What's new

Russia, Vietnam to Jointly Manufacture Anti-Ship Missiles

manojb

Reaction score
Country
India
Russia and Vietnam are planning to start in 2012 joint production of a modified anti-ship missile, head of the Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation Mikhail Dmitriyev said on Wednesday.
*“We are planning to build facilities in Vietnam for the production of a version of the Russian Uran [SS-N-25 Switchblade] missile in a project that is similar to joint Russian-Indian production of the BrahMos missile,” Dmitriyev said.
*The Uran subsonic anti-ship missile can be launched from helicopters, surface ships and coastal defense batteries. It has a range of up to 250 kilometers (135 nautical miles) and carries a 145-kilogram high explosive warhead.
*Russian-Indian joint venture BrahMos Aerospace Ltd, set up in 1998, manufactures supersonic cruise missiles based on the Russian-designed NPO Mashinostroyenie 3M55 Yakhont (SS-N-26).
*Sea- and ground-launched versions have been successfully tested and put into service with the Indian Army and Navy.
----------------
Good for Vietnam.. way togo.

A welcome news. Uran missiles are subsonic anti-ship missiles. If this can form a base for subsonic cruise missile development for Vietnam then we must make it a point to supply them with BrahMos. I don't understand why Dr. Pillai has not considered more assembly lines to speed up the work. Our issue is that our own forces have such a massive BrahMos demand that there is hardly any time on the current assembly lines to export.

I am sure Russia would welcome this sale. Once a sane government comes in 2014, it must start exporting BrahMos to Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia:-- three main nations having keen interest. Iran and Israel also have interest but because of political sensitivities I don't think Russia would be comfortable selling it to either.

A welcome news. Uran missiles are subsonic anti-ship missiles. If this can form a base for subsonic cruise missile development for Vietnam then we must make it a point to supply them with BrahMos. I don't understand why Dr. Pillai has not considered more assembly lines to speed up the work. Our issue is that our own forces have such a massive BrahMos demand that there is hardly any time on the current assembly lines to export.

I am sure Russia would welcome this sale. Once a sane government comes in 2014, it must start exporting BrahMos to Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia:-- three main nations having keen interest. Iran and Israel also have interest but because of political sensitivities I don't think Russia would be comfortable selling it to either.
Your are right about speeding up the production, its better to occupy the market before new potent competitor arrives.

They should name it MekMos (Mekong - Moskva) & its NATO reporting name can be Mickey
mickey-mouse-emoticon3.gif

Well i thought the vietnam asked for Brahmos from india?
This is a good move by both the govt, but i would like to use them brahmos along with the joint produced URAN missile !!
:tup:
We still need Brahmos from you, bro. this missile only fit with ship and helicopter , but Brahmos can lauch from Su-30 Km2 :cheers:

They already have a killer missile in their hands, Oniks.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

We still need Brahmos from you, bro. this missile only fit with ship and helicopter , but Brahmos can lauch from Su-30 Km2 :cheers:

Sukhoi-30 MK2 can't fire Brahmos in the way it is, it's frame needs to be strengthened.

su30_brahmos11.jpg

We also have a deal with Russia to upgrade our Sukhoi-30 MK2 to fit with Brahmos too, bro ^^

That's great news bro.

Order some more, Is Vietnam thinking about inducting any new aircrafts in its arsenal? Because those 120 odd Mig-21s and 50 Sukhoi-22 needs to be replaced ASAP

That's great news bro.

Order some more, Is Vietnam thinking about inducting any new aircrafts in its arsenal? Because those 120 odd Mig-21s and 50 Sukhoi-22 needs to be replaced ASAP

They can be replaced by su 30 mk2 and FGFA !!
I still feel we should give them access to MKI , as this is the best of the SU 30 families !!

That's great news bro.

It's depend on Russia's decision , bro. so far ,Russia only have a plan to open Sukhoi maintenance center in Vietnam
http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...-s-army-turn-into-regular-elite-force-10.html

so maybe we need more time to have joint venture in manufacturing aircraft with Russia :D:D

Back
Top Bottom