryogenic engines of other countries
usa has engine with 3700kn
china with 700 kn
esa with 1300kn
russia with 1961kn
japan with 1078 kn

now u tell me where are we??

Dude please...

You stand by?What you ' copy pasted ' does not even agree with you..And they did develop other engines after 475 DI and there are far more manufacturers of car/truck engines in India.

Modified engine redesigning the Bore and stroke itself is a lot of work,and what about 2.2 litre and 1.2 litre Dicor engine?

And Tata mostly exports Vista ( fiat engine ) , Manza ( fiat engine ) and Safari ( new engine ).So the engines are to blame?

Now FYI CE 20 is a200 kN cryo engine is to be ready by 2017,and ISRO is planning to complete SCE 200-2000 kN semi cryo by that time.And another 600 kN cryo is in design stage.

Mean while we would do with 2 X Vikas engines as in L 110 stage in gslv mk III 1600 kN thrust.

And would do with heavy SRBs for boosters like S 200

all right
but it does state that nirbhay engine is with jv with npo saturn
on a diff note whats the application of laghu shakti??
smaller cruise missiles??or drones??
and whats the progress?can u pls post

yes industry is to be blamed too
but some solution should be found before being too late

Well its not known- why hal is developing a 20 kN one and for which UAV laghu shakti is for.

Dude please...

You stand by?What you ' copy pasted ' does not even agree with you..And they did develop other engines after 475 DI and there are far more manufacturers of car/truck engines in India.

Modified engine redesigning the Bore and stroke itself is a lot of work,and what about 2.2 litre and 1.2 litre Dicor engine?

And Tata mostly exports Vista ( fiat engine ) , Manza ( fiat engine ) and Safari ( new engine ).So the engines are to blame?

Now FYI CE 20 is a200 kN cryo engine is to be ready by 2017,and ISRO is planning to complete SCE 200-2000 kN semi cryo by that time.And another 600 kN cryo is in design stage.

Mean while we would do with 2 X Vikas engines as in L 110 stage in gslv mk III 1600 kN thrust.

And would do with heavy SRBs for boosters like S 200

Well its not known- why hal is developing a 20 kN one and for which UAV laghu shakti is for.
dicor also comes as modification from tata 407.............lets end this useless discussion please

on laghu shakti drdo and hal are completely mum
whats the power of nirbhay turbofan??
any idea?

dicor also comes as modification from tata 407.............lets end this useless discussion please

any idea?

any idea?

dude DICOR is not an engine....Its tatas inhouse developed CRDI technology, I was asking about 2.2 litre and 1.05 litre engines..

Laghu Shakti develops 400Kgf of thrust.

only 3.92 kn??
that is tiny!!
must be for smaller cruise missiles

only 3.92 kn??
that is tiny!!
must be for smaller cruise missiles
Or an UAV.

On the othervhand HAL is developing a 20.kN engine for povering ' transport aircraft' (thats what they say) ..
Can power a learjet,with that.....

Or an UAV.

On the othervhand HAL is developing a 20.kN engine for povering ' transport aircraft' (thats what they say) ..
Can power a learjet,with that.....
Hey mate Any link for that 20kN engine?

Back
Top Bottom