What's new

Rustom II: An exciting opportunity for Honeywell

looks like u read times of india for kicks

here is the truth about indigenous bajaj engines

Automotive Engineering International Online: Global Vehicles (February 2002)

read it and tell me they are not madifying kawasaki engines??can u do that?
similarly u can find about honda engines of hero
on the tata engines i have clearly proved they are derieved from heavier mercedes engines by subtracting various things and are not produced from scratch.
tata i dica newer gen and tata manza use fiat engines for this very purpose as older tata so called indigenous engine was just not good enough as it had tech of trucks which is not ideal for small cars.
i know isro is developing semi cryogenic but can u dispute that our cryogenic is pretty small and as of now we should not comment before dec 15 test??

My dear friend i would like to refute your points what you said here, You say bajaj uses the kawasaki engine for their bikes, yes they were using it before when they had thier kb100, 125, (for 2 stroke) and 4s, 4S champion, Boxer and different versions of them. But they dont use any of those engines in their current models, their highest selling models are Discover and Pulsar, they use a newly designed engine by themselves and some of the technology they use are patented. i am sure you know the new pulsar nxg? was it designed by Kawasaki? Well your arguments on other posts are similar....

My dear friend i would like to refute your points what you said here, You say bajaj uses the kawasaki engine for their bikes, yes they were using it before when they had thier kb100, 125, (for 2 stroke) and 4s, 4S champion, Boxer and different versions of them. But they dont use any of those engines in their current models, their highest selling models are Discover and Pulsar, they use a newly designed engine by themselves and some of the technology they use are patented. i am sure you know the new pulsar nxg? was it designed by Kawasaki? Well your arguments on other posts are similar....

just open the link i posted and see

they have taken the kawasaki engines and modified them with help of a japanese company.

i am not saying its completely kawasaki but its not designed by bajaj fro the base and thats the point of my post.

my argument is that unless u design something on ur own,,anything,,we are just far behind.

now we will surely do good things in the next 10-15 years ,no doubt but right now i don't really feel like boasting.
when we move to the stage of making all on our own i will be the first one to boast

just open the link i posted and see

they have taken the kawasaki engines and modified them with help of a japanese company.

i am not saying its completely kawasaki but its not designed by bajaj fro the base and thats the point of my post.

my argument is that unless u design something on ur own,,anything,,we are just far behind.

now we will surely do good things in the next 10-15 years ,no doubt but right now i don't really feel like boasting.
when we move to the stage of making all on our own i will be the first one to boast

mate i dont have to read those articles to know what goes in to designing those engines as i have enough experience with automobile industry to know myself. You are talking about Tokyo R&D, and you know which engine they developed for bajaj? There was an automatic scooter named saffair which is automatic 3 speed 4 stroke engine and that was one of the worst engine bajaj ever made... Infact that engine made bajaj to quit scooter industry which bajaj was known for....

Every engine is based auto cycle there will be a base engine, the moment you change the bore or stroke of an engine then that engine is altogether new because most of the things get changed. Yes companies do have a base engine and develop from there just because they don't want to waste money and time on designing an engine from scratch..... But does that means they cant design an engine? I beg to differ with you here

Last edited:
mate i dont have to read those articles to know what goes in to designing those engines as i have enough experience with automobile industry to know myself. Every engine is based auto cycle there will be a base engine, the moment you change the bore or stroke of an engine then that engine is altogether new because most of the things get changed. Yes companies do have a base engine and develop from there just because they don't want to waste money and time on designing an engine from scratch..... But does that means they cant design an engine? I beg to differ with you here

my point is a jv with japan

had we sourced an indian company for consultation it would have been different.

i will give u another example---------

all the smartphones use arm chips(not intel)
arm is a british company that gives designs of their chips to anyone for a fee,as a result we have seen many countries like china(mediatek),south korea(lg,samsung),taiwan(tsmc)and usa(snapdragon,nvidia) to start manufacturing them

but not a single indian company is even capable to manufacture these under licence!!
and this affects our defence directly as chips are required in mission computers and radars etc.our inability to produce these leads us to procure stuff from outside.

drdo does produce some indigenous chips but they are way far behind in performance.

similar examples could be found elsewhere and the point being we must speed up everything and these core tech like engines,chips etc are the backbone of our tech

my point is a jv with japan

had we sourced an indian company for consultation it would have been different.

i will give u another example---------

all the smartphones use arm chips(not intel)
arm is a british company that gives designs of their chips to anyone for a fee,as a result we have seen many countries like china(mediatek),south korea(lg,samsung),taiwan(tsmc)and usa(snapdragon,nvidia) to start manufacturing them

but not a single indian company is even capable to manufacture these under licence!!
and this affects our defence directly as chips are required in mission computers and radars etc.our inability to produce these leads us to procure stuff from outside.

drdo does produce some indigenous chips but they are way far behind in performance.

similar examples could be found elsewhere and the point being we must speed up everything and these core tech like engines,chips etc are the backbone of our tech

I get your point but that doesn't mean that we can not design or produce something better.... I will give you another example from automobile industry this time the other indian 2wheeler company TVS - They have an engine for Apache RTR based on an engine which was designed by Suzuki japan. The base engine was 150 cc 4 speed with a BHP of 12. Now what TVS has done is redesigned the same engine increased the cc by another 10 to 160 by doing so they changed both the bore and stroke and made the engine to over square and you know what is the power out put? 15.2 BHP, now we can complain that we do not have an engine deigned by ourselves, but what TVS has done is re engineering the existing engine and improved its performance to a higher level to their requirement...

My point is you don't need to start things from scratch if already there is a technology, the best you can do is learn the technology and learn to improve it performance to your requirement.

I get your point but that doesn't mean that we can not design or produce something better.... I will give you another example from automobile industry this time the other indian 2wheeler company TVS - They have an engine for Apache RTR based on an engine which was designed by Suzuki japan. The base engine was 150 cc 4 speed with a BHP of 12. Now what TVS has done is redesigned the same engine increased the cc by another 10 to 160 by doing so they changed both the bore and stroke and made the engine to over square and you know what is the power out put? 15.2 BHP, now we can complain that we do not have an engine deigned by ourselves, but what TVS has done is re engineering the existing engine and improved its performance to a higher level to their requirement...

My point is you don't need to start things from scratch if already there is a technology, the best you can do is learn the technology and learn to improve it performance to your requirement.

yes u are right.
but still the true guage of industrial might is displayed with original development

rightnow we are in the same phase as chinese were 15 years ago..................u can well imagine where we will be 15 years from now!!

Back
Top Bottom